Good place to ride for a couple of beginners

Bad324

Looking for any suggestions of where to make a couple hour sunday afternoon ride in the cuyahoga/summit county area. So far its just myself and two buddies who all have gotten our first bikes within the last couple months. We'd be starting in Broadview Heights and would like to stay off any major highways if we can. Thanks for any help!

:lol: Beginners in Coshocton.

I dunno what's over on the east side, but if you're just looking for a slow scenic cruise you can't beat the Metroparks. I guess it depends on what the goal of the ride is? Familiarize yourselves with the bikes at slow speeds? - Metroparks. Or, do you want to try to ride to test your limits and see how the healthcare and auto insurance industries work? -Coshocton without someone leading you.

Or, do you want to try to ride to test your limits and see how the healthcare and auto insurance industries work? -Coshocton without someone leading you.

damit justin your full of qoute material :D rep again

hell Ill lead em , its been almost a month since Ive crashed anyone over here ..... right snowy :)

I think ya'll scared the n00bz off from riding Coshocton.

Srsly though, Coshocton is an awesome area of Ohio to ride, but hookup with the local-yokels (Parks, Burgundy, 1000rrrider, not to mention a few others who haven't posted up in this thread) before you go down there and aimlessly try to pitch yourself off into a field. The Coshocton boyz know the roads well and do a good job making sure no one gets left behind no matter what your pace (right Mj? :p). Not to mention a few of them are big ol' farmbillies - that'll come in handy if you do have to lift your bike out of a pasture or ditch.

Just make sure you plan it with them - you'll have a great time as long as you check your ego at the door.

Edited by JRMMiii

Start with metropark from Lakewood (Rocky River Reservation) and ride down Akron through peninsula, slow ride but great for beginners, lots of cops so watch your speed.

Towards the east Chagrin river road from willoughby to down summit county is nice.....some tricky curves....just a caution for beginners. Canal road, tinkers creek in valleyview have some nice roads as well. If you want straight line cruise 303, 306 are great where you can open up the bikes lil more.

I've read many of the stories here and none of us posses anywhere near the skill :lol:. Hopefully by next year though

let us know when you go out. I'm pretty new back on after 10 yr break and hubbys been riding awhile. we're over by medina.

The tentative plan is noon-ish and be back by 4 to watch the game. Start time really depends on how crazy and out of hand things get Saturday night

I dunno what's over on the east side, but if you're just looking for a slow scenic cruise you can't beat the Metroparks. I guess it depends on what the goal of the ride is? Familiarize yourselves with the bikes at slow speeds? - Metroparks. Or, do you want to try to ride to test your limits and see how the healthcare and auto insurance industries work? -Coshocton without someone leading you.

You raise a good point. More than likely I am looking for something somewhere between those two, though I'm sure my one friend wouldn't mind the slow leisurely ride so I'll keep that as an option. It also helps that the parkway is 1/2 mile from my house

Start with metropark from Lakewood (Rocky River Reservation) and ride down Akron through peninsula, slow ride but great for beginners, lots of cops so watch your speed.

Towards the east Chagrin river road from willoughby to down summit county is nice.....some tricky curves....just a caution for beginners. Canal road, tinkers creek in valleyview have some nice roads as well. If you want straight line cruise 303, 306 are great where you can open up the bikes lil more.

I'll keep those in mind. More than likely my idea was to head south down through Peninsula, Cuyahoga Falls and Hinckley area but wanted to ask here because I know you guys all know the great roads!

Just make sure you plan it with them - you'll have a great time as long as you check your ego at the door.

that right there is all that is needed yet never happens , if guys could do that we wouldnt be having all these crashes on our rides !! everytime we have a ride we say that at the beginning and tell everyone dont try to keep up run your pace and we'll wait at every turn or intersection even if its forever we'll wait and never fails one of us speeds up for a favorite section or curve that weve hit 100 time and know just how hard we can push it .....and a new rider to the area says to himself if he can by god I can and well we all know what happens next