who wants to ride hocking hills saturday?

Hoblick

theres no pics of me or johnny rock page... :sad:

You should be in the helmet cam video someplace. :D I didn't post up all the photos from the corner after Ranger Rick because in some of them I shot too early and riders were still in the shadows so all you see is a headlight and a grey form. :rolleyes: But I didn't have the money shot camera that Hoblick has (drool....). :lol:

Hey Night Rider I was thinking about the glove thing. I have a pair of yellow and black joe rocket kevlar gloves I never use anymore that you can have if you find yourself in need.:) I was reading the comments about the gloves and thought about the story I told you about the GI in turkey, who'll wipe your ass? :lol:

Edited by buildit

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I didn't have the money shot camera that Hoblick has (drool....). :lol:

i never got to post up at a corner and take pics..

next time out im making a point to do that.

every damn time i go riding i plan to take alot of pictures and come back with barely any. probably cause riding is alot more fun than taking pictures :D

I want leathers but can't afford it right now. Maybe for next riding season I'll get some.

1000rrrider, where did you get those knee pads at. I might get some till I can afford the leathers and look sweet like the rich boyz...LOL!

EBAY is your friend.

i got my icon leather jacket for $150 shipped and it was pretty much brand new.. only worn once

my pants on the other hand i bought new. but i shopped around alot before i pulled the trigger.. there are deals to be had on nice gear.

i have alot of really nice premium gear, but didnt pay the premium price cause i shopped smart.

next year im getting a one piece with some pucks and full boots. im gonna try to do a few track days next year and i figure better just be prepared. looks like ill be doing alot of shopping around for that as well. ill probably pick up a used suit in good shape, and used boots to if i can find ones in good enough shape.. if not ill order them new from somewhere

I love ebay, but when it comes to gear I flip out. I need it to fit perfect or my ride will suck! I hate ordering online cause everything fits different, and I'm not the smallest guy on a bike... Maybe I'll head to the Pony this weekend and check out some gear so I can get a good list together.

I would love to get into track, but when I told the wife, SHE FLIPPED...LOL! I'm no where near track time, but maybe one day I will be. I was working on shifting my body this last ride and I loved the way it felt!!

i never got to post up at a corner and take pics..

next time out im making a point to do that.

every damn time i go riding i plan to take alot of pictures and come back with barely any. probably cause riding is alot more fun than taking pictures :D

I have found that it is next to impossible to get good photos without willing participants and lots of setup time. On a few rides I was able to ride far enough ahead on the bike to stop, whip out the camera and get a few, then stuff the camera in a pocket and catch up. But those rides are few and far between. Being a smoker doesn't help either because each time you stop you wanna light one up, not ride ahead of everyone and set up for the ride by.

Maybe we should start a thread to judge interest in a photo day? See who'd wanna have some good shots taken, who'd wanna take some shots and then set up some areas to stop and get cool photos.:) There are a couple local areas I can think of that are sparsly populated and have a corner or two that we could use between Hillard and Mechanicsberg.

I love ebay, but when it comes to gear I flip out. I need it to fit perfect or my ride will suck! I hate ordering online cause everything fits different, and I'm not the smallest guy on a bike... Maybe I'll head to the Pony this weekend and check out some gear so I can get a good list together.

I would love to get into track, but when I told the wife, SHE FLIPPED...LOL! I'm no where near track time, but maybe one day I will be. I was working on shifting my body this last ride and I loved the way it felt!!

go to iron pony.. try on a jacket or pants..

all alpinestars stuff will fit the same.. jacket to jacket..

all icon jackets fit the same..

try what brand your interested in on... make sure it fits well and you like it..

also make sure that you incorporate that the stuff will break in..

then go buy used on ebay

I have found that it is next to impossible to get good photos without willing participants and lots of setup time. On a few rides I was able to ride far enough ahead on the bike to stop, whip out the camera and get a few, then stuff the camera in a pocket and catch up. But those rides are few and far between. Being a smoker doesn't help either because each time you stop you wanna light one up, not ride ahead of everyone and set up for the ride by.

Maybe we should start a thread to judge interest in a photo day? See who'd wanna have some good shots taken, who'd wanna take some shots and then set up some areas to stop and get cool photos.:) There are a couple local areas I can think of that are sparsly populated and have a corner or two that we could use between Hillard and Mechanicsberg.

i like this idea.

most people want to be filmed or have pictures taken of them.. so i forsee alot of people interested in this.

Oh and (superman) glad your ok and your bike can be fixed

Thanks man. Was nice meeting you and the wife.

nightrider, get your bike fixed up and come out again soon (after you're healed up). and have someone look at that knee... it looked pretty messed up. if there is something wrong with it, and it heals wrong, you'll pay for it a 100 fold in the future.

Definitely. But without the squidbillyness. I appreciate the concern. It's just bruised.

You should be in the helmet cam video someplace. :D I didn't post up all the photos from the corner after Ranger Rick because in some of them I shot too early and riders were still in the shadows so all you see is a headlight and a grey form. :rolleyes: But I didn't have the money shot camera that Hoblick has (drool....). :lol:

Hey Night Rider I was thinking about the glove thing. I have a pair of yellow and black joe rocket kevlar gloves I never use anymore that you can have if you find yourself in need.:) I was reading the comments about the gloves and thought about the story I told you about the GI in turkey, who'll wipe your ass? :lol:

:lol:Yes. I remember that, that was great man. Definitely puts things into perspective and makes you think though.

That's a really generous offer. I really appreciate it. Remember i was telling you i was unemployed? Yeah...it's going to be a while before i can afford a new bike...or fix this one. So...i shouldn't need gloves for a while. And when i do, if i can't afford the gear...i need to find a cheaper bike. :D

I really appreciate it man. You need to change your name to Mr Helper!

Question though Can you buy ankle pads or something that can be put in my boot to protect the ankle in case of a spill.

You could always go with a more stout boot (super moto or track-specific boots offer superb ankle protection), but if you're bound to improve existing boots, there's a cheap and effective alternative as far away as your nearest sporting goods department....shin pads.

Buy some adult sized shin pads, 2 pair (they're dirt cheap), and put them in 1 sleeve around your ankle, pads facing in/out on your ankle. You'll have to trim the front portions at the bottom so you can pivot your foot up without them rubbing, but this is easily done.

When you're done, just put them on over your sock, under your boot and you'll have ankle-protection that will withstand a ton of abuse. It may seem a little "low rent", but it works and it's easy.

• 1 month later...