9/2 Alternate Ride...

XB12Ss

With some of the dissention going on with the original post, I figured I'd offer up an alternate ride...

Honestly, the pace will not be slow per say, but we aren't looking to race. There will be a couple fast guys and a few slow(er) guys/gals. Everyone will be out there having fun.

This is not the ride to impress people on. This will not turn into a race. Nobody will be goaded into doing anything they are not comfortable with...

That being said, here are my expectations:

Route is tentative, but we will go over it anyway... Don't be shy chime in if you know a sweet road...

Highways suck.

Hand signals should be standard and agreed upon before everyone leaves.

No passing in the corners.

My preferential crusing speed is 70-80mph. Triple digits are for the track, keep them to a minimum.

Keep safe distance.

Wear your gear... Helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, jeans... minimum. I don't want my ride ruined because we are scraping up dumbass all over the road.

Do whatever the hell you want unless it puts me or anyone else in harms way and/or causes undue attention of LEO's.

Ride your own ride.

Lotsa miles... all day. Feel free to break off whenever though...

Those who rode with me before know what to expect... Extra caution is warranted due to the holiday weekend...

This is not the ride to impress people on. This will not turn into a race. Nobody will be goaded into doing anything they are not comfortable with...

No one said the first ride was going to turn into a race! and if your "goaded" into dong anything you are not comfortable with then there is no one to blame but yourself! I have rode with these guys more then a few times! These are outstanding riders and none of them would make someone ride above their limits! I always ride at my own pace and have never been in danger with them!

There will be a couple fast guys and a few slow(er) guys/gals. Everyone will be out there having fun.

I think its funny that you said couple fast guys and few slow(er) guys/gals! how is it that the girls are put in the slow(er) group? not all girls who go and buy a bike are slow! that remark pissed me off!

No one said the first ride was going to turn into a race! and if your "goaded" into dong anything you are not comfortable with then there is no one to blame but yourself! I have rode with these guys more then a few times! These are outstanding riders and none of them would make someone ride above their limits! I always ride at my own pace and have never been in danger with them!

Dude started out the thread calling people out 'who think they are fast' and establishing it as a fast ride. The simple fact that he was calling out 'anybody with a liter bike' tells me that egos are going to fuel the way the ride plays out. The deeper the conversation went, the more my suspicions were validated...

Not my scene... and judging by the responses in that thread and the PM's I have been receiving, it's not everyone else's scene either. If that's your scene, cool.

I think its funny that you said couple fast guys and few slow(er) guys/gals! how is it that the girls are put in the slow(er) group? not all girls who go and buy a bike are slow! that remark pissed me off!

You are just looking for reasons to be pissed off...

There are two guys coming for sure that I know are fast(er)... hence, 'a couple fast guys'... There are two other guys who have expressed interest who are 'slower' (self-professed as I have not ridden with either of them before)... and one gal who may be there on a 250 Rebel... 2+1=3... a common way to reference 3 is to say 'a few'. I guess I could have stated 'a few slow(er) guys/gal", but that just would have been grammatically awkward...

Bottom line... for everyone... You want to ride with those guys... Have a good time. You want to ride with me, have a good time.

There is nothing sketchy going on at all.I never expected to get this many responses. I figured this ride would end up being a race between my friends and a group of guys from this site.I guess I was wrong.I still plan on keeping this a fast paced ride but it will have to be slower than my normal speed thruogh this area. There will only be one group that will wait for the rest of the group at all stop signs,stop lights and confusing intersections.Sorry if this disappoints anybody but with the amount of riders going this is the best way to insure everyone has fun.I'm still up for a good race if one of those "fast" guys is upset by my posts, and I'll be on my slower and older bike for this ride.

check yo facts

If him and his friends want to race down there let em! They do it a lot thats how they ride and they are good at it! Ask anyone who has truly rode with them! I'm not going to defend him, but you guys have your own ride planned so have fun! The people going on his will too, and those who wanna race and put a knee down will! Those who wanna ride and enjoy whats going on around them will!

he clearly states that it was going to be him and his friends! you guys have no clue of these peoples riding ability....he called out a few select people who went and got liter bikes for their first bike! thats all!

Why are you still arguing this? It's ok to be wrong you know.

AD Farrow Harley Davidson (Sunbury) @ 10am.

It's exit 131 on I-71 (SR-37)... About 20 miles north of Columbus... When you get off the exit head East and turn at the right light just past the Pilot gas station... Go straight back until you see the entrance to AD Farrow... it's slightly confusing, but if you keep going straight after turning right at the light, you'll hit the entrance... We'll meet at the west end of the parking lot where there's usually not much traffic.

Here is the worst map ever:

WorstMapEver.jpg

There will be a couple fast guys and a few slow(er) guys/gals. Everyone will be out there having fun.

just to be PC this is 2007 and a lot of remarks like that in a workplace can get you fired. i know this is not a job here but just using an example. most of it might be not what anyone ever means, but if 1 person takes it the wrong way then it is bad.

BTW have a good ride and be safe.

just to be PC this is 2007 and a lot of remarks like that in a workplace can get you fired. i know this is not a job here but just using an example. most of it might be not what anyone ever means, but if 1 person takes it the wrong way then it is bad.

BTW have a good ride and be safe.

luckily for him websites such as this one have a little "Terms and Conditions" page when you sign up. prevents all the bullshit lawsuits. :p

lawsuits? I was just throwing it out there that he put the girls in the slow group! I know a few girls that don't fall into that and just laughed when he put that up!

The girl I was refering to is in the slow group... Why is this even a discussion? Let's wash the sand out of our crevases and heed gsxr750girl's own advice, even if she isn't... Let's talk about the ride...

Who all is participating in this ride?

I got a little interest from this forum, but tons of interest from other forums...

Loud and Low is the only confirmed Ohio-Rider.net guy, but a number of others have expressed interest...

i may go with you guys if thats ok...what route are you guys planning on taking?

Anyone and everyone is welcome, but understand what everyone is expecting in terms of behavior and proper gear...

So between three forums we have like 25 people showing interest and/or confirmed... WAY TOO MUCH IMHO... There are like three groups all trying to converge together and I think it might be logistically impossible to work well, if at all.

I am separating up the groups to knock down the size to something more managable... We might even knock it down further into a couple groups within the group to ensure everyone is put in a comfortable position.

My proposed route is to meet at AD, *vomit* slab it to 256 and 70... Pick up EagleDRZ, then take 256 to 664 and rock Hocking Hills... Probably end up 256, 664, 56, loop 327 back to 664 to 56 (cause it's short and fun)... 56, Athens, 550, 377 so on and so forth...