who wants to ride hocking hills saturday?

Hoblick

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no he "claims" he saw speeding, reckless opp, passing on a double yellow, and some guy with a colorfull jacket standing on his bike with arms out in the air like a bird ?????

but we all saw him speeding , reckless opping , running off the road , and cutting off a bunch of bikes and almost runnin seth and elliot into the ditch and threatning gregggggg:wtf:

hahaha that sums it up

"give me ur key im going after ur buddies!"

hey, it was a good ride, and i had fun on the purple nurple 500.

hope to see you guys on another ride. i hadn't been to hocking hills in quite some time, so it was nice to get to see it at a quick but sane pace. the last time i went there, i was in my first year of riding, so back then, i was much more terrified and having too many close calls. this time, i was still terrified occasionally, but many less close calls. it helped that i wasn't allowed to crash this bike lol

anyways, see yalls again.

yep id say the coshocton crew and greg owned those roads right up untill greggggggg got the law after us , damb hooligan .... and i figured superman was gonna bite it sonner or later the way he was weavin in the corners and that have flat rear tire prolly didnt help

Like you, and alot of others said. The tires, front and rear were extremely under-inflated. Was causing the back tire to wobble in the turns. I made some bad decisions on this ride, like not checking anything before i left. And paid for it. Let it be a lesson learned. Check your shit, especially your tires. Don't be like me.

yes it was , impressive for touring tires !

thanks for keeping it upright this time :D

the guy on the red 500 that had is jacket unzipped the whole time , was flaping in the wind like a cape we named him superman cuza the cape :)

Wtf? lol. Another one of many, many unsmart decisions. Obviously if i went down face 1st...(which i kinda did...when i was rolling) i could have lost some chest hair. You guys could have said something! :(

never to slow we'll always wait at the intersections so everyone can ride thier onw ride

otay I just went back thru this whole thread and didnt find superman , is he a member on here ? or someones friend or did he just kinda fall in

Yeah....remember the squid. Nightrider. That's me.

that is NightRider

how did he lay it down?

and did he come out ok?

Took the hill on 78, thought it would stay straight, then it sloped down to a sharp right. Guard rail and the other lane was coming up quick, knew if i didn't try and move the bike to the right, i was going to nail the guard rail. Just locked up the back tires...and went into a slide.

I'm good. Knee is trashed. Looks great. Really about it, except for my elbow...and some scratches.

nightrider ?? his says ninja 600 that was a 500 wasnt it ??

Why would i lie about the size of my bike? It's a 600. I know it definitely looks small, and even more so with me on it.

and try the michelins I love me some michelins sticky sticky ..... till ya wear the side walls thru :D

Well I got home about 30 min ago. After Nightrider and I split off to head up 13 to 22 into Lancaster his bike ran out of gas. I pored in the contents of my emergeny fuel and he ran for about two mile and died again. Bike would not restart. So we called his family and they came out with a pickup to load up the bike. I left after we got the bike into the truck and shot straight up 13 to 70 and across to home.

Good ride and hopefully I'll get some photos up in a little but here. Nice meeting you all and seeing some road time, something my offroad friends don't do much of.

Buildit, man....can't say enough of how much an awesome guy you are. Helped me, and did absolutely everything you could to make sure i was ok, the bike was at least rideable (with gas in it :D). You stayed with me, what seemed like forever when the bike ran out of gas...until my dad came along. Again, thanks a ton. I know all the guys were more than willing to help out, but without your help...god knows where i would have ended up.

I'd buy you a beer, but we know why you don't drink, so...i'll have to buy you a tank of gas, or...a pack of smokes.

Okay, first Night riders arm

Shawnsarm.jpg

He's a lucky guy given he had no gloves, steel toes, and jeans that this was the worst visible injury. His leg was stiffening up when I left him and his Dad on rt13. Probably be real sore tomorrow.

The bike side shot

Ninja600rightside.jpg

Front shot after I pulled the offending fender off.

Ninja600frontwheel.jpg Amazing he did as well as he did. The tires were low on air despite being checked in Gahanna and the chain was rock tight. Maybe we need to have some OR tech days for people to maintqain their rides?:D

Some random shots on the side of the road

groupon78.jpg

Badtires1.jpg

Badtires2.jpg

Sideof78repairsdone.jpg

Well, after Ranger Rick let everyone off with a warning the mood must have been glum, probably because everyone heard I was dead on the side of the road, smoking a cigarette and holding a camera.:rolleyes:

56riders6.jpg

56riders4.jpg

56riders5.jpg

56riders7.jpg

56riders8.jpg

56riders9.jpg

I think we can all agree that i got pretty lucky. No gloves, jacket unzipped...and just minor injuries. I wear steel toe boots, because...their better than tennis shoes...and any non steel toe footwear...i'm sure i would have messed my feet up.

I thought i was going to eat the guardrail, or get hit by a car as i was rolling. Fun, fun.

You've got more pics of the bike. As you can see, it's trashed...and will need extensive work. Still trying to decide what i want to do. More than like just sell it or, part it out.

To all the guys on the trip. 1st off, i would like to say i know how fucking retarted and squidly i was. I was looking forward to riding with you guys, i rushed myself (in the morning) to clean the bike (which was still horribly filthy)and didn't check anything....tires, chain...bolts, etc before i took off. Tires and being new to the bike...got the best of me. No excuses, i've definitely learned...what NOT to do, as well more of what i NEED to do. I am extremely embarrassed...and ashamed of myself, for not zipping up the jacket...riding without gloves....and ignorance. All i can say is, if i happen to go on any further rides...i will make sure i have EVERYTHING in order. Bike or not, i don't feel like trying to invite myself on any future rides anytime soon. I know if i were you guys, i definitely would not want to see me try and ruin another ride.

2nd- Gotta give it up to Buildit, and Hoblick. Hob for getting the idea to ride the area, and Buildit for taking us through some amazing scenery and great roads. As well as tons of help. I enjoyed talking to everyone that i did, and had a blast runinng and riding wih you guys until the crash.

3rd- I'm not a guy to take shit up and the ass, and ask for more. But...OR has been more than great to me. I know i was wrong in pretty much everything i did today. So...any negative comments are competely warranted and encouraged.

Thanks to all who to came out! Thanks to Buildit aka Luke! :D

we werent makin fun of ya bud just nicknamin we all have one . and I wasnt sayin you were lying bout your bike was just tryin to figure out who you were cuz I thought it was a 500 , the skinny tires and dual exhaust always makes me think 500 didnt think about it being an older 600 ... and fix it it dont need much used plastics for those are everywhere and pretty cheap too or just streetfighter it then no plastics needed , as for gettin it ready your a big boy id suggest 38psi front and 42psi rear and stiffen up that rear spring preload , prolly should preload the forks a bit too, and have some one check your chain tension when your on the bike thats what i did when i told ya it was too tight . you compress that rear suspenion alot and as it compresses the chain gets tighter so for your size setting it when your not on it wont work to get it right , any other questions on set up just ask we're here to help

and as far as you ruining the ride and doing everything wrong ,naw dont beat your self up everyone learns from there mistakes "well most everyone" so now you know what not to do and your crash didnt ruin the ride, everytime coshocton rides sombody crashes "usually 2" so actually that was agood day cuz only 1 went down we're used to it :D in fact thats why I left early was to get back to columbus to visit a buddy in the hospital that crashed last week it doesnt ruin a ride and we all stick together

and you can invite yourself on future rides whenever you want if we dont beat you to it ! but we're prolly still gonna call ya superman :D ......... till a better name comes along

NightRider!! Don't be a stranger bro! I went down on the last shoc ride, I told you about it. That is why I was super cautious this ride. I wanted to ride cuz I love ridin and hangin with these guys. I learn from them all the time. You just have to know your limits I guess. As far as the bike, listen to 1000rrrider. It didn't look too bad in the pics, and if you were able to ride it home, the damage could be small. It was good talkin to ya, and hopefully you'll ride with us again. Good meeting you man...

Buildit, man....can't say enough of how much an awesome guy you are. Helped me, and did absolutely everything you could to make sure i was ok, the bike was at least rideable (with gas in it :D). You stayed with me, what seemed like forever when the bike ran out of gas...until my dad came along. Again, thanks a ton. I know all the guys were more than willing to help out, but without your help...god knows where i would have ended up.

I'd buy you a beer, but we know why you don't drink, so...i'll have to buy you a tank of gas, or...a pack of smokes.

Not to worry, as I remember you helped out Mr. A when he had his accident and good things come around. I'm just glad it all worked out and you are not much worse for wear.:D

To all the guys on the trip. 1st off, i would like to say i know how fucking retarted and squidly i was. I was looking forward to riding with you guys, i rushed myself (in the morning) to clean the bike (which was still horribly filthy)and didn't check anything....tires, chain...bolts, etc before i took off. Tires and being new to the bike...got the best of me. No excuses, i've definitely learned...what NOT to do, as well more of what i NEED to do. I am extremely embarrassed...and ashamed of myself, for not zipping up the jacket...riding without gloves....and ignorance. All i can say is, if i happen to go on any further rides...i will make sure i have EVERYTHING in order. Bike or not, i don't feel like trying to invite myself on any future rides anytime soon. I know if i were you guys, i definitely would not want to see me try and ruin another ride.

Like 1000RR said don't beat yourself up. We all learn every time we go out and then make adjustments to our bikes, equipment, habits and or riding style. Despite the rummers riding a motorcycle is NOT a cheap sport and doing it right requires time and money. Especially if you're riding aggressivly and on challenging roads or trails. I've been lucky and had a lot of good teachers on and off road as well as a good friend who has "edumacated" my dumb ass on some basics of back yard MC repair. :lol:

So heal up, take some time to check out the real damage on the bike. Drain that oil look for any signs of metal or clutch grindings. That will give you a good idea how bad it is overall. Maybe we can get someone who "really knows engines" to do a tech day that you could bring the bike to if it still has issues.

PS rather be Superman than the dead camera man. :p

[quote name=1000rrrider;326386

and as far as you ruining the ride and doing everything wrong ' date='naw dont beat your self up everyone learns from there mistakes "well most everyone" so now you know what not to do and your crash didnt ruin the ride, everytime coshocton rides sombody crashes "usually 2" so actually that was agood day cuz only 1 went down we're used to it :D in fact thats why I left early was to get back to columbus to visit a buddy in the hospital that crashed last week it doesnt ruin a ride and we all stick together

and you can invite yourself on future rides whenever you want if we dont beat you to it ! but we're prolly still gonna call ya superman :D ......... till a better name comes along

we had two wrecks... im claiming the van wreck as ours...

and superman the names gonna stick just like 1000rrider is fuzz nuts. we cant choose our destiny. and ur more then welcome to come ride with us anytime man