It's official - Deal's Gap area sucks

Earache

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pic from this week's www.Killboy.com updates....

killboy.jpg

Illustrates my point about shitty riders on cruisers perfectly. Who in the Hell crashes on an open right hand turn down there???

Takes some real fuckin' talent!

from the looks of it i think his baseball card fell off of his bicycle tire, he probably tried to catch it as it came off and lost his balance.

The roads are absolutely choked with HD's going 15 mph. How they manage to have so many crashes at that speed is beyond me. And that's what it attracting the cops..

It's like my riding coach told my class....."bikes are lazy, if you don't have enough speed it's gonna lay down on ya, especially in a turn and especially a Harley"

Thanks Gawd I just got back from there before it was officially declared un-cool. I rode it Wednesday 8/5 mid-day -- no cops, just a few slow harleys. There's some sweet photos of me on my SV (blue w/ soft saddle bags) on zeefoto.com. For my first time there, I think I did pretty good. But I can see what everyone is complaining about.

Cherohala Skyway is cool because it's very scenic and all, but certainly not a challenging road.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=0HH6014R040089&po=89 (pics 90-95)

-Dave

Welll that just sucks doesnt it. I was planning a trip there next month. Might have to rethink it.

It's only the Gap itself that blows - lots of other good places to ride there. You should still go if you've never been.

Dont really care for the Dragon in comparison to all the other roads down there. Doesn't matter what time you hit it, you always get stuck behind some hardly or a cage. The dragon is nothing but hairpins whereas the other roads are a mix of everything.

Hey Ear, were you down there this last April?

Thanks Gawd I just got back from there before it was officially declared un-cool. I rode it Wednesday 8/5 mid-day -- no cops, just a few slow harleys. There's some sweet photos of me on my SV (blue w/ soft saddle bags) on zeefoto.com. For my first time there, I think I did pretty good. But I can see what everyone is complaining about.

Cherohala Skyway is cool because it's very scenic and all, but certainly not a challenging road.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=0HH6014R040089&po=89 (pics 90-95)

-Dave

Sweet pics. it looks like your rear tire is about to eat your saddlebag if you lean over any further though...

And if we're nitpicking, don't corner hard on the arches of your feet

Just messin, sweet pic dude :p

Hey man give us that can't drag a knee a break. At least we can get some toe sliding in. :eek:

Dave did you run your truck and camper through there? I've been looking but haven't seen any pics.

Earache, do you have anything going on this weekend???

Yup - heading to North Carolina to ride. Will be skipping the Gap this time though.

Why do you ask? Need something done to your bike?

No I am good, I just wanted you to say that you were going to the gap again this weekend.

I hope I don't have to go anywhere near it this or any other weekend:D

Will most likely be riding south of the Franklin, NC area.

i was there on thursday 8/13/09. terriable. It was around 6 pm. I wasn't riding. I was in my pickup truck.Decided to drive it just to see what I was planning on getting myself into at the end of the month. Heres my pics.. but on with my rant.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=0HH60158000800&po=800

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=0HH60158000799&po=799

The sport bike guys were great for the most part aside from one zx10 rider. I had a vfr get behind me, and he was patient. he allowed me to continue my 30-35 mph pace untill i found a pull off. I pulled over and he honked and waved and was gone. I fallowed two harley riders through. A guy and a lady. the lady lead. She tore it up. never crossed the line, was confident. The guy on the other hand, was crossing the line left and right , could never get his gear right, just made a shitload of noise the entire time, and almost dumped it a few times. we hit the end and pulled into the restaurant, to get nothing but dirty looks from all the HD guys. Had an all around bad vibe. I had planned to eat dinner there, and decided to not even stop and eat. I went to pull out of the parking lot and a green zx10 with a huge walkie talkie strapped to his head came flying around the corner doing every bit of 75 or 70, and almost hit me. he revved it up, dumped the clutch and turned into the resturant. I proceeded back heading north on the dragon and a slew of HD riders got up on me, and were extremely impatient wearing only half helmets. I got passed going into a blind corner by a guy on a red harley, and he barley got slowed down for the next corner.. ( I didn't know harleys could down shift that fast) I proceded on and ran into the same bad attitude from the HD guys the entire drive. This was a thursday evening around 6pm. I cant imagine what its like on a saturday afternoon around 2 oclock. I bet its a pure nightmare. I wont return on my motorcycle anytime soon. If anyone wants to go ride the surrounding area.. let me know. end rant... -Brandt