GI: Ashtabula Covered Bridge Ride?

armith

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at the slideshow Emily took. Nice composition at Haperserfield bridge. I did not notice the ducks in the water.

It is amazing how fast 225 miles clicks off when you are riding.....I am just glad I did this trip on the 850 and not on the Katana....I think my back and my wrist would be hurting

you definitely made the right choice....my back isn't hurting so much as my wrist is. I now know why its a good choice to have ear plugs on a long slab like that, my head was ringing for an hour

looks like it was a great time guys. If I would have had the spare cash for a hotel room for the night, I would have been there!

It was a bit late in the planning but I had offered up my guest room to takers.. Next time maybe..

+1......should have made likwid ride at the back of the line....lol
Likwid's bike does not exactly have the "stealth" exhaust option either. Try following his bike for 60 miles at highway speed.
Prob. didnt help riding behind me with my Yoshimura exhaust.
you definitely made the right choice....my back isn't hurting so much as my wrist is. I now know why its a good choice to have ear plugs on a long slab like that, my head was ringing for an hour

You guys just be glad I wasn't the one who organized the run, and you all had to follow me the whole way...

You guys just be glad I wasn't the one who organized the run, and you all had to follow me the whole way...

lol, srsly, woulda had gravel and dirt thrown in our faces.

I tried riding near the back as much as possible :) scottb sorry about that, she's a loud girl, I wear earplugs as much as possible, when we got home Heike said she was gonna wear earplugs from now on.... but still loud pipes save lives!

It was not too loud, but i could hear your bike over mine. I have not worn ear plugs while riding.

I've ridden with 2 ear plugs, 1 ear plug, and music ear plugs in 1 ear and 2.

1 ear plug is the best, a) because it's legal and b) because I can still hear my motor and cars around me. I love listening to music while riding but the issue is you have to turn it up loud enough to hear so by the time you accommodate it's louder than the exhaust lol

I have a pack of 10 or so of those little foam plugs, I just put 2 in my little change pocket, that way I have it with me for riding or if I go to the range (I always forget to bring earplugs)

Prob. didnt help riding behind me with my Yoshimura exhaust.

between my bike and the wind noise in my helmet yours was rather silent :lol:

I've ridden with 2 ear plugs, 1 ear plug, and music ear plugs in 1 ear and 2.

1 ear plug is the best, a) because it's legal and b) because I can still hear my motor and cars around me. I love listening to music while riding but the issue is you have to turn it up loud enough to hear so by the time you accommodate it's louder than the exhaust lol

I have a pack of 10 or so of those little foam plugs, I just put 2 in my little change pocket, that way I have it with me for riding or if I go to the range (I always forget to bring earplugs)

I definitely need to pick up some ear plugs for any more long highway runs like that. I also need to try out the music configuration as well since I can't think of anything better than combining riding AND music :D