Rider Down or Wear Gear! or RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE

Cheech

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheech! I feel so bad man! We stopped at the only stop sign on 79 and sent a guy back but he didn't see you. We should have all turned around. A hard lesson learned.

I'm glad you're ok man and I hope you're back out there soon. Keep in touch.

Cheech! I feel so bad man! We stopped at the only stop sign on 79 and sent a guy back but he didn't see you. We should have all turned around. A hard lesson learned.

I'm glad you're ok man and I hope you're back out there soon. Keep in touch.

Not sure how far back he went, but I was there for probably a good 30-40 minutes.

Just came back from wrecking on the way to the Coshocton ride.

Dude, so glad you are okay! You made some very valid points about knowing the other riders,

your comfort zone and such, just so glad you are alright!

Glad you're ok Cheech.

The wife and I were watching thbe MotoGP race today and saw 2 riders go down. She says "Omg that's horrible!" I said "watch, he'll get right up and get back on the bike"

She couldn't believe the difference gear made!

Whoa.. wait a minute. You mean to tell me only one person doubled back to see where you went and when he didn't find you the group split? I'm going to call this a bit fucked up. :nono:

All I know is I got a text message on my phone at 10:40. I didn't check it since I didn't think anyone had my number. The last person I saw from the group is the guy behind me when he passed me passing the Grand Marquis.

I'm not going to call anyone anything, since it's really not productive to do so. I now know who I should be riding with, how I should be riding with them, and in what environment. I'll leave it at that.

Glad you're ok Cheech.

The wife and I were watching thbe MotoGP race today and saw 2 riders go down. She says "Omg that's horrible!" I said "watch, he'll get right up and get back on the bike"

She couldn't believe the difference gear made!

I can't say that enough. The first time I crashed was a lowside slide like this, just at a slower speed. Rash on my knee with just jeans as protectant and a twisted ankle due to low-top sneakers. Now I'm leaving to play a little hockey with almost no pain and absolutely zero skin breakage at all. (my shoulder's a little sore, but that's about it)

That sucks bro. Glad youre in one piece. Which bike was it???

The Katana. While I'm thinking about it, you know anyone that I can borrow some stands from? I have got to get the front and rear wheels off the RR so I can get these tires mounted tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll have it ready for QS&L on Wednesday.

Cheech, I'm really sorry to hear about your lowside.... You know, I was late meeting you guys at Iron Pony this morning, so I went back home to get directions. I thought about trying to follow you folks up 79 and 541 but I have also learned the hard way that when I'm pushing myself too much, bad things tend to happen.

On the other hand, if I had, I may have found you on the road. As it is, I'm thankful a fellow rider was able to help you out. Hope you don't disclude yourself from future rides.... I know that the cbus group voiced concern as to why you (they thought) turned for home and they feel terrible about the mistake.... Again, glad you are ok.

The Katana. While I'm thinking about it, you know anyone that I can borrow some stands from? I have got to get the front and rear wheels off the RR so I can get these tires mounted tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll have it ready for QS&L on Wednesday.

Yeo you can borrow mine.

FYI, rear is for spools.

Ill pm you my digits bitch. :D

Cheech, I am glad you are ok. I feel really bad about your wreck.

I was the rider that went around you at the start of the twisties. After about 5-10mins of riding I decided to slow down then turn around when I didnt see you. A few cars passed that we had gone by on 79N and I didnt see you on riding or sitting on the side of the road, so I decided to turn back around, thinking you had gone home. I am honestly sorry. For being the rider in front of you, I should have made sure that I knew what your status was. The whole group from Columbus felt concerned and are sorry for not slowing down and turning around, I especially feel sorry. I hope that you do come on future rides. Again I am glad that you are OK and that a fellow rider helped you out.