E 270 Ride Report

Cheech

Watch your asses around the Easton - 670 block of 270. Saw a sheriff, OHP in car on right median (right where the Easton exit ramp begins to come back to 270, before 670) and another OHP in car on middle median, all facing southbound. Looks like the tax collectors are out in force today. All sightings at 11AM Friday morning.

I saw 10 police cars between mansfield and columbus tonight. I heard that they had an extra grant or something to increase law enforcement this weekend. Although, the crowd I was running with was going ~80 and they didn't pull anyone over, so maybe they're just looking for dangerous people and drunkies

Those lines of cops are dangerous.... with 1 cop he thinks "hmmm should I pull this guy over or wait for a worse one?" the lines with 1 spotter just pull over everyone when they start (if they are looking for speed)

I saw 10 police cars between mansfield and columbus tonight. I heard that they had an extra grant or something to increase law enforcement this weekend. Although, the crowd I was running with was going ~80 and they didn't pull anyone over, so maybe they're just looking for dangerous people and drunkies

Are you talking 10 cops down 71 between mansfield and cbus?

I topped out at 80/85 trying to pass a semi, if the cop had his radar on me he had me dead on. I was wearing full gear, so maybe that helped. Either way, watch your asses out there. Bacon tastes good until you see it in your rear view mirror...

Thats one of the most heavily patroled freeways areas.. if you speed through there and get caught you damn near deserve the ticket for being an idiot :)

I've NEVER seen 3 cruisers in such close proximity like that. Sure there's always the one before the 161 flyover in the median, but never 3.

i pass by 270 easton all the time.

from 270 and hamilton road up to 270 and westerville road.. DO NOT SPEED!. Gahanna police are getting gangsta these days and sitting on the side of the road with their lights off. its way to risky.

i laugh when ever i see someone speeding on that strip. every day i see at least 1 person pulled over when i pass

I've NEVER seen 3 cruisers in such close proximity like that. Sure there's always the one before the 161 flyover in the median, but never 3.

You don't drive 270 enough then.

From Rt 3 to Main St on the NE side and from 33 to Sawmill Rd on the NW side are some of the most heavily patrolled areas of 270.

Went out to Dayton enduro riders club today for some trail time around 9am. I passed three cruisers on the way there with their radar going full tilt! On the way home, about 4:00, I passed two wolf packs using laser and pointing for people to pull over, and at least five rolling SHP cruisers shooting radar intermitantly and several Sheriff cars hiding at on ramps. I'm home for the rest of the night but I can only imagine that by tonight there will be more SHP, Sheriffs and LPD cars out than citizens vehicles! :lol: