police chase with crazy ending

pocar

did the cops do the right thing  

51 members have voted

1. 1. did the cops do the right thing

• I do agree with what the cops did
    • I dont agree with what the cops did

The first shots fired there is not enough video to make a good conclusion however it appears he fired towards something at the front left of his car that apparently fled, causing him to get back in and give chase.... again one would think the victim was not being aggressive, it appears fleeing was his priority.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was the suspect fleeing in the first place?

It appears the car was sitting there half on and off the road prompting the cop to take a closer look about the time the car pulled out.... seen the cop, re-adjusted his course to avoid and flee from the cop. The cop instantly claimed the guy tried to ram him. then later says he's gonna "Take him out" if he gets the chance. After all was said, done and shots fired, turns out the guy was a criminal. That doesnt really mean anything to me after the fact, as it could have just as easily been a scared teenager for all the cop knew....

Ok, I did, and just after he says if he gets the chance, he's gonna take him out, she tells another cop that he is pursuing a "possible" stolen vehicle. Still doesnt change the bogas Ram claim and it still doesnt changed him climbing on a stopped car and cold bloodedly murdering an unarmed person.

Ok, I did, and just after he says if he gets the chance, he's gonna take him out, she tells another cop that he is pursuing a "possible" stolen vehicle. Still doesnt change the bogas Ram claim and it still doesnt changed him climbing on a stopped car and cold bloodedly murdering an unarmed person.

Most of the time they will call it in as a possible stolen vehicle, kinda the same thing as "allegedly," until its proven, its only possible. The "bogus" ram claim, comes from any driver driving in the direction of the cop. I am not going to say that it was the correct way to call it in, im just saying... And i CERTAINLY dont see it as "cold blooded murder" thats for sure. I see it as justified by far.

They call over the radio that the vehicle was stolen.

So even if it was stolen in no way should this have escalated to the point of a mans death over a vehicle. More times than not the cops put themselves and others in danger chasing suspects over a gta. Its a f**king car thats why you have insurance. Who was putting who in danger the police doing 100+mph chasing a stolen car or the guy trying to get away with a POS car?

Thanks to the cops I'm sure the person wants their car back now.

So even if it was stolen in no way should this have escalated to the point of a mans death over a vehicle. More times than not the cops put themselves and others in danger chasing suspects over a gta. Its a f**king car thats why you have insurance. Who was putting who in danger the police doing 100+mph chasing a stolen car or the guy trying to get away with a POS car?

Thanks to the cops I'm sure the person wants their car back now.

dude really?? come on........ do you really think if a car doing 100+ to get away from the cops for a traffic violation wasnt up to something bigger?? who the hell knows maybe there was a dead body in the trunk. would you think differently?

Most of the time they will call it in as a possible stolen vehicle, kinda the same thing as "allegedly," until its proven, its only possible. The "bogus" ram claim, comes from any driver driving in the direction of the cop. I am not going to say that it was the correct way to call it in, im just saying... And i CERTAINLY dont see it as "cold blooded murder" thats for sure. I see it as justified by far.

Ofcourse you're welcome to your view but as for me, from the first action (when the guy turned the car around, saw the cop and stopped, turned his wheels to avoid the cop and gassed it..... the last action of sitting in the car, stopped and getting shot repeatedly. All the guy wanted was to flee, he was not being aggressive. the Cop however was aggressive and untruthful. If I could see some other evidence that showed something different, I'd sure like to call it in favor of the cop...... I cant do that here nor can I on most internet videos.... they get to the net for a reason.......

I still would have to find the cop guilty based on what I see.... not on what cops usually do or how stuff is usually called in or on what it turns out the guy did after the fact........ all that is irrelavant the what happened exactly then.......... sorry.........

dude really?? come on........ do you really think if a car doing 100+ to get away from the cops for a traffic violation wasnt up to something bigger?? who the hell knows maybe there was a dead body in the trunk. would you think differently?

Just sayin been on the other side of the fence I guess.

You cant kill people on "what ifs" and "maybe's"

My point is this is all this is unknown to the cop........

You cant kill people on "what ifs" and "maybe's"

My point is this is all this is unknown to the cop........

but what is KNOWN is that they guy driving the vehicle is in complete disreguard of the law and puts the cops life in jeopordy. when the cops life is put in danger is when he is allowed to use lethal force. im sorry its just my ignorant opinion but i feel the same way with someone fleeing on a bike, you know the what ifs when you make the decision to run. this guy put lives in danger when he took off.

When was the last time a cop came into your workplace and told you youre doing your job wrong? Unless youre breaking the law... they dont. So dont do that to them.

Everything was going swimmingly for both sides until that little ditty right there.

1) I'm not paid by the public (unless you count some gov't contracts). Being a public employee makes you fair game to be criticized by the public you serve.

2) The cops bother me in my private life, I'd WELCOME them to bug me at work. That would be quite refreshing. :D And the times in my private life when they did bother me (aside from speeding), they weren't up-to-speed on the laws so they weren't able to judge if I was breaking them or not.

3) Not to get on a high horse, but there are more than a few people on this forum alone that are capable of being an officer, but an officer wouldn't necessarily be able to perform their jobs. As in, there are people physically and mentally capable of passing everything necessary to be a cop, but many cops don't have the requirements or skills necessary to do a lot of the other private sector jobs. In my case, not that my job is particularly difficult, but you have to have the educational background - that's a requirement. That's not to say I'd ever WANT to be a cop, because they're underpaid for the level of stress and bullshit they have to deal with, but that I'm capable.

I only say that to illustrate that SOME officers don't have the educational background necessary to make the sort of judgment calls they make. Doctors have to go to school for 8 years to make life/death calls, but an officer only needs a HS Diploma/GED and less than 6 months of 'training' (Elyria PD "Sworn Officer" requirements) before they're given discretion to take someones life.

And, while it takes a certain kind of individual to do the things officers do, it also attracts a lot of the kinds of individuals that tend to get drunk with power. So, I'm not going to let a few bad apples spoil the bunch, but it's quite the coincidence that I run into more bad apples than good.

Edited by JRMMiii

I'm not anti cop. One would think I am because I really never had a good experience with a cop and I have known several, personally and proffesionally. I would gladly breakdown a video in favor of the cop if you show me one that warrants it........ this one is not it....

And chasing a car does not give a cop the right to shoot the driver. fleeing does not put the cop in danger, chasing does.... had the claim of trying to ram the cop been legit.... I'd have been for the cop........ it was BS though......... end of story....

but what is KNOWN is that they guy driving the vehicle is in complete disreguard of the law and puts the cops life in jeopordy. when the cops life is put in danger is when he is allowed to use lethal force. im sorry its just my ignorant opinion but i feel the same way with someone fleeing on a bike, you know the what ifs when you make the decision to run. this guy put lives in danger when he took off.

Maybe but at what point do the cops become the aggressor and one flees even harder? In comes the fight or flight response. The cops are not the only ones allowed to have a human response to a situation.

the cop jumped on the hood and could have jumped off the hood. What idiot jumps in front of a fleeing car? I mean come on.

:trophy: Ding ding ding, winner!!!!

I said it earlier, he should have stayed in his cruiser until another cop blocked the front of the car so it could not go anywhere.

I also said I wasn't gonna comment here anymore, but this is so much fun :D

while it takes a certain kind of individual to do the things officers do, it also attracts a lot of the kinds of individuals that tend to get drunk with power. So, I'm not going to let a few bad apples spoil the bunch, but it's quite the coincidence that I run into more bad apples than good.

+10

Maybe but at what point do the cops become the aggressor and one flees even harder? In comes the fight or flight response. The cops are not the only ones allowed to have a human response to a situation.

there is no fight or flight in a situation with lights and sirens, law says you cant run from those........... i see what you are saying, dont get me wrong, but if a cop is chasing someone and they are law abiding there is no reason to yourself, public, or cops in that situation. but at no point should you fear the police or have to run if you have nothing to hide. i dunno, i know its over and done with and nobody (you or i even) could even say how we would exactly act in that situation.

:trophy: Ding ding ding' date=' winner!!!!

I said it earlier, he should have stayed in his cruiser until another cop blocked the front of the car so it could not go anywhere.

I also said I wasn't gonna comment here anymore, but this is so much fun :D[/quote']

and then when the guy takes off and crashes into your living room window you would be saying they should have shot him and saved my big screen :lol: