It's official - Deal's Gap area sucks

Earache

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice strip bars as well.....or so I've been told.

...lets do this lol...wait, do they allow black folks in these establishments? hah

oh yeah, Virginia has some great roads too...some that I would say are better than majority of the roads I rode in the Gap area, not sure about their strip clubs tho. :D

I'm riding WV all I can now, when that old fuck RC Byrd finally croaks can you say bye bye funding? The roads will probably turn to dirt again :(

I'm waiting! :p Dam Federal improvement funds are screwing with my dual sport riding. :mad: Can't we leave a couple roads unpaved?

I don't understand why a HD person cares about riding a twisty road such as the gap? :dunno:

I mean, my car is a Malibu and I don't drive it at the drag strip.

I have a cruiser and i still like hitting some nice twisty roads. I would like to hit the gap at least once just to see what its like.

Sorry if all of us damn cruisers ruined your road.

Great. Now the noobs are giving me riding tips.

We were there on a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Cops all over on each day. Did a early evening ride through at around 7:00 PM on our way back from GA Friday and a bike cop was still on the Gap. They're getting wise to the early morning and early evening thing as well.

Noobs? New to this list maybe. You only wish you could ride with us. Appears to be just another bunch of snot nosed Squids talking like they have a clue. What the heck. It's just like all the rest of these lists talking about the GAP. As posted earlier. There are sooo many more roads to ride for us who Know. Go Play with all the rest of your squids at the Gap.

I have a cruiser and i still like hitting some nice twisty roads. I would like to hit the gap at least once just to see what its like.

Sorry if all of us damn cruisers ruined your road.

Don't get too sensitive about generalizations. I'm sure we have all riden with guys on cruisers who drive them like they stole them. :eek: For me it's my friend in North Lewisburg who runs his Intruder 1400 like a raped date thru the twisties even.

The annoying part is getting behind someone on any bike or scooter who is unexperienced, making bad decisions, and slower than molasas in January. In my experience it's usualy a guy wearing a wife beater and cut off jeans with no protection beyond his sun glasses who now owns the road. :rolleyes:

If this is you, now you know how others feel and that we simply wanna get past you and enjoy the ride at our own speed so you can enjoy it at yours. ;) Well, that and don't drink and drive. :lol:

Don't get too sensitive about generalizations. I'm sure we have all riden with guys on cruisers who drive them like they stole them. :eek: For me it's my friend in North Lewisburg who runs his Intruder 1400 like a raped date thru the twisties even.

The annoying part is getting behind someone on any bike or scooter who is unexperienced, making bad decisions, and slower than molasas in January. In my experience it's usualy a guy wearing a wife beater and cut off jeans with no protection beyond his sun glasses who now owns the road. :rolleyes:

If this is you, now you know how others feel and that we simply wanna get past you and enjoy the ride at our own speed so you can enjoy it at yours. ;) Well, that and don't drink and drive. :lol:

But drinking and driving and not wearing a helmet make me feel like a man cause i wanna feel good and look good right up until i go down.:cool:

Dude' date=' it's a good time. Yeah, there are lots of Harleys, but there are also lots of sportbikes. Sometimes they're just as slow and 'lane hoggy' as the big cruisers. Do 129 either really early or just before dark and then ride any other road down there. They're all awesome roads... don't you live in Cleveland or something?[/quote']

Cincy.

and yeah, I've heard the other roads around the gap are awesome. one day... one day...

Cincy.

and yeah, I've heard the other roads around the gap are awesome. one day... one day...

Just to prove it's not always an HD or Squid shit fest ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27XtkD5OgUY

And there are other roads. Some arn't even near the Dragon.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQEqoMUfa1s

Some arn't even real roads! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmOCv1eUAUs

Cincy.

FYI Dave, if you ever go onto the FZ6 forum they often plan trips to the Gap. I've never been either. To me the Gap seems like one of those things that so many people talk about that if you don't go, you've missed out. Good or bad, we live and learn through our experiences.

We went last year, middle of the week. Trailered the bikes from Gatlinburg. Not too much traffic. Only one LEO at the end of the twisties. More chrome at the store, more fairings on the road. And, yes, I took it slow. Was on my 250 and scared shitless but wanted to do it for me. Honestly, driving the F150 with the trailer was harder than on the bike. Stayed aware of those around me and pulled over on bike and in truck to let others pass. Overall a good ride. Wanted to go back next year, but now I dunno if they're selling beer to these ppl. They should make them trade their keys for a beer.

Noobs? New to this list maybe. You only wish you could ride with us. Appears to be just another bunch of snot nosed Squids talking like they have a clue. What the heck. It's just like all the rest of these lists talking about the GAP. As posted earlier. There are sooo many more roads to ride for us who Know. Go Play with all the rest of your squids at the Gap.

Really?!? :wtf: All of 3 whole posts, and you're gonna come on here talkin' shit to one of the most traveled riders on here?!? :nono:

Newsflash Jackass..... Eric just got back from riding around Europe. Yeah.... I said RIDING & EUROPE. He goes to the Gap & Pacific like you & I go to the toilet. He also just got back from a recon trip out west, for the trip he's leading on here next month..... Just so he could show everyone going some even better roads than the ones he already knows.

wow, bad move, get to know who the hell you are talking to before saying something this stupid, let the battle and neg rep begin.:popcorn:

+1

Don't come on here with all of 3 posts & start running your mouth like you know all of us...... 'Cause you obviously don't, & it's just getting you off to a bad start. Maybe you should go back to your other 6 boards you keep braggin' about. You see...... Our board's a little different. We all actually meet in the "real world" & ride together..... We're not just keyboard kowboys

Belonging to that many boards...... I don't know how you have time to supposedly ride anyways :rolleyes:

You'll have to show me someday then and I'll try to keep up with you guys.

Sorry I'm being so squidly.

Edited by Earache