My new ride

Likwid

2010 VW Tiguan... trying to figure out if VW Credit (lease) allows after-market tinting... because this obviously needs a nice tint job. I decided to lease because I get bored quickly and this suits me well :)

2.0 TSI engine (turbocharged 200 hp) 6 speed automatic, it's not the fastest thing on the road for sure but it's fun as hell to drive.

16469_628739763702_39112443_35790847_2572989_n.jpg

16469_628739778672_39112443_35790849_4704401_n.jpg

16469_628739793642_39112443_35790852_6358392_n.jpg

16469_628739798632_39112443_35790853_240929_n.jpg

16469_628739783662_39112443_35790850_1658316_n.jpg

Yay! I checked the VW lease terms, no "poor quality window tint" so it looks like I can get a nice black tint and not be screwed!

congrats on the get....good thing its a lease and you won't have to work on it yourself, I HATE working on VW's.

If you need a good guy to do the tint let me know, my buddy Marco is one of the best in NE ohio

congrats on the get....good thing its a lease and you won't have to work on it yourself, I HATE working on VW's.

If you need a good guy to do the tint let me know, my buddy Marco is one of the best in NE ohio

I'd certainly like a quote :) DTM Brian has great prices, but it's a bit of a shlep down there if prices and quality are similar.

congrats on the VDUB...i am a volkswagen DORK. my other love to my bike.

you can tint that all ya want, the lease wont matter unless its a horrible job or an illegal tint. (mirror, colors). I work at a VW dealer in columbus, but if you need anything PM me. I'll see if i can help ya out with it!

Nick

i got a place that will tint that sucker for around 100 cash. they did my front two windows on my truck and its perfect. place is in north olmstead. very fast as well

I worry about cash only deals, I like to have SOME proof I paid for something, even if it's just the company name and a date.

congrats on the VDUB...i am a volkswagen DORK. my other love to my bike.

you can tint that all ya want, the lease wont matter unless its a horrible job or an illegal tint. (mirror, colors). I work at a VW dealer in columbus, but if you need anything PM me. I'll see if i can help ya out with it!

Nick

Thanks Nick! Let me know if you can get your hands on accessories or other random shwag for cheap :)

So far I'm loving everything about the Tiguan except the windows being clear! I took her down River Rd this morning on the way to work, I think she handles better than my Kawi, but what more would you expect from a noob on a cruiser?

I know I already told you on facebook, but does anyone else find it ironic that the Hebrew Hammer is now rockin' a VW?

Conflict of interest?

A VW and a Chrysler before that... self-deprecating I guess :)

Good point, what gives? :dunno:

Of course, that also rules out Japanese and Italian cars cuz they were in the Axis with Hitler.

Good point, what gives? :dunno:

Of course, that also rules out Japanese and Italian cars cuz they were in the Axis with Hitler.

Right, if I eliminated all products from my life that likely had some tie at some time to the nazis I'd live a pretty boring minimalistic life.

Right, if I eliminated all products from my life that likely had some tie at some time to the nazis I'd live a pretty boring minimalistic life.

:eek: So you're implying that Nazi's actually bettered your life? Their politics allowed for the sustainability of the companies that produce such goods and services of which you enjoy today.

:drink:OMG, I've heard it all now - I need a drink.

:eek: So you're implying that Nazi's actually bettered your life? Their politics allowed for the sustainability of the companies that produce such goods and services of which you enjoy today.

:drink:OMG, I've heard it all now - I need a drink.

Negatory my fellow nerd, you inferred that :) I am implying much like Kevin Bacon, everything can be tied to Germany, Japan or China.

Back to my original topic though, worked it out with NorthShoreTint (Bryan's guy), just gotta call and schedule tomorrow but he said he has some openings this week.

I'll get pictures asap. I got some advice (ty DTM et al) so I wanted to shoot for 50% but not at the risk of tickets... so I may end up getting 70% (I have an optometrist appointment tomorrow, so I may be able to get darker)

Negatory my fellow nerd, you inferred that :) I am implying much like Kevin Bacon, everything can be tied to Germany, Japan or China.

Back to my original topic though, worked it out with NorthShoreTint (Bryan's guy), just gotta call and schedule tomorrow but he said he has some openings this week.

I'll get pictures asap. I got some advice (ty DTM et al) so I wanted to shoot for 50% but not at the risk of tickets... so I may end up getting 70% (I have an optometrist appointment tomorrow, so I may be able to get darker)

Honestly anything lighter than 30% is a waste of money. You are pretty safe around these parts going 30%. My G35 is 20% all around and haven't been stopped once for it and you know the areas I'm in are all very picky to say the least. Not to mention it being an SUV, you could do limo on the rears and not ever be questioned. Marco should definitely hook you up, I've never seen anything he has done and been disappointed.

lol, while I certainly understand the "do 35% or darker or don't do anything at all" I do want to remain legal for a couple reasons.

1.) Lease, so turning it in I need to make sure my bases are covered

2.) CCW, I don't need to give an officer any more reason to hassle me

3.) My goal isn't for a "look" it's simply I want a little darker than clear, 50% more than accomplishes my goals.

4.) My interior is black, so even at 50% it should APPEAR darker

:-D But yes, looking at Marco's pictures, he seems to do great work, I'm sure I won't be disappointed!

Based on parts 1-3 I see your point and cant disagree too much but on #4 part of me says that lil fact is mostly bullshit lol. My buddy in Indy had tan interior on his black G and had the same % as me and there was no difference at all between the 2 cars

Based on parts 1-3 I see your point and cant disagree too much but on #4 part of me says that lil fact is mostly bullshit lol. My buddy in Indy had tan interior on his black G and had the same % as me and there was no difference at all between the 2 cars

Oh... well shit. I saw some pictures of Marco's shop, looks like he's got some samples taped up to the wall ready (and I've been told any good tinter will have samples)

So we'll play it by eye, if he holds 50% to the window and you can't tell any difference then I can go darker, I've seen cars with 50% that look dark as shit, and also horror stories of getting 50% and it being clear.... so we'll see