my next bike

oldschoolsdime92

So I have been looking at a few different bikes. I was originally going to go naked standard, but I decided for the long trips I want to go on, I think I need full fairings. So now im looking at a triumph sprint st 955i, a left over f4i, and still the gladius. Whats your thoughts?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the st is classified as there touring bike. as for the f4i, Honda power sports in troy has a left over on the show room floor from 07. I would like a new or very low mileage bike. The gladius and the f4i, are both new. The st has 17k on it, but Ive known the owner for years and hes beyond meticulas.

the st is classified as there touring bike. as for the f4i, Honda power sports in troy has a left over on the show room floor from 07. I would like a new or very low mileage bike. The gladius and the f4i, are both new. The st has 17k on it, but Ive known the owner for years and hes beyond meticulas.

You buy that F4i for their asking price and I'll slap you. :)

I found this review on the ST, rather liked it, lol.

http://www.ianchadwick.com/motorcycles/triumph/triumph_sprint_st.html

I'd say for what you want find an ST or a VFR. Both are full fairing'd sport tourers with an emphasis on sport. The only issue I see with the Trumpie is the electrical is dodgy on the older ones. Just as the PO to tell you about any and every issue. Also, check into parts for a bike like that. See about availability and price, not just at the dealer but online too.

vfrs are alittle pricey,as is the maintence. I was reading awhile back and to have the valves checked and such it was in the 1200 dollar range. and as for the price on that f4i. Theres no way I would pay what they have marked on it. I would only purchase if it could be bought right.

The 04 and newer F4is are excellent street bikes. For STREET riding I would take one over a CBR600RR any day. I picked up an 05 F4i earlier this year and am really liking it.

In 04, after the RR was released, they relaxed the ergos on the F4i (almost Interceptor-like) & retained the fully adjustable suspension. It makes for great handling and decent comfort for a 400+ mile day.

I'd stay away with anything with the 955 engine. I've met people that had 30,000 miles on them without issue, and then I've met some that were less fortunate. The 1050 engine has a much better record with reliability. A 1050 Sprint ST, or I would consider an FZ1. You can pick them up cheap new or used, they handle well, and have a reasonable amount of power.

Really? 1200 for a clearance check on the VFR? isn't it just shim under bucket?

Considering Ive seen pics of VFR750s with over 100k miles on the clock, I'd say the engine is reliable...

Seems like I've seen it quoted lower than that. Something like $600-$700. Still pricey though. I've also heard that people ignore that if the bike is running right and they have no issues. Sign up on VFRWorld and look through their used bike listings. Tons of good bikes.

I bought an '03 very reasonably w/14k on the clock and am having no issues.

Good luck.

did an insurance quote on the fz1. 312 a month. im good on that shit.

Jesus! Full coverage on the Aprilia for an unmarried male at age 21 is $120/month.

If you are actually interested in a Futura I can give you a little more info on them, issues they may have, and some nice ones I've found. They run the same Rotax motor as my bike and are effectively bulletproof engines.