Coshocton R6 crash 07-26-09

knicks360

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ease you way into it Mr. A. You dont have enough experience to try chasing these guys on roads you've never ridden.

:plus1: Hearing about the crashes from today, I will have to wait til next season to try these devil roads. Maybe when I get my upgrade to the 600. I will follow you parks.

+1 on that

+2 on that

I was cooking through the corners...right behind the first group. I kept checking my mirrors for Eric ...especially after I took a few corners that I knew were trouble for anyone at speed. All of a sudden...there's no traffic. No bikes...no nothing behind me. I had just went around that car/whatever...and all I kept thinking was...uh oh. You know that feeling when you know 'something' is wrong...but you don't know what it is yet?

So I'm sitting in the road..slowing down ..PRAYING for Eric or ANY bike to come behind me. Nothing. I look ahead and the insanely fast group has left me. I turn the bike around and ride up back..and I'm like Ohhhh fuck. Someone went down. Luckily everyone was on 2 feet..except a certain someone....but we fixed that with a power bar. LOL

lolol at that power bar... heat+ empty stomach = death!

Thanks, you too.

It's hard work throwing the RC around.

I like the sound of that V4.

:wtf: I have a 1000cc V-twin. Same as you, just at 60* instead of 90*. All of the RSVs are V-twin except the new 2010 RSV4. Technically, our bikes were arch-rivals in World Superbike racing. And yes, I feel your pain, the Ape took a lot of effort to transition left to right. Lots of pullin and tuggin. Oh well, it was fun and we got a workout! lol

Thanks for getting my back, though Jason the only time I was really in front of Justin was when i parked in front of him.

There I fixed it for you.

ease you way into it Mr. A. You dont have enough experience to try chasing these guys on roads you've never ridden.

The first time I rode twisties was with the Coshocton boys, and I did it on bald tires. I'm pretty sure that was the first Coshocton run of the year, so I hadn't been riding that long, just a month before winter, then whatever I got in before the ride; basically not much experience. But +1 for keep your own pace, they always wait for you at the stop signs.

Edited by EvilTwin

+1 on that was riding behind him you for alittle bit and loved when he would flash em so i knew to gear down on a corner :D

And my buddy with the 600rr wanted to make sure I give you a big thanks giving him some pointers REALLY REALLY says alot about a person that will take his time to give someone pointers he never met before for his safety and the safety of others !!!!!

i try to keep the persons pace that im leading. im a constent mirror checker. i point out stuff and im a flash (brake light) when i know a difficult or gotcha corner or section is coming up. so if u come down on one of these rides just follow me

:plus1: Hearing about the crashes from today, I will have to wait til next season to try these devil roads. Maybe when I get my upgrade to the 600. I will follow you parks.

The roads out there aren't as bad as some people make them out to be. The Coshocton guys do I good job pointing out any gravel in the road, turns you should really slow down on, cars or stop signs.

I'd ride with these guys anytime.

There has been alot of crashes out there this year.

really not sure where you heard that :wtf:

i hate 658 with a passion...i hate it so much that i happened to "find" a 658 sign somewhere to hang on the garage wall with one of my wrecked fairings

Not busting on you guys ross, honest. Not saying its your fault either, but there have been several crashes out that way that were announced on here (at least 1 fatal this year). maybe not this year, per se, but look at last year and I can name several forum regulars who wadded their shit up out there. Cheech being the first one (from this site) this year doesnt make it any less taxing on the software (bodies) or hardware (bikes).

I just saying that chasing much faster and more experienced riders might not be a good environment for newbs to learn in. Ride at your own pace and learn how to ride fast slowly.

1 or 2 in 30 bikes going down is a horrible average. 0 in 30 is a good average.

I'm never riding coshocton. Someome wads their shit up on every ride. WTF?

you dont know what your missin

I'm gonna take him on some of the milder ones one saturday we'll break him in right and make him the next Rossi , or J rock page either way its all good

We're adults here and we preach ride your own pace, ride your own ride. We wait. Everyone has different skill levels and that's not a problem.

I dunno why some people are all up in arms about riding with a group. It be different if someone wadded up someone elses bike (taking them out), but that's not the case. I'd rather be in a group with people looking for me if I go down, than being the isolated incident, alone, that's not found for days.

Not trying to start shit here peeps, just stating the obvious. The mixture of experienced riders wanting to ride their pace and inexperienced trying to keep up is where the problems always arise. You can wait at stops and turns (and you should) but a guys ego can make him ride above his experience level trying to keep up.

Im not "up in arms" about it Jrm, just trying to make new riders understand that group riding has a whole set of parameters to consider that you wouldnt have to worry about if riding in a small group of people with the same experience level.

I guess I can't speak for others, but hurting my ego not being able to keep up with guys faster than me is less expensive than a new bike, leathers, and femur.

Not only that, but now you're still 'the slow guy' laying up in the hospital with a wrecked bike

Cheech being the first one (from this site) this year doesnt make it any less taxing on the software (bodies) or hardware (bikes).

1 or 2 in 30 bikes going down is a horrible average. 0 in 30 is a good average.

Cheech went down on 79, before we even met up with the big group in Coshocton. But mistakes by Cheech and us led to what happened.

I agree 0-30 going down is so much better than 1-2.

Not trying to start shit here peeps, just stating the obvious. The mixture of experienced riders wanting to ride their pace and inexperienced trying to keep up is where the problems always arise. You can wait at stops and turns (and you should) but a guys ego can make him ride above his experience level trying to keep up.

Im not "up in arms" about it Jrm, just trying to make new riders understand that group riding has a whole set of parameters to consider that you wouldnt have to worry about if riding in a small group of people with the same experience level.

Riding in a larger group with mixed experience is a lot better than a smaller group. The split of 3 groups, (fast, medium, and slow) is good because people can ride at their own comfort level without feeling left behind or having to ride above their level.

I guess I can't speak for others, but hurting my ego not being able to keep up with guys faster than me is less expensive than a new bike, leathers, and femur.

Not only that, but now you're still 'the slow guy' laying up in the hospital with a wrecked bike

Agreed

Im afirm beliver in riding in a group and that riding with people better than you will make you a better rider

I agree. I've vastly improved my skill by riding with NinjaNick and the Cockocton boys.

Seriously though, all jokes aside, riding with a group is the best way to ride

riding in a small group of people with the same experience level.

Riding with slow riders keeps you slow. Just look at cruiser owners. :D

But seriously, I like comparing my pace to others. I started out in the rear of the group but it was a little slow for my liking. I found my way to the middle of the group and liked the pace there, mostly at the front of the second pack. When we got going again, I found myself near the front with others gaining on me and determined that the front runners were way above my skill level so I dropped back again.

It's all personal choice and you have to have clear enough decision making skills to know when you're going beyond your comfort zone. I waved more than a few riders past me when I got the chance to and it didn't hurt my ego at all. They are just plain more experienced, and if it kept trying at that level things were gonna go bad.

Overall, I feel as though I went faster, I raised my comfort level with leaning the bike over, and I was challenged in ways I never have been while riding a bike.

Also , I'd just like to say sorry for anyone I may have cut off or gotten near as the pack pulled out from stopping points, things were quite crazy every time we pulled away again. I promise I have no vendetta against you, lol.

Ridding with the fast guys this weekend def helped me develop my skills further. This was the first trip where I really got off the bike to go into turns, didn't do it every time, but I only got to that point by watching other guys do it. So thanks to everyone faster than we for letting me learn from you; and screw you Justin and your SV1000, I won't let you pass me again on the straights ;)

Ridding with the fast guys this weekend def helped me develop my skills further. This was the first trip where I really got off the bike to go into turns, didn't do it every time, but I only got to that point by watching other guys do it. So thanks to everyone faster than we for letting me learn from you; and screw you Justin and your SV1000, I won't let you pass me again on the straights ;)

you let a twin pass you on a straight? :nono: