Motorcycle Visibility

Casper

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hate to say it but Ive been run off the road twice and have seriously been thinking about that bright a** green gear like the road crews wear

Any color is better than black. So many people wear black! I like flourescents and I wear a bright yellow windbreaker over my tech jacket when I'm gonna be on the highway for awhile. My wife followed me in the car to and from Cleveland once and I had the windbreaker on most of the way and she said it made a huge difference in seeing me.

Another easy thing is a "white" helmet. White helmets stand out much better than any other color, except maybe the new flourescent ones :p (yes they have dayglo helmets now).

I've also been considering a headlight and tailight modulator.

PS. The windbreaker is from "Performance Bicycle", its yellow flouresent and has reflective striping in it too.

Its designed to be worn when bicycle riding. I find it works great to cut the wind off me on cool days.

Edited by SWing'R

I like the Reflective ones too.

arrow_l.gif reflective.jpgarrow_r.gif

Reflective

These reflective patches use the same background as is used in ANSI certified safety apparel.

This patch is great to improve the visibility of those wearing patches during night time or poor weather conditions.

Please note that the embroidery must be less than 100% so that the reflective material will show. Add 50%

i have that jacket i think she is wearing. tourmaster epic in dayglo yellow.

tourmaster-epic-jacket.jpg

its my cold/rain jacket. i had a black waterproof, but i just can not see any sense in wearing black rain gear... unless im TRYING to get run over.

not sure how much it helps though. i mean it helps you stand out at the least... but you gotta think. people still pull out in front of fire trucks. gigantic red trucks with loud ass sirens and a thousand flashing lights. if they arent gonna see a fire truck, they are not gonna see shit.

hate to say it but Ive been run off the road twice and have seriously been thinking about that bright a** green gear like the road crews wear

I wear one of the bright day glo green/yellow ones from FirstGear. It is mesh with a nice removable liner. There is no doubt it helps, I jump out blocks away. I have had many cagers mention it to me.

I wear one of the bright day glo green/yellow ones from FirstGear. It is mesh with a nice removable liner. There is no doubt it helps, I jump out blocks away. I have had many cagers mention it to me.

I was looking at those. Man I'd feel goofier than hell wearing that thing, but I bet I wouldn't get hit.

People laugh all the time at my BRIGHT PINK leather riding jacket but I feel like it makes me more visible. When I wear my track gear that is darker in color I always have more cars pulling out in front of me, etc.

Yep. I think if (when) I ever get a new tech jacket I may get the dayglo yellow. Mine matches my bike now (blue/white) but I guess yellow would look okay on blue. I dunno, gotta see what it looks like on me :rolleyes:

I was looking at those. Man I'd feel goofier than hell wearing that thing, but I bet I wouldn't get hit.

You shouldn't feel goofy. Have confidence in your manhood!! No other bikers give me crap about it. They know I am right, and so do I. :D