Another one down

JayW

RIP....

today morning way to work a senior citizen cut me off without any signal......did not honk or anything just pulled next to him in the other lane to catch his attention...I was in 2nd and thought he will at least hear me...sorry I was wrong.......:rolleyes:

ummm, I don't think I've ever posted it, but last year I watched an old guy get on the freeway and slow motion drift over two lanes. Right across my front wheel, about 2 or 3 foot clearance. He never looked, and never saw me, and never looked at me in the rear view mirror after.

Of course, the current standard by idiots everywhere in rush hour, is to hit the gas and jerk the vehicle over two or three lanes without looking too well. I expect them to do that, by judging the velocity and intent of their vehicle, and get out of the way just before it happens. And yeah, I had at least one of those this year.

because some pussy ass kids mom would say it was to gory and her kid would have night mares. :rulez: you forget america is about raising a bunch of non-confrontational wimps that need to be spoon feed and never need to take responsibility for themselves.

:plus1: THOUSAND!!!!

'nuf said.

*SIGH* I have been SO embarrassed and ashamed of women drivers lately. What's going ON?? Too much carelessness and too many distractions. Knowing good and damn well that most of our households would implode if Mommy/Wifey/Girlfriend didn't come home due to a dumb accident.

When are we going to stop putting on mascara during rush hour?? Just get tinted windows! That way no one will see you until you can get to the bathroom at work.

Regardless of male or female, please remember that at times, half of the drivers are medicated or intoxicated, and the other half are blind/poor vision. We can get stats to prove it...

Mon, Aug 17, 2009. 09:42 AM hiotis.jpgmail.gifEmail Story

printer2.gifPrint Story

boards_mini.gifPost Replies

By: George Hiotis Zanesville Police released more information about a weekend fatal accident on Linden Avenue.

Captain Mike Baker says 20-year-old Darrin Leopold of Zanesville was killed in a motorcycle/car accident that happened early Sunday morning just before 1:00 am.

Baker says 19-year-old Christina Mchenry, of Oak Grove, Kentucky was driving south on Linden and Leopold was riding his cycle behind her. Witnesses tell police it was at a high rate of speed.

Baker says Mchenry was attempting to turn left into a parking lot near Forest Avenue and Leopold tried to pass on the left and slammed into the vehicle.

He was not wearing a helmet and died as a result of injuries. Witnesses say a police officer – in the Barn parking lot -- witnessed Leopold racing down Linden and started to pursue him, but the crash happened shortly after the pursuit began.

Uh-oh, RVT opened up the can of worms! Honestly, I have had an equal number of close calls with males and females. I haven't had a huge number, hence being able to recall them all. The closest call came when some genius guy decided to pass me on the right as I was making a right turn. I was inches from the back of his bumper as he flew past me. I wouldn't have even seen that hit coming if he would have been going a tad slower. Scary, scary, scary!

Oh ya...I was on the back of your bike that day! That was crazy!

I get cut off..about run in to..pulled out on..passed just to have the person hit the brakes and turn..and that's in the big truck...If they can't see or have no regard for a big white tractor trailer..how can they be trusted to pay attention so something as small as a bike..I try to ride in an open space..you can speed up or slow down..just away from the crazy cagers.Everyone should have to spend a week in a big truck and on a bike before they get their license...jmho

RIP Rider

I was just talking with a buddy from Cambridge. I guess he knew the guy and was friends with him. Was mentioning how he hoped I was being safe on my bike.

There's still no excuse for not wearing a helmet even in a case like this where he probably would have died anyways. I was told Leopould was ejected from the bike and went through the wall of a house.

RIP rider.

So he was riding at 3x the speed limit in the city, illegally passing, and sounds like he was running from da man; all while wearing no gear.

What a tragedy.

Yes, yes, no, and yes. He was racing another biker and they went to split a car. He didn't see her turn signal. The cop just happened to see the race and was about to pursue.

I get cut off..about run in to..pulled out on..passed just to have the person hit the brakes and turn..and that's in the big truck...If they can't see or have no regard for a big white tractor trailer..how can they be trusted to pay attention so something as small as a bike..I try to ride in an open space..you can speed up or slow down..just away from the crazy cagers.Everyone should have to spend a week in a big truck and on a bike before they get their license...jmho

RIP Rider

:plus1: