Mystery gun... let's play a game

Likwid

Here's what I know.... there's a handgun at my grandma's house (she said revolver) that she has said I could have. It belonged to my grandpa so it has sentimental value to me.... that's all I know...

I just want to take bets on what is the gun going to be? The closer more specific the more points you get... winner gets a beer.

The only details I know... he had it a while, since running the grocery store... so it could be anything from a derringer to a sw500... knowing my grandpa it could either be the best or the cheapest, he didn't do middleground that much.

I'm guessing .22 cowboy action with wood grips

So guess away, nothing to lose, a beer to gain (and maybe some Springfield Arms swag)

Edited by Likwid

Man, this is a fun game... I'm dying to see what it is...

Here's why I don't think it's something modern and expensive... one day ~1955 my grandfather came home having purchased a considerable (1-5k$) amount of stock and she made him sell it.... her reasoning? "Noone will ever buy 5 cent hamburgers!" ... apparantly my grandfather had bought stock in McDonalds when it initially went public and she made him sell it.

*sigh*... if only

My Mom learned to shoot with a Colt 1911 38 super auto. 1920s style. When it came time to go away, I missed it by a day. Aunt took it to a gun shop and sold it. I don't even want to know how little the shop gave her for it. Argh....

They were tres popular back then. It's what the Feds used to deal with bank robbers. Not to mention that whole Sargent York thing with the 1911 in WW1.

The other hugely popular piece was the 45acp revolver. If it's one of those, it's a keeper.

But yeah, it's probably a cheap no name 32 or 38 (old style 38 short) revolver from a catalog or hardware. The Chicago style stuff of the era that flooded the market. It'll be interesting if it turns out to be an old smoothbore (no rifling in the barrel) revolver from the 1900s.