Info Mining for profit (they got your data!)

ReconRat

Ok, so those popular FaceBook tests that people take just look like info mining to me. You know, where they collect information on population or individuals and sell it for fun and profit.

So here's an article in New York Times that says the most popular of the tests does exactly that. The test for "What's Your Real Age?". Apparently it is majority funded by pharmaceutical drug companies:

New York Times article on "Online Age Quiz: information gathering.

For fun, I took one on another website that probably isn't checking data or email.

It didn't ask for stuff like that. It appears I'm pretty damn healthy.

Ignore the theme of the website, and just take the silly test...

Virtual Age Calculator

People that fill out those surveys then publish piss me off... also, unless you specify it in privacy settings advertisers can use your images in banners...

On my phone, but Google for it, you'll find a bunch of examples of husbands and wives seeing their spouses in banners for singles.

People that fill out those surveys then publish piss me off... also, unless you specify it in privacy settings advertisers can use your images in banners...

On my phone, but Google for it, you'll find a bunch of examples of husbands and wives seeing their spouses in banners for singles.

hahaha, one of my high school teachers used to do modeling for part time job. Mostly ski gear and clothing. He walking into a store and saw a full sized cardboard cutout of himself. It was selling cigarettes, and had a cigarette in his hand and a pack...

He doesn't smoke...