Clutch install from hell...

RSVDon

Started at 9 am, gave up just now. I'm dirty, covered in at least 6 different oils, greases, and adhesives and I reek of trans fluid. But I'll be damned if that clutch isn't finally in that bitch after this long. Now to finish up tomorrow. I need a beer.

Oh, the clutch disc? Missing chunks of friction material. And the flywheel and pressure plate were scored and blued from repeated destruction. :lol:

b3ead49f.jpg

Edited by RSVDon

turbo i hope? have you seen that black goat around here running 9s? that car is sick

Yeah, Roger is a toolbox though. Don't ever let him talk you into paying him for anything. No matter what. He may have gotten his shit into the 9s, but he's incapable of building a kit for anyone else. Swindled quite a few people through the GTO community. But that's beside the point.

Yeah, Roger is a toolbox though. Don't ever let him talk you into paying him for anything. No matter what. He may have gotten his shit into the 9s, but he's incapable of building a kit for anyone else. Swindled quite a few people through the GTO community. But that's beside the point.

never knew this...only seen him at track days, and once at jegs

/thread jack lol

Wow, it really doesn't get any better than this. Buddy wrenching on the top of the car broke an exhaust manifold bolt off in the head. Now I have to lift the head to get it out. :cry:

I've seen quite a few trucks do that on their own (corrosion, had 6.0l in them.) Fortunately, most of them you can get to with a drill to get them out. If there's any bolt left sticking above the head surface, we've had a lot of luck with welding a nut onto it and backing it out (with the manifold off, of course.)

Even worse about this are the Ford trucks. MANY 5.4's and v-10's that we've seen have that problem.

I've seen quite a few trucks do that on their own (corrosion, had 6.0l in them.) Fortunately, most of them you can get to with a drill to get them out. If there's any bolt left sticking above the head surface, we've had a lot of luck with welding a nut onto it and backing it out (with the manifold off, of course.)

Even worse about this are the Ford trucks. MANY 5.4's and v-10's that we've seen have that problem.

I've decided to say "fuck it" to the bolt in there. The head is sealed for now and I'm piecing together the components for LQ4 truck heads with ARP bolts and studs, etc. Low compression sounds like fun for $400 total for the head package.