Tire Machine

XB12Ss

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

So I bought a tire changing machine a while ago... It didn't come in time for me to use in on my old bike, so yesterday when my I saw my tire fucked, I figured I'd get to use it...

I stopped by Iron Pony today after work and picked up a replacement tire... Got home and put together the machine... Easy enough.

From there I used the bead breaker to break one side, but the other side was hindered by the pulley. I don't have the torx bit required to take it off, so I just put a couple blocks under it to get the bead broke on that side... Easy enough, but I did put a couple nicks in my wheels... Nothing major.

At that point I put the wheel in the mount and got my bowl of soapy water all ready. I read in various places that the pry bar thing will scratch my powder coated wheels and to cover the wheel or bar with duct tape... Let's just say that doesn't work.

Then I remembered reading somewhere to use cut up pieces of plastic from shampoo bottles... Worked VERY well, but I still got it all fucked up... Ok, don't freak out.

So all of this and I realize once I get the pry bar positioned that my pulley is totally going to get in the way... Remember that torx bit I didn't have? Well, I needed it. Off to Lowes... Of course they don't have any singles, so I have to buy a $26 package... Stay calm...

Ok, I get home and have at it... Got 5 of the 6 off without much work... Then the 6th one... Motherfucker. It won't budge... Bust out the breaker bar... Broke the ratchet! Now it freewheels in both directions! That's ok, it was a cheapo... Grab another, no dice... Nothing... Can't move it at all... Then CRACK!!! And I'm on my ass... Stripped? Sorta, the fuckin' torx bit was stripped!!! :yikes:

Back to Lowes, lifetime warranty, piss around, piss around.... Get back home with my new bit... Deep breaths... One more time, then I give up... SSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bolt this time.

So I put the others back on, kicked some stuff, used the lord's name in vain, used many expletives that I did not know could be combined in such a way, threw my fifth bowl of soapy water (Did I mention I spilled a lot of them?), knocked the wheel over onto the breaker bar, chipping my wheel AGAIN...

Anybody want to buy a tire changing machine? Seriously. I am not even going to take it apart. I am not going to fuck with it any more. Make me an offer.

if your just doing your own tires...fuckit....two spoons ascrew driver a 2x4 and a car to break the bead....halfhour i can charnge rear or front...no damage to rim..i use rim protectors

I need rim protectors... Fuck... I probably need new rims now... Meh, I wonder if you can do touch-up powdercoating?

christ man...I change mine with tire irons all the time. but I use pieces of tropicana orange juice jugs for rim protectors. and to break the bead,

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/bead-breaker/motorcycle-tire-bead-breaker.htm

I spent $12 for tire irons and that's it. once you do it a few times its a piece of cake. just remember to use soapy water on the rim and tire to lube it.

What kind of tire changer and can you post pictures of it? I'd be interested.

It's the one just like this one:

http://www.4strokes.com/reviews/harborfreight/mctirechanger/

Bro why didnt you call...I could have helped you..I have rim protectors here.

Cause I'm a raging moron that's why... I never think of asking for... *gasp* help...

im going to go with no, but then again ive never powdercoated a thing in my life.

Think I might have some gloss black touch up paint.. I had a friend who works for MTD take some parts to work with him and powdercoat them. When he brought them back he also gave me a bottle that they use to touch of the peices that dont get fully covered in the powdercoating process.

Think I might have some gloss black touch up paint.. I had a friend who works for MTD take some parts to work with him and powdercoat them. When he brought them back he also gave me a bottle that they use to touch of the peices that dont get fully covered in the powdercoating process.

That would be huge... Let me know if you find it...

Is it the cheaper one without the lips to hold the wheel in correctly like this one before they welded round stock on it?

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26637

or does it have lips to hold the wheel?

I'll give you $50

It's the whole setup... Bead breaker, the whole nine... and yes, it does have the lips.

http://www.4strokes.com/reviews/harborfreight/mctirechanger/

Can a brother get a bidding war? :D

• 2 years later...

Powder can't be touched up, really, trust me. We do it for a living. BUT, for about $1.29 you can go to your local hobby shop and pick up "Testor Model Paint". It's designed for plastic (which is what your powder is), is available in hundreds of colors (likely one to match your powder), and is oil based so it will also protect the metal where you chipped the powder so you don't get the ugly rusties showing up. Buy a painting file (really, there is such a thing used to file down runs) and that will make it so flat you'll never find it without getting within a foot of it. Give the paint about two weeks to dry before using the painting file thing or you'll just have to start over again.