Ok, so Iguess this is a legal question?

Lunatik3

Did anyone here abide by the law while riding with their temps as far as no riding after dark, no passengers, and no freeways? Just curious if anyone follows it anymore?

not much at all... quite a bit of freeway riding, after dark riding... I had 3 sets of temps too - lol. just kept putting off getting the license for some reason. Hell I even rode down to the Basic Riders Course via 77 with my temps to get my endorsement.

Did anyone here abide by the law while riding with their temps as far as no riding after dark, no passengers, and no freeways? Just curious if anyone follows it anymore?

dont worry about it, and if someone fucks with you tell them that if cops can go 147 on their bikes then you can ride at night.

I only had my temps for 2 weeks, then the MSF course date was here. I scheduled my MSF course before I had a motorcycle. I got my temps the day I purchased my bike which was 2 weeks before my MSF date was scheduled, so it all worked out great. I got temps and ditched them fast.

I only had my temp for about a week, too. But when you get your license or endorsement for the first time, you have some rules to follow for one year. A) You have to wear a helmet at all times, B) something else. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. And, your license says novice on it.

I rode a passenger once, other then that I followed the rules.

b) your passenger has to wear a helmet at all times

That's all I can think of

That's correct, as a novice the only restriction is for you and your passenger to wear a helmet for one year.

As for the OP's question, no, I didn't follow the rules on my temp... hehe, I rode home from the MSF weekday class (ends at 10:00 PM)

had like 3 sets of temps too..finally i got caught takin a girl on a ride...(think the laws changed since though)...statie gave me the "i've been a cop for 20 years" spiel..young guy on a new bike...made me push it up a hill to a church and call to get a ride...worst was leaving my bike...but forgot what the actual ticket was for...was like 100+ though...took my test 2 weeks later...like i said this was in 96...think its changed since and that was in the sticks...

Edited by stoneyb

I have been out at night a few times, I try to get home before it's really dark, except for leaving work, which is less than 2 miles away.

On the highway part, I've kept away from the interstate highway part of that one, but I HAVE been in congested areas, such as Morse Rd, near Easton. Definitely congested there!

I always have my helmet on, and don't carry passengers.

For the most part, I do follow the rules.

I was RIDEN DIRTY for a while till the cop that pulled me over informed me that he lives 2 streets over from me :eek: and see's me all the time and better not see me again till I get my shit together. week later I was clean and never felt better !!! :D