Back from the ride today

oldschoolsdime92

Well, Just got home from the ride today. Granda080 an I rode to Iron pony. We both bought a river road baclava, and let me tell you what. That was the best 5.49 cents I have ever spent on something to keep me warm! we then attempted to get to hocking. We hopped on 270, and Never hit 33. Lil mix up, no biggy. We rode to zanesville, and go on 40, and started back home. did about 45 miles on 40 and then hopped back on 70 and stopped at mcdonalds in hillard, as we were getting back on the highway some guy with a blue yamaha fj hopped on and rode probably 30 miles with us, he came up waved and on his way he went. and then bombed it the rest of the rest of the way home for a grand total of 299.5 miles.

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

This time of year I carry a balaclava with me at all times when riding. It beats freezing pieces off my body. And I've seriously tried that before. It doesn't seem quite cold enough for wearing one yet, but I would have used it this morning. That doesn't explain why I didn't use it, when I had it with me.

It doesn't seem quite cold enough for wearing one yet,

Before going home around 2am Saturday night, I had to scrape frost off my seat. I was certainly unhappy that I'd accidentally left my masks in my backpack at home, and my face was past numb into burning by the time I got home. It may not be too bad in the daytime yet, but it'll be getting there soon enough; that's why I normally carry 3 different 'weather styles' of gear with me this time of year.

Beats my sunny drive across I44 and I40 from St. Louis to the west side of Okie City. You'd go broke if you had to pay these tolls out here everyday. Saw a lot of bikes though. Sunny and 70 out this way today.

Actually, I used to pay those tolls pretty frequently, when I was still driving long haul. Definitely no fun.

Good food out that way though. :p