Coshocton R6 crash 07-26-09

knicks360

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Going up a hill at 100mph NOT knowing whats on the other side KILLED me EVERYTIME !!..I see a sign on the side of the road that a street was comming up on the right side (on the other side of the hill) and ALL kinds of shit went through my head in a split second !! Basically NOT knowing the roads was the killer for me.

:nono:

I've rode thru the area before (Coshocton) and like some of the roads but don't think I will ever be up for a "group" ride in the area.

IMHO, you guys simply ride to fast and there is to much room for serious complications, fortunately no one was injured this time,

but what about next time? You had two bikes go down yet everyone is calling it a "good ride", pretty sure the two guys that went down

aren't calling it that.

Sorry but my definiton of a good ride does NOT include phrases like "we only had two riders go down".

Thats my 2cents, bash me, call me a pussy or what not but I'll ride within the limits that I feel safe in and if that means not going on a

Coshocton ride then so be it. BTW, I could have made this ride, had absolutey no plans, but chose not to because I knew how the ride would be.

Edited by SWing'R

lets sum this up... some people like group riding.. some people dont.. some people wreck.. some people dont.. moral to the story is.. IT HAPPENDS.. move on and ride another day.. it get tired of reading the same ole shit..

:plus1: sometimes you got to take risks in life. Im still looking forward to riding with the coshocton boys.

You had two bikes go down yet everyone is calling it a "good ride"' date=' pretty sure the two guys that went down

aren't calling it that.

Sorry but my definiton of a good ride does NOT include phrases like "we only had two riders go down".[/quote']

to rehash we had 1 go down the other one was not even in coshocton he was in newark on his way to us and we had absolutly nothing to do with it ! the other was a freak thing . he was local he'd been there before and wasnt even going that fast there was gravel in the road it got him that happens everywhere regardless of speed

:plus1: sometimes you got to take risks in life. Im still looking forward to riding with the coshocton boys.

and Ill show ya around whenever ya want

NEWBIE PERSPECTIVE......

I am a pretty good dirt rider who just started riding street bikes again... I rode way back in the old days when Vmax's first came out(1984-1986), But haven't really been on a streetbike since then till I got KTM 950 Adventure a couple months ago. This was my second "FAST" ride. I feel I am a decent rider who tries to ride at 80% of my skill level and not much more. For my safety I hope that the extra 20% and a bit of luck will keep my bike shiney. I came with Tod(unclepunk) and chose to tail him. I was able to keep in the top 5-ish riders and usually keep them in sight. I know ALL the guys ahead of me could have left me in the dust if they wanted. I as an ADULT chose to stay in my safety zone and when I was pushing as hard as I felt comfy.... If I saw that crazy SOB on the Ducatti on my tail my left hand went out and waved for him to pass. Same was true for the guy on the Aprillia and also the guy on the Honda with the white jacket. I felt very good to tail the Aprillia and Honda guy. I learned alot about choosing lines in turns. When I felt like I was making mistakes I backed down a bit untill I regained my composure. And then on the second loop I started to think about other things(family being gone and on their way home from TN.) and I decieded that I either needed to focus on riding or head home... I headed home. I had a great time and think the Coshocton crew did a great job of staggering guys along the whole crew to tend to the flock.

Edited by KTMRIDER

:nono:

I've rode thru the area before (Coshocton) and like some of the roads but don't think I will ever be up for a "group" ride in the area.

IMHO' date=' you guys simply ride to fast and there is to much room for serious complications, fortunately no one was injured this time,

but what about next time? You had two bikes go down yet everyone is calling it a "good ride", pretty sure the two guys that went down

aren't calling it that.

Sorry but my definiton of a good ride does NOT include phrases like "we only had two riders go down".

Thats my 2cents, bash me, call me a pussy or what not but I'll ride within the limits that I feel safe in and if that means not going on a

Coshocton ride then so be it. BTW, I could have made this ride, had absolutey no plans, but chose not to because I knew this is how the ride would be.[/quote']

Seriously, people wreck all the time...hell, every time I've been to Mid-Ohio to watch a track day there has been more wrecks than ANY Coshocton ride. I guess they were going "too fast"...It's ridiculous to think just because somebody else is going "too fast" that you have to follow...those rides are all about people going out to ride on some of the best curvy roads Ohio has to offer and having a good time. Whether your good time is over, at or under the speed limit then that's for you to decide...just go have FUN! But don't blame the road, group, group leader, gravel, animals, bike or anything other than yourself when shit goes wrong.

Seriously, people wreck all the time...hell, every time I've been to Mid-Ohio to watch a track day there has been more wrecks than ANY Coshocton ride. I guess they were going "too fast"...It's ridiculous to think just because somebody else is going "too fast" that you have to follow...those rides are all about people going out to ride on some of the best curvy roads Ohio has to offer and having a good time. Whether your good time is over, at or under the speed limit then that's for you to decide...just go have FUN! But don't blame the road, group, group leader, gravel, animals, bike or anything other than yourself when shit goes wrong.

Exactly.

:IMHO' date=' you guys simply ride to fast and there is to much room for serious complications, fortunately no one was injured this time,

aren't calling it that.

Coshocton ride then so be it. BTW, I could have made this ride, had absolutey no plans, but chose not to because I knew this is how the ride would be.[/quote']

Ok, I'm getting tired of this shit. You have obviously chosen not to ride with this group and frankly nobody gives a fuck about your banter or the fact that you could've come but didnt. It's not the group that has the problem, its you. You have obviously stated that you don't have the maturity or self control to ride on a ride like this so maybe its better that you not show up to one of these rides. It'll be better for everyone else involved since they won't have to deal with your ass when you inevitably wreck. No one gives a fuck, now shut up and get back in your corner.

Adam and the Coshocton group are good guys and there's no need to talk shit about them for things completely out of their control.

GaaaWd! You peoples are bitching like little school girls. Look, we have all crashed a bike, IT HAPPENS.... if you have not crashed a bike, well Im sorry to break it to ya, but its gonna happen. Yea its safer to ride fast like this on a track, but I love a good spirited ride on the street. Ive never been to sheepfuckton, but I sure as hell am plannin on going and I hope the crew will show me around! Looks like it was a great turnout. Sorry to those who went down, but they are safe. Thats all that matters

i still don't understand why people are blaming the group. was the entire group riding the bike that wrecked or just one person? i'll bet anything that it was just one person so the group had no control over that one person's actions.

GaaaWd! You peoples are bitching like little school girls. Look, we have all crashed a bike, IT HAPPENS.... if you have not crashed a bike, well Im sorry to break it to ya, but its gonna happen. Yea its safer to ride fast like this on a track, but I love a good spirited ride on the street. Ive never been to sheepfuckton, but I sure as hell am plannin on going and I hope the crew will show me around! Looks like it was a great turnout. Sorry to those who went down, but they are safe. Thats all that matters

ill show u a good time baby :eek:

NEWBIE PERSPECTIVE......

Same was true for the guy on the Aprillia and also the guy on the Honda with the white jacket. I felt very good to tail the Aprillia and Honda guy. I learned alot about choosing lines in turns.

Aw thanks! It's good to know i'm not too bad to follow. I'd be happy riding with you again anytime. You're a steady rider and predictable.

i'm done wasting my time in this thread. its the interwebz so i'd rather rub my dick on a cheese grater than argue over something this fucking dumb

Im no doctor but Im pretty sure thats a bad idea but hey let us know how that ends up for ya:popcorn:

to rehash we had 1 go down the other one was not even in coshocton he was in newark on his way to us and we had absolutly nothing to do with it ! the other was a freak thing . he was local he'd been there before and wasnt even going that fast there was gravel in the road it got him that happens everywhere regardless of speed

Apples to Oranges, whether or not the rider was already in Coshocoton or the other wreck was

a "freak" thing, both events will forever be associated with this ride.

Seriously, people wreck all the time...hell, every time I've been to Mid-Ohio to watch a track day there has been more wrecks than ANY Coshocton ride. I guess they were going "too fast"...It's ridiculous to think just because somebody else is going "too fast" that you have to follow...

Seriously, no people don't wreck "all the time" nor do they have to and it's called "pack mentality", "mob rule", "bandwagon affect" and many other names but it all means the same thing.... people do what they see others doing when in groups so if the "group" or the leaders are riding balls-to-the-wall then the rest of the pack will without even thinking try to keep up, its not easy to break out of that state of mind once you get there.

Ok, I'm getting tired of this shit. You have obviously chosen not to ride with this group and frankly nobody gives a fuck about your banter or the fact that you could've come but didnt. It's not the group that has the problem, its you. You have obviously stated that you don't have the maturity or self control to ride on a ride like this so maybe its better that you not show up to one of these rides. It'll be better for everyone else involved since they won't have to deal with your ass when you inevitably wreck. No one gives a fuck, now shut up and get back in your corner.

Adam and the Coshocton group are good guys and there's no need to talk shit about them for things completely out of their control.

How can "I" be the problem when "I" wasn't even on the ride, thats just a damn silly statement and to say that "I" don't have the maturity to go on a ride like this is the exact opposite of the truth, I proved that I have the foresight and maturity to know that this was not for me therefore I did not attend. And to say the "group" is not responsible for things "completely out of their control" is not exactly a true statement either, the group is responsible for "controlling" things, ie. the pace and danger level of a ride. Responsible riding does not include cresting blind hills and curves @ 100mph.

GaaaWd! You peoples are bitching like little school girls. Look, we have all crashed a bike, IT HAPPENS.... if you have not crashed a bike, well Im sorry to break it to ya, but its gonna happen.

Why do so many people think you have to crash your bike if you want to call yourself a "rider"?

Anyway, as I said earlier, it was my opinion, these are my thoughts on the subject, I'm not gonna post in this thread anymore, I've said what I wanted to so you can continue to bash me if thats the level you want to stoop to, I guess thats what I can expect for being a responsible rider. - SWing'R out

Edited by SWing'R

Apples to Oranges' date=' whether or not the rider was already in Coshocoton or the other wreck was

a "freak" thing, [b']both events will forever be associated with this ride.

ok so lets go back through all of the posts of wrecks and never ride with any of the people on those rides or on any of those roads.

Seriously' date=' no people don't wreck "all the time" nor do they have to and it's called "pack mentality", "mob rule", "bandwagon affect" and many other names but it all means the same thing.... [b']people do what they see others doing when in groups so if the "group" or the leaders are riding balls-to-the-wall then the rest of the pack will without even thinking try to keep up, its not easy to break out of that state of mind once you get there.

so if i blow by you on the highway at 150mph then is that going to mean you have to go that fast?

these rides are not one group following one leader. they are one big group that is broken down and divided into separate riding levels and each smaller group has a leader riding at a pace suited for that group. if there is a group of 30 people and we have to break it down into 15 smaller groups then we do.

I wasn't going to do this but after encourgement from a dear friend (cough, ninjanick, cough) I'm jumping into this special olympic event head first.

First, SwingR, I was slightly joking when I told Cheech in his thread that someone should have sent him home when he rode up on his katana. Rides in coshocton aren't gingerly strolls on one's scooter, I don't care what CC it is, you would have been left behind. Whoops, my bad you ride a real motocycle now, none the less. You saved yourself from being humilated (however childish it may be) and getting lost in the middle of coshocton. The truth is a cold hearted bitch and the truth of the matter is, you didn't belong on that ride in the first place.

Now for the fact of the matter, Adam clearly stated this in his orginal post for the ride (poor kid's parents never invested in hooked on phonics so excuse the broken english)

plan on a fast pace, but i make sure to keep everyone together and give all ppl a good heads up about corners and gravel areas

That right there is a clear statement of the kind of ride it was going to be, if you weren't ready for that you should have stayed home, so anyone bitching about it being too fast of a ride well, fuck off.

I know most of you coshocton guys want to try and save face here by saying all is welcome but really Coshocton isn't for everyone. Its very technical and hazardous. Sure one could learn a great deal by riding with better people but, a place like coshocton is not the place to learn. Am I going to preach about going to the track no, but before riding in place like coshocton you need to be fimilar with all aspects of riding, from fast and cautious to emergency tactics. And you don't do this sort of thing in a large group ride or on unfimilar roads.

Parks, Ron, Ross and the gang aside from this 1000rrRider guy, (don't know you, you seem like a turd already) are great guys and they know their roads better than most know thier daily commute. I suggest when going out to ride with them, expect it to be quick in terms of pace, be ready for a great time and just have your shit together.

Before you say I don't know what I'm talking about, look at mclovin, this kid shreds. On fukkin R6S at that. Took him under my wing about two and a half seasons ago, when he was still dumping his bike in the parking lot. Look at 'im now. Brings a tear to my eye.

Cue the soft music :violin:and fade to black. El Fine

Edited by nochknstrps