51 members have voted

1. 1. did the cops do the right thing

• I do agree with what the cops did
    • I dont agree with what the cops did

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the cop hadn't jumped on the hood of the car, he wouldn't have created the life threatening endangerment and therefore wouldn't have needed to shoot. I'm sure this has been brought to his attention if the stupid bastard hasn't already figured it out.

Hell no. That was a stupid cop on goddamn adrenaline rush! :nono:
If the cop hadn't jumped on the hood of the car' date=' he wouldn't have created the life threatening endangerment and therefore wouldn't have needed to shoot. I'm sure this has been brought to his attention if the stupid bastard hasn't already figured it out.[/quote']

-1. this stupid fuck was putting other peoples life in danger. cops are human too. put you in the same situation and see if your mind isnt running a thousand different scenarios as how to best handle it. this guy was a threat to the police and everyone in the vicinity and if the cops felt that the only was to stop this pos was to shoot him, then so be it. i cant believe anyone would defend an asshole like this. he got what he fucking deserved

Defending human life, not the asshole.

Exactly.

-1. this stupid fuck was putting other peoples life in danger. cops are human too. put you in the same situation and see if your mind isnt running a thousand different scenarios as how to best handle it. this guy was a threat to the police and everyone in the vicinity and if the cops felt that the only was to stop this pos was to shoot him, then so be it. i cant believe anyone would defend an asshole like this. he got what he fucking deserved

No way this person "deserved" to be executed like that. This chase was actually quite mild, it was night, there was little traffic,

no accidents were caused as a result of it, no innocent people were injured.

This officer handled the situation 100% wrong. Its not like the guy opened fire on the cops, the only weapon he was using

(and I use that term lightly since he never really hit the cops car) was a car.

Ram the car! Disable the car, don't kill the driver over a "chase"!

Did he still deserve to die? Without a trial? For simply running from the cops and "almost" hitting a cop car with a stolen car?

I think not.

He put the cops life in danger once he drove with the cop on the hood in my opinion. He had plenty of time to avoid that happening.

The cop was asshole for jumping on the hood in the first place,

he put his own life in jeopardy with that move, what did he expect to happen,

did he expect the perp to say.... "oh shit, I better stop, I got a cop on my hood!"??

At least 7 shots to the driver, seems a little extreme to me. At that range they could have shot out the tires. But here's an idea..cops with lights and sirens are chasing you. What do you do A:run and risk killing yourself, someone else or getting killed, or at a minumum get bigger fines/jailtime. B: Stop your car and take your lumps. I don't know all the specifices (why he ran, what he was doing, what the cops had thought), but if you run, the cops will assume the worst, not know why he's running, and probably do everything they feel necessary at the time (remember human error here) to nuetralize the enemy.

Edit: and yeah jumping on the hood seems a lot like playing russian roulette to me. :dunno:

everyone can arm chair quarterback the situation. I didn't see the officer jump on the hood of the car, I just saw the tape go to him on the hood of the car so maybe I missed that part of the video? But a car is a deadly weapon, so I'm assuming the driver tried to run the cop over (because the car was moving when the officer was on the hood) and thats how he got on the hood of the car and then used deadly force. Its a terrible situation, but they have to assume the worst. How often are police officers shot unsuspectingly when they pull someone over for a speeding ticket, missed stop sign, etc. There was an officer on the r6 forum that was shot in the arm (the bullet bounced around from someone who he pulled over for a tint violation.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89991&highlight=officer+shot&page=37

Also, the first officer radioed that the suspect tried to ram his car (use of deadly force right there). So we don't know if the officer who was on the hood was the same as the original officer, but if he's not you can assume he's only going by what he heard on the radio. So in his mind he thinks this suspect is going to try and do harm to the police officers with his vehicle again given the chance.

One thing I know is that if I plan on "running" from the police, I have to assume that I'm going to face the possibility of getting tazed, killed in a car accident, or shot by the police. If you think otherwise, you're just as naive as the guy in that car.

everyone can arm chair quarterback the situation. I didn't see the officer jump on the hood of the car, I just saw the tape go to him on the hood of the car so maybe I missed that part of the video? But a car is a deadly weapon, so I'm assuming the driver tried to run the cop over (because the car was moving when the officer was on the hood) and thats how he got on the hood of the car and then used deadly force. Its a terrible situation, but they have to assume the worst. How often are police officers shot unsuspectingly when they pull someone over for a speeding ticket, missed stop sign, etc. There was an officer on the r6 forum that was shot in the arm (the bullet bounced around from someone who he pulled over for a tint violation.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89991&highlight=officer+shot&page=37

Also, the first officer radioed that the suspect tried to ram his car (use of deadly force right there). So we don't know if the officer who was on the hood was the same as the original officer, but if he's not you can assume he's only going by what he heard on the radio. So in his mind he thinks this suspect is going to try and do harm to the police officers with his vehicle again given the chance.

One thing I know is that if I plan on "running" from the police, I have to assume that I'm going to face the possibility of getting tazed, killed in a car accident, or shot by the police. If you think otherwise, you're just as naive as the guy in that car.

Well thought out.

Well thought out.

I'm pretty sure the guy on the hood was not the guy who miked that the guy tried to ram him when the suspect didn't really try to ram him. So if i was the guy on the hood i'd of probably done the same thing. The suspect unilaterally caused this to happen.

agreed. this fuck head chose to run he found the consequences.

To me it looked like the cop was just freaking out and acting on fear, hence why he unloaded half a clip into a guy who was three feet away. This makes me suspect of the cop's ability to perform his job adequately; that being said he was in a life threatening situation. Now if the the cop who shot the suspect was the same as the initial cop than I definitely say that he was over reacting and is not fit for the job b/c that guy did not try to ram him.

If you rewatch the video, it looks like this wasn't even a traffic

stop to begin with, looks like this cop just happened upon this

driver off the road, then when the guy sees the cop and decides

he's outta here he almost hits the guys cruiser, a far cry from

"just had a car try to ram me" as the LEO said.

Latter on the dispatch mentions the car is stolen.

Stolen car, running from the police, even if he tried to ram

one of the cop cars, not deserving of a execution like that.

For all we know (or the LEO) the driver could have been a 14yr old

kid scared out of his mind. I still say bad decisions by the police dept.

My mind can never wrap around how people can defend these guys. I am not about to get into a debate, and have people say stupid things and NEVER understand "the cop life." I dont expect many people, other than cops of course, to understand what cops do and why they do it. All i am going to do is explain a few things (which for the "disapprover" will probably be worthless anyways). Monday morning quarterbacking is always an option for people that werent there or have never been in a situation that has a risk to their life. Unbelievable that people would say the cops handled things "100% wrong" or "the police need to be fired" or "stupid cop on goddamn adrenaline rush." This guy may not have initially tried to "ram" him but he CERTAINLY did throughout the chase. Therefore the guy has used deadly force already. Had the guy just stopped, there wouldnt have been any issues. The police officer that "jumped on the hood creating a life threatening situation" appears to be, if you watch the video, the cop that rammed the drivers door. Once the cop car was in the way of the drivers door, its time to go to the passenger side of the vehicle to get the assailant out, the best way (and safest) to get to the other side is to cross the hood. Once the cop was on the hood, which also gave the cop the best vantage point of the suspect, the driver hits the gas; time to shoot. The amount of shots, 6, was necessary. You shoot to kill the suspect. Not wound, not stop them from doing what they were doing (or else we would have shot his/her foot), you shoot to kill. 6 shots, through a windshield, which can sway the direction of a round (even at 3 feet)... You dont look after the first to see, "hmmm... did that one make it through the windshield? Did it kill him/her? no? Well then i guess its time to fire one more round." No, you shoot until the person is done with the deadly action. The cops did what they had to. If someone threatens your life you would do the same thing.

Flame on people... flame on...