washing bike without water?

max power

I think I would look into why the bike wouldn't run after being sprayed?

I have. And short of stripping it down and not riding all summer, I'll just skip the H2O for now. I'll figure it out this winter. Too much riding time lost already.

All i know for sure is this. Its an electrical gremlin. My kid washed it the last time we rode and got water somewhere water shouldnt bee. Had no spark after, the next day it ran, then no spark for 2 weeks. I come back from vacation and it runs!!?? Hard to find an electrical problem that comes and goes without rhyme or reason.

Edited by max power

:nono: Lemme guess, a stretched out Busa with a fat tire won it? Fuckin things aren't even rideable.:nono:

Close

Gixxer with a gynormous chromed out swingarm, with "Gixxer" etched into the sides, & big 300 on the back, + bunch of other chrome. Sharp bike if you get into that stuff

Their classes sucked a$$: Sports (Not "Sport Bikes"), Touring, Vintage, Cruiser, Special Interest. There was no Sport Bike or Stock class

So I was competing in the "Sports" which also had all kinds of custom bikes with serious mods/paint etc. They were including Sportsters, Vmax's, etc in this class

I was one of the first to enter at 4:00'ish. Judging wasn't until 8:30, and as the night wore on & more people entered...... I knew I'd wasted $10 entry fee.

Lot of people were stopping & looking at her though for extended periods, rather than just drivebys....... Even the Harley pepes, so I guess that's something :rolleyes:

I was hoping the Ohio Riders sticker would buy me some love..... American Idol style..... But nada :dunno:

Edited by Fonzie

Any sugesstions?

I am a freak about keeping my bike clean, but the last time I washed it, I had some issues and have decided that I need to go the waterless route. Some have told me to just wipe it down with a rag after riding but, anyone who has ridden in Ohio knows that that wont get it clean and I dont want to scratch the paint trying to get bugs off my shit.

So, who has used what and to what end? My research begins here. :cool:

Mine is always dirty. So I just keep it dirty but if you can give me a good way to clean I will do it.

Mine is always dirty. So I just keep it dirty but if you can give me a good way to clean I will do it.

Ummmm.....Yeeahhh

I think there's about 20 some "suggestions" up above Sport :cool:

lemon Pledge! I didn't believe it either when a couple old school HD guys told me about it. I finally broke down and gave it a try. It works great! Don't do the seat or grips.

hahaha, when no one is looking, all the tanks on the bikes on a showroom floor are dusted off and quick wiped with Lemon Pledge. Once or twice a day. Been there. Done that. True story.

I like the Honda polish also. Amazing stuff. With no water, choices are limited. An air hose would move some stuff off. It really should get dusted off and wiped down with a solvent once and a while. One of the gentle paint prep solvents that remove wax and polish should be ok. Letting a warm wet cloth sit over bugs and stuff will loosen them up pretty quick.

I prefer a bike that rides every day, in the rain or shine. And dirty it will be...

Couple things.

1. Bike not starting after water should be looked at

2. Wet rag and car soap for a base, "rinse" with a small spray bottle

3. CLAY it, will cut down on washes later

4. Use a good wax, I like Meguiars #21 for first coat and then NXT over that

5. Meguiars Final Inspection between washes works amazing imho

6. Bird didn't need a wash, the bugs are extra points :)

Max; Check a few V-Max forums - maybe you can find a place to start in a short time.

I'm on it.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8484

Tried to ride it today with no luck. It started, warmed up and rode fine...for about 2 miles. then it started bogging like it was out of gas (has a full tank) Rode that way for about 1/2 mile and died. Pushed it the 1/4 mile to the house and parked it. A couple of friends think its the regulator.

Thanx Max..... 'Preciate that

What show's you win?

I'd do it again with different classes, or a smaller show

Live & learn I guess

2006 CW Labor day car and bike show. 1st place sport bike. Beat out about 6-8 bikes and 2006 Pickerington violet festival car and bike show 1st place sportbike. It beat out more than 10 bikes including a 900ss. All I can say is that the paint was very good and the bike was kept very clean. The Pickerington show was judged by some AMA guys which (I'm guessing) is why the strectched chrome swingarm gixxers didnt win. They were all stupid looking.

BTW....Just thought of this

For those of you who've never used Honda Polish before.....It's not called that anymore. Can looks pretty much identical (black w/ pink), but another company is making/distributing it now under their own name

**Now called "Original Bike Spirits" by Amrep. Even our local Yamaha dealer carries it!! :lol:

Edited by Fonzie

I try to find deep river crossings to clean my bike. I have even had her take a nap in a few streams only to be picked up and fire right up.

Seriously I would get it looked at. A sudden rainstorm while riding is a bad time to be pushing. Just saying.

U N E M P L O Y E D = no $ to take bike to a shop. Cant afford to "get it looked at".

Now, if we have any charitable mechanics in the house, I always have hot food and cold beer at my house. Just saying. :D