Bought my first bike/ GSXR 750 today!!!

Jcroz91

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome and +1 million behind the class!

Only costs $25 and you can take it at either the Delaware North or Delaware South Career centers.

Do a walk-in. You'll find someone who decided their life and their $25 wasn't worth showing up for the class.

TAKE THE CLASS!

Your in the Polaris Area....where at?

behind the mall... the estates of walker woods off powell rd. the neighboorhood with the police sub-station in it. i live in the court next to the sub station.

i have a sonic blue mustang with a cowl hood and chrome saleens. im sure you have seen that if your local. its my DD

Edited by Jcroz91

Welcome and +1 million behind the class!

Only costs $25 and you can take it at either the Delaware North or Delaware South Career centers.

Do a walk-in. You'll find someone who decided their life and their $25 wasn't worth showing up for the class.

TAKE THE CLASS!

yeah im going to take it. i see ppl at the south center doing it all the time actually.

Fun bike, but stay out of the throttle for the first year.

Or at least until you scare the crap out of yourself a few times.

It's a learning experience. Progress at a pace that keeps you alive.

Don't trust cars and drivers. Don't trust skills you won't have right away.

Learn those skills carefully, and make them work for you.

Rick....

Was Rick also a Harley instructor????

Yes he was. So was.. ummm.. dang.. I can't recall that guys name.. the other guy. They both work at ADFarrow too from what they said.

Oh wait.. Tom. That's the other guys name.

Tom was cool.. Rick was awesome.

Fun bike, but stay out of the throttle for the first year.

Or at least until you scare the crap out of yourself a few times.

It's a learning experience. Progress at a pace that keeps you alive.

Don't trust cars and drivers. Don't trust skills you won't have right away.

Learn those skills carefully, and make them work for you.

yeah i mean i used to race a rmz 250 back before i bought my mustang. so i know most of the stuff i need to. i catch myself putting a foot out every now and then and the whole pushing the bars the opposite way thing kinda throws me off. the turns are what im most worried about. im not very willin to gettin my lean on yet. haha soon enough though.

Yes he was. So was.. ummm.. dang.. I can't recall that guys name.. the other guy. They both work at ADFarrow too from what they said.

Oh wait.. Tom. That's the other guys name.

Tom was cool.. Rick was awesome.

Rick was my instructor also.....great guy....

He was have some fun with myself and QueenB....he know that we had prior experience....good times

LOL

Cool.

Yeah, I took my original BRC class at Delaware North and a F'N JERK named Eugene (Gene) seemed to have issue with two types of people there--- the women riders and the 1 black guy in our class. Apparently if you were white and male you were okay. He knew that myself and others had never rode before.

I passed the class but he had beat down my riding confidence so much that I decided to go as a Walk-in to Delaware South. IT WAS AWESOME! I was getting the thumbs up from both Rick and Tom and improved my score greatly.

OOOOOOOH, putting feet down.... sure sign of riding past your limit. Lesson #1 is for free right here............... DO NOT LOOK DOWN, as in don't look down in a curve, or just slightly ahead in the curve. Rather, look all the way through the curve to what would be called... hmm... the "Point of Possible Perception." Looking down in a curve slows your cornering speed and creates an opportunity for you to lose your line, that is if you ever did select the line

OOOOOOOH, putting feet down.... sure sign of riding past your limit. Lesson #1 is for free right here............... DO NOT LOOK DOWN, as in don't look down in a curve, or just slightly ahead in the curve. Rather, look all the way through the curve to what would be called... hmm... the "Point of Possible Perception." Looking down in a curve slows your cornering speed and creates an opportunity for you to lose your line, that is if you ever did select the line

i didnt notice it till u said it... but i really do look down a lot while im going around a curve

It has to do with your visual reference on the line of horizon. Similar to those guys that race the old P-51 fighter planes out in Nevada sometimes only 100 feet off the ground at 300+ mph. They say when they "look down"rather than focus on the horizon, it causes the loss of reference of the ground to the sky, basically your ability to know up from down. The end result is putting the plane nose first into the ground I am not a pilot of planes, but the principle is the same with bikes and curves.