dryfire trick for your Glock

dmagicglock

I know i've read that many of you on hear have Glocks. If you're like me you want to practice your trigger control by dry firing but it becomes annoying when you have to reset the slide after every trigger pull and cant practice multiple shot dry fires. Well I read an article in a magazine tonight that gets around this problem for Glocks and many other dual action pistols. I don't have a link to the article because its not available online, however I did find a nice video on youtube that explains the same thing. Basically you fold a piece of cardboard into the ejection port in front of the firing pin and it allows you to still have the trigger reset and continue to do multiple trigger pulls! here's a link to the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DvyZvdC2Bs

^^^ you're right, i just use my dummy rounds to practice clearing jams and malfunctions

lol, unfortunately I have a lot of practice with jams... hollow point 22s jam easy...

I just double check the end of the barrel is clear with a flashlight or a lighter, then pull the slide back as far as possible and release it.... then if that doesn't work I smack the butt on the bench...

There, that should have every gun owner twitch...lol

I always heard, "practice as realistically as possible." That looks great if your practicing for duck hunt... otherwise just use bullets and knock down some steel. IJS.

hah well with the availability of ammo, cost, and the practicality of being able to go to the range EVERY day, sometimes you gotta improvise. Besides, dry fire exercises are great to practice "trigger control" because you can focus on depressing the trigger without worrying about anticipating recoil, milking the grip, etc... Then when you go back to the range with some practice, hopefully you group your shots closer :)

I'm not saying its a substitute for actual shooting drills, but its a nice "filler" for between sessions.

hah well with the availability of ammo, cost, and the practicality of being able to go to the range EVERY day, sometimes you gotta improvise. Besides, dry fire exercises are great to practice "trigger control" because you can focus on depressing the trigger without worrying about anticipating recoil, milking the grip, etc... Then when you go back to the range with some practice, hopefully you group your shots closer :)

I'm not saying its a substitute for actual shooting drills, but its a nice "filler" for between sessions.

:plus1:

what about the idea that dry firing a gun is bad for the firing pin and other parts? I have always heard that but never looked into it.

Only with the rimfires does the firing pin get damaged, it is a common myth to never dry fire a gun, this usually only applies to rimfires, it is an older design than centerfire, which most common handguns are. Usually a lot of .22s are rimfires. but with your common 9mm, .40, .45, etcs they are mainly centerfire.