my next bike

oldschoolsdime92

A buddy of mine on here "xtremef4i" has a sweet f4i all decked out.

I didn't know they still made them. I thought there was only 600rr's out now. Shows you how much I follow any Honda's. :lol:

They aren't. This is an 07 model, built and shipped in 06. So it's been effectively sitting for the past 3 years. Screw that, everything rubber that isn't being touched by fluids is probably dried and cracked.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more on the f4i. And that worries me. Unless I could get it for the right price, I don't think I would do it. Don, as far as the futura goes, its sexy. But as with the triumph parts worries me. Whats everyones thoughts on the all black gladius, besides the name because I think its shit. I have sat on a few of them and I keep coming back to it. I have always been a honda guy, and feel like id be doing somthing wrong switching but for some reason its grabbed me.

suzuki-gladius-2009-4.jpg

Doing alittle research on the problems with the 955i engine I find this. In 2002 they changed a few things.

Triumph fixed the few bugs that the earlier 955 engines had which didn't crop up that often in any case. The worst was the alternator bearings self destructing and sending the shrapnel into the lower case and transmission sump. They moved the alternator to the end of the crankshaft and all the related bearing and drive assembly was removed completly. That's also why the 2002 and newer engines are quieter sounding at idle. They made them shift better at that time also. The extra 10HP with the new Lotus designed head didn't hurt either. Although I bet most people can't really notice much difference.

I will have to check into that, but i don't think I am quite ready to make the step to an ape yet. sorry don! I keep coming back to the sprint and the gladius. I love the f4is, but I dont want a used one, and a new one has sat far to long, along with the left over 919 I looked at.

I will have to check into that, but i don't think I am quite ready to make the step to an ape yet. sorry don! I keep coming back to the sprint and the gladius. I love the f4is, but I dont want a used one, and a new one has sat far to long, along with the left over 919 I looked at.

Haha, I know. I'm just adding to the fire. You were asking for suggestions. :) My vote still goes to the Sprint over the Gladius. But I'm a whore for English and Italian bikes.

Well I spoke with the owner of the trumpie and told him that if hes still got it this spring ill buy it.I started doing reveiws on the sprint. the older ones(pre 02) weren't so hot. but I found 02 and up with 90k+ on them! Im in the saving a down payment process at this exact moment. The cbr paid off my credit card so now i have free'ed up some extra cash to set aside

^ you can make your own if you get a crashed FZ6. that might actually be a good rout for you.

the alternative is the GSX-F from suzuki (katana replacement). Basically tehy threw a fairing on a bandit 600 and bored it out a little. So that said, what about an old bandit?

off-the-shelf, and in the US market, it sounds like you really want a Gladius, and just need to find a decent touring wind-screen that you can put on for longer trips without too much drama...

But if you're buying used, I would really say F4i is about as good as it gets. That was the last really 'comfortable' 600 'supersport' IMO.

if i could only own 1 bike for the rest of my life, the F4i would be a definite contender - but then, so would the SV650n/Gladius.

If you're considering the 955 sprint might as well look at VFR's too. Slightly more personality/exclusivity than an F4i. The FZ6 naked is awesome looking, but like you said the fairing/windshield is going to be nice on long trips. Full fairing, not as big of a deal. So I'd say Fz6 or VFR would be what I'd look for given your criteria.

If you're considering the 955 sprint might as well look at VFR's too. Slightly more personality/exclusivity than an F4i. The FZ6 naked is awesome looking, but like you said the fairing/windshield is going to be nice on long trips. Full fairing, not as big of a deal. So I'd say Fz6 or VFR would be what I'd look for given your criteria.

He already stated the VFRs are out of his price range. Jeez, don't you read. :D