Police busting enduro riders

buildit

I heard that it's an old unwritten Ohio law, but if you challenge a cop to a motorcycle joust, and win you get out of any infractions and earn a golden fiddle.

If you lose, he gets your bike and your soul.

Or, wait... maybe I'm confusing two things?

Now that's some funny stuff right there. Rep to you.

Fitting, since a lot of cops are fiddle players, too (read: motorcyclists).

Look at it like this, Luke. If you were riding around town in your Altima with no headlights, no rear lighting, and no license plate, would you expect to be stopped? Would you expect a ticket?

The law is the law. Take it from me, someone who regularly tests the limits of the law - if you know what is right and you opt out of that, expect to take your lumps and don't be salty if you do.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you know all my bikes are plated. So I'm okay, but as this is being discussed on three seperate forums some interesting perspectives have come up. Almost everyone here has taken the it's the law, deal with it attitude. Other forums with more competition riders have a more mixed view ranging from:

1. Riders not complying with the laws and rules are only damaging our sport by making us targets to law enforcement officials.

2. We have been off the radar so long it is sad to see greedy towns decide it is in their best interest to target us now.

3. The costs of the sport is already so high that the addition of street legal requirements will make it too expensive for many to participate in the rides.

4. The only reason we're on the street is because local and state governments keep dividing up lagal riding areas so that there too small to hold our events on. So they need to make special permits for us so that we can continue to enjoy our sport.

I can not say if any of these views are 100% the right answer, but it has become clear this topic has lots of diffrent opinions depending on what side of the issue you stand.

1. Riders not complying with the laws and rules are only damaging our sport by making us targets to law enforcement officials.

2. We have been off the radar so long it is sad to see greedy towns decide it is in their best interest to target us now.

3. The costs of the sport is already so high that the addition of street legal requirements will make it too expensive for many to participate in the rides.

4. The only reason we're on the street is because local and state governments keep dividing up lagal riding areas so that there too small to hold our events on. So they need to make special permits for us so that we can continue to enjoy our sport.

I can not say if any of these views are 100% the right answer, but it has become clear this topic has lots of diffrent opinions depending on what side of the issue you stand.

1. True.

2. Enforcing the law at a time when a large number of people are breaking it may be convenient, but I wouldn't call it greedy.

3. Bullshit. Registration, Insurance, headlight and tailight can be done for under $300. Some of these guys are running around on 9 fookin thousand dollar KTM's- they can afford to play the game. If you can't pay, DON'T PLAY!

4. Yes, riding areas are diminishing. This is a fact that will not change. BUT acting foolish by breaking the law flagrantly does nothing to promote government support.

Well, you know all my bikes are plated. So I'm okay, but as this is being discussed on three seperate forums some interesting perspectives have come up. Almost everyone here has taken the it's the law, deal with it attitude. Other forums with more competition riders have a more mixed view ranging from:

They all seem to have a some basis in fact though not 100% correct.