Socially Awkward Engineers on Motorcycles

EvilTwin

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we're up to 5 socially awkward engineers?! Magz, MJ, JRMMiii, EvlTwin, and I?

make it seven... I am ex-aerospace engineer, and may go back eventually.

Socially awkward? Yeah, on and off again. Learned to live with it.

A fine combination of introvert and extrovert.

Turn it on and turn it off. It's a Zen thing...

make it six... I am ex-aerospace engineer, and may go back eventually.

I am much more outgoing once I warm up to the group I'm with. But when I'm new I just kinda sit in the corner hoping someone will come talk to me. That's basically what I did at Dyno Day this year; that was my first OR event.

make it six... I am ex-aerospace engineer, and may go back eventually.

Toss my hat into that ring too while you're at it.

I'm starting to see a trend here, perhaps a lot of people who own motorcycles are engineers b/c one we can afford them, and two we have a lot of pent of social anxiety which we need to take out on the road.

SAEM = Socially Awkward Engineers on Motorcycles? Is this a new social club? Are we allowed to do wheelies? I won't join unless I can keep my little wheelies...

or maybe that should be SAE MC... (geek j/k)

:nono: I leave for 10 minutes and this thread takes a major turn towards geekdom... This is why engineers get categorized as socially awkward!!! :D lol.

OH, and sorry wrillo... :D

I'm starting to see a trend here, perhaps a lot of people who own motorcycles are engineers b/c one we can afford them, and two we have a lot of pent of social anxiety which we need to take out on the road.

Not me, I started bikes when dreaming of being a Naval Aviator. I wanted to be a fighter jock, US Navy preferably. They turned me down when I tried to enlisted. Eyesight not perfect enough. That's the extrovert part speaking.

So it's the other way around, I wanted to be an engineer because it would let me understand motorcycles, automotive, and aviation. That's the introvert part speaking.

You get two or more of us in a room and the convo always goes down hill; before you know it we're using physics to explain why squids kill themselves and using words no one else understands.

You get two or more of us in a room and the convo always goes down hill; before you know it we're using physics to explain why squids kill themselves and using words no one else understands.

I'm pretty certain all engineers should be required to take a class "How to not be socially retarded 101"...

:p

:nono: I leave for 10 minutes and this thread takes a major turn towards geekdom... This is why engineers get categorized as socially awkward!!! :D lol.

OH, and sorry wrillo... :D

I could say something here, but it would probably come out geeky...

ok, here goes... flip - extrovert...

ok, maybe not... flop - introvert...

I'm pretty certain all engineers should be required to take a class "How to not be socially retarded 101"...

:p

I actually teach Nerd's Studies 325 right down the hall. You should stop in, you might learn a little somethin'.

@Evil - Yes, I was crammed into the end of the bar with Kosmo.

7 engineers... we could start a club, but none of us would talk in it.

I did shake Dave's hand, and it was good meeting Recon - I could tell I was 'related' to him in some way. F*(kin' engineers.

Wrillo though, he's got mad game - he can't be an enginerd.

man, if I knew there was a club for begin a socially akward engineer, I would have gone out there and not introduced myself to anyone. . . (although i'm a comp sci nerd. same math - different focuses).

wish I could have made it though, sounds like it was fun