Coshocton ride ...take 2

Doomking

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the intersection of SR 212 and I-77 there is a Dairy Queen/gas station. We usually meet there.

OK ...I'll be there around 9:30 am....

I'll check this post tomorrow morning before I leave in case something change or someone wants to join in.

Just checked the weather here in NEO for Sunday AM. At 9AM it's gonna be 39!

You know that stereotype about black folks and cold weather?

Sorry guys..too cold for me. Ride safe.

I guess since mr IcantrideinthecoldbecauseIamblack isn't going then I will stay at home today

Good ride today. No cops, no drops. We hit some of SE OH favs, and kept up a pretty good pace all day

The weather never really got nice, but wasn't bad either. Cloudy and cool, and we stayed dry. 4 people is a good group size for those roads. Much more and it's hard to stay together.

I logged a bit over 425 miles for the day.

Got home too little after Rob did....I fucking got lost after we split going 250W. There was a detour and ended up god who knows where. I was afraid to pull over and ask for direction...maybe some locals could mistaken me for a member of the "Taliban" with my accent, and they would have taken me in the back of their barn to play with me "deliverance" style.

I finally found 250W again after riding for around 45min, and finally got my heading again.

Tony, thanks for showing us around.....great ride, although we got to try that "536" ,I think it is, about couple of hundred times just to get little more comfortable with it....what a wicked road that one is!!!

I am all froze solid and my ass and wrist are aching after 9 1/2 hr on the bike. But I am ready to do it again if the weather give us another chance...

I guess since mr IcantrideinthecoldbecauseIamblack isn't going then I will stay at home today
what is our token blackman gonna do next weekend ? prolly not gonna be alot warmer

If I had warmer gear..maybe. Legs and torso are covered, but the hands will freeze like a popsicle.

If I could have trailered the bike down and avoided the early morning slab fest down south, it would have been a go.

Don't hate me because I'm tan.

TPoppa could you give me the route designations that we did on yesterdays ride for my future reference. 800,536,78,.... Thanks again for the nice tour.

Tony can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the route was 212 to 151south to 9south to 148West to 145South to 800south to 78East to 536South to 7South to 255North to 800North back to 78East to 7North to 556North to 145North to 148West then 800North into Uhrichsville where we had that last stop.

Tony can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the route was 212 to 151south to 9south to 148West to 145South to 800south to 78East to 536South to 7South to 255North to 800North back to 78East to 7North to 556North to 145North to 148West then 800North into Uhrichsville where we had that last stop.

That is pretty close, we didn't hit 145 on the ride down. That wound up being about a 280 mile loop (+ the rides there and home). There are a lot of good roads were could have added, but I didn't want to kill you guys :).

After Adam split off, 77 was backed up for a couple miles (just south of Canton). I don't have that kind of patience, so rslocum and I road the shoulder to avoid a huge delay, and then had to navigate through Canton via iPhone.

Edited by Tpoppa

That is pretty close, we didn't hit 145 on the ride down. That wound up being about a 280 mile loop (+ the rides there and home). There are a lot of good roads were could have added, but I didn't want to kill you guys :).

After Adam split off, 77 was backed up for a couple miles (just south of Canton). I don't have that kind of patience, so rslocum and I road the shoulder to avoid a huge delay, and then had to navigate through Canton via iPhone.

Yeah I took backroads home when I got off at Faircrest. I would have waved for you guys to come with me but I wasn't exactly positive where I was going and I didn't wanna get us lost. I eventually made it home after riding through the ghetto of Canton.