I got threw up on: FML

NightRider

That blows (chunks).

One time I took my son (about 2.5yo) to my old company where I used to be IT manager. I was laid off but they sometimes called me back in for little things. I was good buddies with the founder of the company so I did these little fixes here and there for free. An hour one month, a couple hours next month kind of thing.

This time I was diagnosing a bank of phones that went bad. I was standing in the wiring room telling them they needed a new DLI card. I had my son on my hip...

Then he puked. Projectile. I mean massively projectile, like the Iranians could only dream of emulating that kind of weapons delivery range. He was possessed. I mean like the bitch from Exorcist would take one look at this and say; "I 'm f*cking outta here, that kid's crazy." All over the patch panel. The wires, switches, F5s, both t1 routers, cisco gear, rackmount UPS... the lot - all soaked in puke. I tried to clean it up but he was still being sick so I have to take him to the bathroom to finish puking. When I got back they had closed the door to the wiring room and they told me that they "have it covered from here, thanks for the help". Never asked me back. Ever.

That blows (chunks).

One time I took my son (about 2.5yo) to my old company where I used to be IT manager. I was laid off but they sometimes called me back in for little things. I was good buddies with the founder of the company so I did these little fixes here and there for free. An hour one month, a couple hours next month kind of thing.

This time I was diagnosing a bank of phones that went bad. I was standing in the wiring room telling them they needed a new DLI card. I had my son on my hip...

Then he puked. Projectile. I mean massively projectile, like the Iranians could only dream of emulating that kind of weapons delivery range. He was possessed. I mean like the bitch from Exorcist would take one look at this and say; "I 'm f*cking outta here, that kid's crazy." All over the patch panel. The wires, switches, F5s, both t1 routers, cisco gear, rackmount UPS... the lot - all soaked in puke. I tried to clean it up but he was still being sick so I have to take him to the bathroom to finish puking. When I got back they had closed the door to the wiring room and they told me that they "have it covered from here, thanks for the help". Never asked me back. Ever.

Wow. Wtf were you doing working for free for a company that laid you off? You should thank your son every day for getting you out of that situation.

Wow. Wtf were you doing working for free for a company that laid you off? You should thank your son every day for getting you out of that situation.

CEO/founder was a buddy out of work not just in work. Good contacts, good networking. Have gotten a couple jobs from the contacts made there, and a network of references for other jobs. Many times I've heard; "We interviewed a few people we liked, but John Smith is our director and he spoke very highly of you..."