Coshocton ride ...take 2

Doomking

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this ride doesn't appear to be happening, how about this...

**Updated**

9:30a Meet at Bolivar DQ (US77 & OH212), wheels rolling by 10a. Return to Bolivar between 3-4. The loop (Bolivar to Bolivar) is 250 miles or so depending some route options.

The pace wil be brisk, the roads will be curvy. All will be riding within their limits, geared up, and no one will be left behind, etc.

From Cleveland, I usually slab on 77 to Bolivar, it takes about 1:10. For those who prefer not to slab, you can take 83>250>212>Bolivar, that takes 1:30--1:40.

It will be chilly in the morning...we live in Ohio.

Edited by Tpoppa

I like that idea also, if any of the cosh guys can't help.

Ynia ...bit cold in the morning ....I'll wear long johns or under armor under the gear and I'll be warm.

Tony that sounds good, but I think we should avoid the interstate going down there....it will be more fun going the 83S way.

Also Tony can we delay the start by 1 hr? meet at Circle K 8:30 and @ bolivar around 10- 10:30 .....does that sound reasonable? we should have plenty time, plus I think rslocum is thinking about coming and he lives in Painsville.

Just a thought....

I'm game for whatever time if the weather is nice. 50 degrees and rain sucks. Not even my battery powered nut warmers help. If we do rte 250 we'll have to warn any new people about the infamous 180 degree switchback that bit me in the ass in June.

Let's push back the start time by 30 minutes. I have stuff to do Sunday evening.

So meet in Bolivar at 9:30, wheels rolling by 10a. I'll update my post above.

The route will be heading to SE OH there are some excellent roads that way.

I am still planning on coming down there Tony. If for some reason the morning looks wet than we have to make a decision tomorrow on what to do.

Few other guys expressed interest in coming early in the week, but they have not posted any definite intention yet. Ynia is out, I think because too cold in the morning. A month from now we all be wishing of days like today.

If it's gonna be the two of us, do you want to still ride or call it off ?

I am going to ride either way, not so early if you decide not to go anymore, but maybe later in the day with couple of guys from work if they make up their mind. One of them mentioned to go to the Mohican reservation via route 3, which is not too bad of a ride.

So we'll have to wait and see.....

The morning forecast for Cleveland is looking iffy (30%), but the radar looks clear. Further south the forecast looks pretty good.

If it's dry in the morning, I'll be in Bolivar at 9:30. Who's planning to show?

There calling for 50% chance all day tomorrow in my neck of the woods. I'm going to have to make the call in the morning. Just post up in the morning if you guys are going to abort or what not. Forecast looks good for the south but not so good for the NE.

Tony as for right now seems I am the only one coming from the west side, unless someone else comes and then we'll meet at Circle K,

would you like to meet at Roush motor sport in Medina which is at Rt. 18 and I 71 and than ride together the rest of the way to Bolivar?

Rslocum can also join us there since it's right off I 271 if he's coming that way...How's that sound for you RS?

How about it Cleave? would you rather meet at Roush and ride together down to Bolivar?

Just some ideas..weather is going to be a carbon copy of today, with lake effect crap, just in NEO. South should be OK.

Edited by Doomking