Another accident where "the motorcycle struck the car"

progrmr

Sorry, I wasn't trying to place blame anywhere or on anyone as I was not there to witness the accident. I was just stating the few facts we have to work with. I would however like to see the mathmatical equation used to show how a person can broadside a car at 90mph, crash thru the driver's window, and end up in fair condition.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I wasn't trying to place blame anywhere or on anyone as I was not there to witness the accident. I was just stating the few facts we have to work with. I would however like to see the mathmatical equation used to show how a person can broadside a car at 90mph, crash thru the driver's window, and end up in fair condition.

does seem kind of hard to do, mathematically speaking, of course. :rolleyes:

does seem kind of hard to do, mathematically speaking, of course. :rolleyes:

That's all I'm saying, I'm sure there are a few variables missing that would tell the full story. It's just funny how the media always makes it sound like the motorcyclist struck the vehicle with no other choice. We (motorcyclists) always seem to be getting the bad rep no matter what happens at an accident.

I'm gonna' disagree.. they don't put stop signs at intersections were the cross traffic is doing speeds high enough to flip sedans. I'd like to see the intersection where this occurred. Another instance of a rider going way too fast inside city limits and possibly taking the life of somebody else.

Besides.. you can't call out the 17 year old driver for not paying attention when the rider was only 20.

who the hell do u think you are to not call out the driver.:mad: u weren't there and dopn't know how fast he was going. he probably didn't have a chance to put it down on its side. i mean a direct impact on the driver side says she just didn't look and he assumed she was. plain and simple another young person in this world who thought they know everything and just doesnt care to be careful. i would file a lawsuit so she will never drive irresponsible again or for just a little while. lets start a poll on who thinks she should get her liscense suspended.

I only got halfway through page 4, has anyone guessed that possibly the rider's helmet hit the driver in the head and knocked her the fuck out, at which point the car went out of control and flipped?

Hey newb.. piss off.

You're right' date=' I wasn't there and neither were you. Why do you get to blame the driver if you didn't see the accident?[/quote']

why do you get to blame the rider smart ass? yur bike slower than what he was riding? we can all assume that locking up brakes on a car is different than a bikes so if he had to stop all of a sudden then maybe he wasn't planing on her to just shoot out across his road. we both weren't there so to start a thread like this is just gonna cause a debate and i guess people feel like there toes are being stepped on so personal opinion should just get thrown out the window. plus how do i get one of those cool titles like pro or veteran or your dad. i got your newb right here.:D

yur bike slower than what he was riding?

Can somebody tell me what the fuck this has to do with the conversation at hand? Even though it has no validity since it was said by someone who rides a Gixxer 600, but still I'm curious.

Can somebody tell me what the fuck this has to do with the conversation at hand? Even though it has no validity since it was said by someone who rides a Gixxer 600, but still I'm curious.

:Dsticking your nose in something i guess is what it has to do with it

I think if the vehicle that was struck ends up on its side the police can safely assume that an accelerated pace was involved.

that is true, but it still does not change the fact that the car failed to yield right of way to the motorcycle.

sounds like its both of their fault....for her to get t-boned, she would have of had to pull out last minute...as in, even if he was doing 65, she would have unsafely pulled out in front of him... she should have realized he was too close to pull out, regardless of his speed

at the same time....its his fault also for going that fast through an intersection...had he been doing the speed limit perhaps he could have slowed down to avoid hitting her, and maybe she would of had enough time to react instead of just getting t-boned and she could have swirved away

people always say "bikes always get the bad wrap"...you get mad that people always blame the bike, then you go around and always blame the car....its the same game on both sides

There's different dynamics in that video... namely the higher CG of the SUV as compared to the Sunfire.... and the weight of the bike as Sam pointed out.

I also assumed the Sunfire was at a complete stop and T-boned at a completely perpendicular to the driver door.

There's different dynamics in that video... namely the higher CG of the SUV as compared to the Sunfire.... and the weight of the bike as Sam pointed out.

I also assumed the Sunfire was at a complete stop and T-boned at a completely perpendicular to the driver door.

... she was moving from what I gather, from the article

"The patrol reported Cushing was southbound on Brocklesby Road and stopped for a stop sign. She then proceeded and the westbound motorcycle hit the driver's side door."

dude that chick had a pontiac, which means she was driving excitement!

I'm not saying she was going anything like that saturn vue, which is more top heavy and prone to roll overs, I just meant if she's in motion and her car is turning a certain direction (assuming she didn't proceed straight through the stop sign, which it doesn't say in the article) I think it would be plausible to flip the vehicle without doing triple digies...

Anyways, this would make one helluva myth busters episode.

The impact threw Purvis from the motorcycle and into the driver's side window.

Purvis was wearing a helmet

Purvis, who was taken there in fair condition, was held for observation.

The interesting thing is that wearing gear saved a life.

The cage driver was hurt worse than the rider. How often does that happen?

If no helmet, this would be "Another Squid RIP" thread not a mathematics exercise.

It may not take as much energy to roll the car as you think. I've seen an accident where a small car barely impacted a large delivery van in an intersection in town. Niether one was going fast the when the van driver saw the car coming, he jerked the steering wheel toward the oncoming car and gave it a bit of gas trying to move out of the way.... what happened was the impact side suspension was elongated and the opposite side was bottomed out during the impact...... the van rolled right over on its top amazingly easy!

It may not take as much energy to roll the car as you think. I've seen an accident where a small car barely impacted a large delivery van in an intersection in town. Niether one was going fast the when the van driver saw the car coming, he jerked the steering wheel toward the oncoming car and gave it a bit of gas trying to move out of the way.... what happened was the impact side suspension was elongated and the opposite side was bottomed out during the impact...... the van rolled right over on its top amazingly easy!

funny i tried to say that earlier, that the driver may have jerked the steering wheel before, during, or after the impact causing a change that, coupled with the impact could have flipped the car.

funny i tried to say that earlier, that the driver may have jerked the steering wheel before, during, or after the impact causing a change that, coupled with the impact could have flipped the car.

That was an unstated assumption when I said the driver got knocked the fuck out when the biker crashed through the window, and subsequently lost control of the car and it flipped.