police chase with crazy ending

pocar

did the cops do the right thing  

51 members have voted

1. 1. did the cops do the right thing

• I do agree with what the cops did
    • I dont agree with what the cops did

Why the hell is this making its rounds on the net again.. FAIL

And many of you are dipshits for your keyboard warrior opinions against the cop. BIGGER FAIL.

Go read the report of what actually happened before you speculate yourself to death.. BIGGEST FAIL..

Edited by flounder

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cop was asshole for jumping on the hood in the first place' date='

he put his own life in jeopardy with that move, what did he expect to happen,

did he expect the perp to say.... "oh shit, I better stop, I got a cop on my hood!"??[/quote']

Yes..Once the cop jumped on the hood the fact he continued to drive demonstrated at that point the driver had no regard for human life. It identified him at that point as a greater threat ...who once/if he escaped may have had no qualms against rape, murder etc...

Up until that point I agree with simply trying to ram the car or use force on the car only.

Actually it does... when the suspect uses his car as a deadly weapon :rulez:

Blue Ash policy permits deadly force if a suspect uses a vehicle as deadly weapon, and officers said Bennett tried to run them down.

A preliminary investigation show that officers followed department procedure, and authorities said conclusive findings would be released at the conclusion of two investigations.

Actually it does... when the suspect uses his car as a deadly weapon :rulez:

While agree with this quote, I did not see this action in the video. I heard the claim by the cop but it seemed bogus. The guy was trying to get away. I would have more justification for shooting into oncoming traffic while crossing at a crosswalk, I mean at least those cars are pointed directly at me when I step in their way. This murder victim was trying to steer away from the cop. At no time would I have viewed the victims actions in the car as even remotely threatening to me.

Well I need to jump in here. I am a police officers daughter and I don't think that the situation was handled correctly. Shooting an unarmed man is murder. Does being a police officer give you a license to kill.

You need to ask your dad if a person driving their vehicle at him while he is outside of the vehicle is considered deadly force. Just a thought.

While agree with this quote, I did not see this action in the video. I heard the claim by the cop but it seemed bogus. The guy was trying to get away. I would have more justification for shooting into oncoming traffic while crossing at a crosswalk, I mean at least those cars are pointed directly at me when I step in their way. This murder victim was trying to steer away from the cop. At no time would I have viewed the victims actions in the car as even remotely threatening to me.

The assailant hit the gas pedal while the officer was IN FRONT of the monte. This is deadly force. Watch closely, like i mentioned in another post. The officer is walking IN FRONT OR the vehicle, the driver hits the gas, the officer jumps on the hood (better then rolling under the tires) and fires shots through the windshield to SAVE HIS OWN LIFE. If the officer didnt fire, the driver could have easily slammed into a tree and killed the officer, ran the officer into another car, knocked the officer off the vehicle causing him to roll under the vehicle. All of these are DEADLY FORCE from the driver REQUIRING deadly force from the officer.

the cop jumped on the hood and could have jumped off the hood. What idiot jumps in front of a fleeing car? I mean come on.

Lets see, he JUST rammed the car in the drivers’ door where his vehicle still sat. So did you want him to run around the back of the vehicle and then have the driver just... drive away again? No! You go around the front and get the the subject ASAP!!! In this case that meant going in front of the vehicle, which then drove AT HIM, which led to him shooting the subject.

If this cop would have done nothing and the guy drove into a house and killed a kid you guys would have him crucified for not doing something sooner. Live your unapprised lives and let the cop do their job. When was the last time a cop came into your workplace and told you youre doing your job wrong? Unless youre breaking the law... they dont. So dont do that to them.

I just watched in again. In slow motion and several times. The car was stopped and didnt move until shots were fired. The car started rolling when the guy apparently was "too dead" to hold the break.

Watch it again.....

I have seen it a lot of times, the shots were fired while the cop was on the hood... he didnt get on the hood until the VEHICLE WAS MOVING. This is why he fired.

I know its easy for us watching to make all kinds of judgement on both parties involved. The cop shouldnt have gone past his car door and pointed the gun at the motor and shoot! Whats the deal with the one oficer shooting 2 times from another spot?

They were already out of their vehicles once trying to get him, now its time to get into the vehicle and get him. You cant shoot a hollow point and expect it to go into the engine. It wont even make it TO the engine before it crumples up and stops. So there goes that theory.