GI: Ashtabula Covered Bridge Ride?

armith

This is the only ride I've asked her on the entire year (being that it wasn't going to be a 'spirited' ride) - ya know, get some 'quality time' in doing something together that I enjoy, since I have to do miscellaneous crap like hiking and outdoor stuff that she likes to do... but, I dunno if I'm up to going alone on this kind of 'scenic' ride.

:dunno: We'll see.

Edited by JRMMiii

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girl is a sissy (and really isn't thrilled to ride bitch more than 20 miles anyway), so if there is any chance of rain - I can all but guarantee we're out.

Ohio seems to be a perpetual chance for rain about 9 months out of the year.. the other 3 months is snow. You two don't get out much on the bike do you?

Just teasing.. Seriously, It's cool.

Ohio seems to be a perpetual chance for rain about 9 months out of the year.. the other 3 months is snow. You two don't get out much on the bike do you?

Just teasing.. Seriously, It's cool.

You obviously don't know Justin, he only rides 3 days a year, and that's only in a straight line :-D

:lol: You guys are killin' this AM. :p

and @armith - no, we don't. :( She'll run errands around town or ride out to eat, but basically bitches and complains about wearing a helmet, jacket, and long pants - and of course the prepetual ass-soreness from a sportbike pass. seat. Makes me haz a sad that she doesn't like to ride.

We did one 200miler through Mohican last year at a semi-spirited pace for two-up on the 'busa, and she was done after that.

:lol: You guys are killin' this AM. :p

and @armith - no, we don't. :( She'll run errands around town or ride out to eat, but basically bitches and complains about wearing a helmet, jacket, and long pants - and of course the prepetual ass-soreness from a sportbike pass. seat. Makes me haz a sad that she doesn't like to ride.

We did one 200miler through Mohican last year at a semi-spirited pace for two-up on the 'busa, and she was done after that.

tbh, my wife had the same complaint about her ass/back...It's the same as when we all started riding, gotta get some seat time for it to feel better.

She didn't like riding at first, scary, cold, windy, I speed, etc etc. I made some compromises, she made some compromises, now she asks me if we can ride somewhere and "are we still riding on Saturday?!? I'm excited!"

My girl asks the same question, but in a completely different tone.

Ya know, that "Do we have to?" voice and then she makes requests for jewelry and 'more help around the house' --- pshhh, as if.

I feel your pain man. When I had the F4i she would ride a little more than now, but since I got the 636 anything longer than an hour is out of the question. She hates this bike and it's a shame cuz I like it way better than the F4i. Oh well...I like riding by myself anyway :D

K, who's meeting me at Ohio Motorcycle (right off 271/480) to slab it up to the Sheetz meeting place.

I'm thinking 9:00 am... will give us plenty of time, leave by 9:15 and be at the meeting spot around 10:00 - 10:15.

What way do you go to get there? So long as its not raining I'll be in to meet up before heading out. It'll pretty much be a game time decision for me though

What way do you go to get there? So long as its not raining I'll be in to meet up before heading out. It'll pretty much be a game time decision for me though

To get to Ohio Motorcycle or the Sheetz meeting place?

To get to Ohio Motorcycle from where you are jump on 77N to 271N, take the Broadway exit, turn right at light, turn right into first lot (furniture store), ride behind the loading dock and you'll come up on the Ohio Motorcycle parking lot.

To get to the Sheetz was just going to slab it up there via 271/90/11/Sheetz

To get to Ohio Motorcycle or the Sheetz meeting place?

To get to Ohio Motorcycle from where you are jump on 77N to 271N, take the Broadway exit, turn right at light, turn right into first lot (furniture store), ride behind the loading dock and you'll come up on the Ohio Motorcycle parking lot.

To get to the Sheetz was just going to slab it up there via 271/90/11/Sheetz

copy that, I'd meet at ohio motorcycle

You obviously don't know Justin, he only rides 3 days a year, and that's only in a straight line :-D

If all he rides is straights then he should like this ride. It is mostly farm land out that way.

so speaking of woman's ass not fitting on a passenger's bike seat......

A husband goes to his wife and says...."honey I found a way to get your breast bigger like you wanted for no money at all.....all you have to do is take some toilet paper and rub it between your breasts at list twice a day....."

"How's that is going to do anything?" the wife ask with an inquisitive voice.....

"I ma not sure" ...says the husband " But I know what it did for your ASS for the last 20 years! " :D

Still a morning decision for me about the ride. I just back in town from a 2 day work related trip from LA. ( Not lower Akron) If I go, I will meet at Ohio Motorcycle ( isn't officaly called Cleveland-Akron Honda? ). I would suggest parking the bikes closer to the side street, away from the building, so I won't confuse your bikes with bikes that are already at the dealership that are for sale or in for repair. I will be on my 1982 GS 850 Suzuki. The only issues I will have is about 70-75 MPH top speed, at least consistanly, and 100 mile or so range on gas.

Scott

no worries Scott... we'll be fine, pace up to Ashtabula won't be faster than that.

I'm not sure... they're mainly Ducati, Triumph... I honestly never noticed Hondas there. Regardless you can't miss it. They don't open until 10 so we'll be outside.