So my ride turned into a hike...

2wheels>4

So, I go to run a quick errand in Canal Winchester and my ride home got a bit interesting. I am getting onto RT 33 to head home and as I hit fourth gear my clutch cable snaps. No more clutchy... So, I did what any rational and sane human being would do.... wait, no, I did the other thing and went ahead and rode the other 25 miles or so to Westerville in hopes of getting parts at the Pony.

I make it to the Rt 3 Exit on the North end of 270 rather uneventfully and exit, but the old girl didn't want to get into neutral whilst moving and I was dealing with some sketchy traffic, so I just parked the bike at the bottom of the offramp. (too the side, of course) I make a few phone calls and I am contemplating the next leg of my journey when another biker comes along on his way to the Pony and offers to give me a lift for those last two miles or so. I can tell you that Shadow 750's look and sound cool, but never, EVER should you put a 6 foot tall dude on the back of one. (not just because of the gay factor either)

:supergay:

So the pony has my cable, but while the dude is getting my parts he asks me about the Ohio Riders decal on my helmet and in the process of explaining what a bunch of assholes we all are, I find out that his coworker is Born Sinner's brother... (smack your brother because he works at the pony and I still had to tell his coworker who we are....) :slap:

The last bit to this story is just about me hiking back to my bike all by my lonesome, fixing it on the side of a busy off ramp, and riding my happy ass back to Obetz. (did I mention the 40 pound backpack I was humping through this whole bloody ordeal?? or the fact that motorcycle gear is NOT meant for hiking in the fucking sun?) It's all man sweat and grease, so I will let you all just ad-lib it as you see fit. :violin:

Cliff's notes:

1. Cable clutches suck my sweaty balls.

2. Riding without a clutch is easy, until you need to get moving again in traffic.

3. Honda Shadow cool if ridden alone, or with SMALL passenger.. NOT with me on the back. (Thanks for the ride, dude. Sorry everyone in Westerville thinks I'm your girlfriend now...)

4. BornSinner's brother sucks at PR and recruiting. (is this the part where I get banned??)

5. Riding gear does NOT double as hiking gear.

7. I can't count.

Thank you.

why the guy think we are assholes,and why he dont give you ride back to your bike?

did you wear your pink helmet were you seat back on that shadow?

LOL No, Rusty, he didn't think we were assholes (well, he might now since he has met me....) I was just making a joke on the quality and over all attitude of our members, myself included.

And he DID give me a ride on the shadow, which is how I plan to ride in the next pride parade. (assuming I can borrow your pink helmet... hehehe)

Dude on the Shadow was really cool about it. Didn't even look at me funny or make any homo jokes at my expense. I figure he must have been too busy balancing an extra 200lbs way high on his center of gravity....

On the bright side you got yourself a new boyfriend! Just wondering you spit or swallow lol

The difference between like and love is spit and swallow.... If you really want to show you care, put a finger in their ass and cup the balls too... just roll them around, roll them around...

What did Cinderella say when she got to the ball?? "Guuuullllk! MMMMMFFFPPT!"

Edited by 2wheels>4
add another quote