Socially Awkward Engineers on Motorcycles

EvilTwin

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, if I knew there was a club for begin a socially akward engineer, I would have gone out there and not introduced myself to anyone. . . (although i'm a comp sci nerd. same math - different focuses).

wish I could have made it though, sounds like it was fun

Comp Sci nerds know where the CLI is, and hit it every time.

it may be 7 socially awkward engineers

but i'm a socially awkward engineer in training...2 more years till i get my bachelors :p

it will soon be 8 in SAEM

You forgot the 1 year you spend interning. Now go get me some coffee. :)

it may be 7 socially awkward engineers

but i'm a socially awkward engineer in training...2 more years till i get my bachelors :p

it will soon be 8 in SAEM

Whoa, you don't have to have your bachelors to be an enginerd. I have __ more years before I graduate.

Whoa, you don't have to have your bachelors to be an enginerd. I have __ more years before I graduate.

He does still have to get me some coffee. And a bagel too, toasted with enough butter to kill John Goodman.

He does still have to get me some coffee. And a bagel too, toasted with enough butter to kill John Goodman.

thats very little butter

and i'm majoring in what they call at osu as "Computer Science and Engineering"

you could argue that Compscience is not engineering...

Oh God, CSE is way over my head, I took the intro programing class and barely made it through the last 3 weeks. It's just to much to take in.

And make that two bagels, toasted but I with cream cheese instead and it better not be light cream cheese either.

thats very little butter

and i'm majoring in what they call at osu as "Computer Science and Engineering"

you could argue that Compscience is not engineering...

You could, but you would be wrong. Granted, I don't have to get licensed like a mechanical engineer does, but I would love to see one of those guys design a datacenter and set up the Cisco gear that goes in it.

Now code monkeys on the other hand... :)

The only people who are in the College of Engineering and shouldn't be are those damn Architects. Who decided those glorified art majors were good enough to hang with us highly trained Engineers anyways?

;)

The only people who are in the College of Engineering and shouldn't be are those damn Architects. Who decided those glorified art majors were good enough to hang with us highly trained Engineers anyways?

;)

Hey, what's wrong with art majors? ;)

I did start as a chemistry major, but found it much easier to go to an art class hung over.

Actually, after reading this thread, I must have an engineer personality. I'm an introverted, depressed bookworm that will rarely talk to anyone that doesn't speak to me first. I'll be fairly social around people I know a bit, but no hard feelings if you see me standing in the corner by myself. I leave all the socializing to my wife. I prefer being alone. Today was my birthday and you know how I treated myself? Dinner at Max and Erma's with only an Arthur C. Clarke book for company.

Should we pull John in as an honorary wannabe? CompSci type, of course...

BTW, in the beginning, CompSci did not have a math requirement at OSU. So many people were trying to have it as a major, that they added 4 years of math, essentially equal to the math something like an engineer or math major would have to take. That got rid of most of those trying to have CompSci as a major.

And @ Art, I loved chemistry, even if I took the advanced set of chemistry classes. But I remember organic chemistry was very difficult. And I still have every Robert Heinlein book ever released in English... including one bootleg.

Should we pull John in as an honorary wannabe? CompSci type, of course...

BTW, in the beginning, CompSci did not have a math requirement at OSU. So many people were trying to have it as a major, that they added 4 years of math, essentially equal to the math something like an engineer or math major would have to take. That got rid of most of those trying to have CompSci as a major.

yea i hate the math part of the CSE major...

wish i didn't have to take so much math...it just seems to not really be necessary for programming courses...

I majored in Mech Engineering then I met my future ex-wife. I like the engineering field, but now I'm a computer nerd specializing in Application Development.

When you talk you engineering talk at least people can grasp about every other word. Talk code around people and they start thinking suicide is a viable option to get out of the conversation.

You think u're better than us?

Way to move the thread too. Now we've been officially ostracized.

Ah, the edit stills are strong with this one.

Um no. I do not think I'm better than you and you have not been ostracized you've been segregated.

Talk code around people and they start thinking suicide is a viable option to get out of the conversation.

true...ppl ask what i'm majoring in and I say CSE and they ask what it is...i probably say about 2 sentences before they interrupt me with something like "thats cool" and change the subject...

true...ppl ask what i'm majoring in and I say CSE and they ask what it is...i probably say about 2 sentences before they interrupt me with something like "thats cool" and change the subject...

:plus1: sooo true! I don't know how many times this has happened to me... or they ask where I work and I tell them Curtiss Wright Controls Embedded Computing, and same thing

Hey, what's wrong with art majors? ;)

I did start as a chemistry major, but found it much easier to go to an art class hung over.

Actually, after reading this thread, I must have an engineer personality. I'm an introverted, depressed bookworm that will rarely talk to anyone that doesn't speak to me first. I'll be fairly social around people I know a bit, but no hard feelings if you see me standing in the corner by myself. I leave all the socializing to my wife. I prefer being alone. Today was my birthday and you know how I treated myself? Dinner at Max and Erma's with only an Arthur C. Clarke book for company.

Loner engineer who has an artistic side; you sound like an older version of me.

Though I f*cking hate chemistry, took me two trys to pass 125.

Ah, the edit stills are strong with this one.

Um no. I do not think I'm better than you and you have not been ostracized you've been segregated.

Yea, you mods should know that I ninja edit the HELL out of my posts to correct spelling, grammar, or clarify my overly blunt points. I bet the majority of my posts have the "Edited by...." tag underneath them.

Segregated, eh? What is this, the 1960s? :eek::nono: