how do you heat your garage?

oldschoolsdime92

eXACTLY WHAT ARE YOU EXHAUSTING...siNCE A foRCED aIR PROPANE HEATER IS A dIRECT fIRE UNIT....(damn caps lock)..

Being a DIrect FIre...there is no Exhaust..the rear of most are Intakes and simply force the air over the heat exchanger and into your space.

THere is no Exhaust "Per Se" to exhaust at all unless you simply vent your entire garage.

As a landlord myself, your LL must give you advanced notice of their intent to enter the premises for non emergency reasons. The eviction process is such a pain in the ass that most LLs only use it as a last resort.

So in summary, if you're a redneck fucktard that likes to work with fuel lines and removing gas tanks from your car while in the presence of open flames, don't use kerosene. If you have ANY common sense, you will be fine.

ohh i can play...

"We had been using the kerosene heater to heat the shop, but a gasoline leak developed on one of the vehicles, and when the vapors reached the heater it ignited,” he said.
MUSKEGON TOWNSHIP — A Muskegon Township man was unharmed in a Tuesday garage fire that started when gasoline fumes were ignited by a kerosene heater.

You do realize that the liquid gasoline is not very flammable and only possible for the surface to light. It's the vapor/fumes that are very dangerous..

Hell you car doesn't even "burn" liquid gasoline. Your car ignites the fumes and this causes the rest of the liquid to evaporate.

My buddy's garage/shop caught on fire when a 70 442 W-30 Cutlass was parked inside and had a slight leaking fuel line he didn't know about. He opened the shop, turned on the heater that was 15 ft from the car and poof.. up in flames..

But hey you want to chance your family's safety, go right ahead redneck..:rolleyes:

<<My buddy's garage/shop caught on fire when a 70 442 W-30 Cutlass was parked inside and had a slight leaking fuel line he didn't know about. He opened the shop, turned on the heater that was 15 ft from the car and poof.. up in flames..>>

Sad and weepy to hear about the loss of the Cutlass.......and the fire in your friends shop.

This is what i have and works great. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_503598_503598

I bought it from here also. I think they sell them at Tractor Supply too. My garage is 24x30 and will heat it up nicely.

These work great but dont set the roof on fire... It gets mighty hot above this thing. great heat and fast too. I use a wood burner with blowers on it with a kerosene heater to speed up the initial warmth.

These work great but dont set the roof on fire... It gets mighty hot above this thing. great heat and fast too. I use a wood burner with blowers on it with a kerosene heater to speed up the initial warmth.

Interesting. I might look into getting one of these. What about burning inside the closed area though and build up of carbon monoxide. I'd really rather not passout working on the bike :D As a last resort, I could get my parents 20yr old electric heater....but that would take ages to get any warmth in the garage.

Interesting. I might look into getting one of these. What about burning inside the closed area though and build up of carbon monoxide. I'd really rather not passout working on the bike :D As a last resort, I could get my parents 20yr old electric heater....but that would take ages to get any warmth in the garage.

People have been using propane and kerosene to heat their houses for years. It's ok for indoor use provided you use common sense, like no gas vapors present when an open flame heat source is in use, and dont lay any greasy rags on top of it, etc.

I use a propane heater when it's really cold.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5/R-100672874/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I'd like to get something that is more directional though. This one kind of has to heat the whole garage and the garage is not insulated so it's not super efficient.

we get along fine, he said that was intended for in the house, which that thought never crossed my mind to begin with. He said he didnt care about the garage. but I put a fire extinguisher out there anyways just for extra measures.

That's cool! Never thought of it that way either! I thought maybe he had a bad experience with a kerosene heater in a garage before! :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't have a kerosene heater in the house at this point, because we have 3 kids running around (well, one is just getting good at crawling) so it's a no go there. We have an electric heater for the baby's room, but it's only on when he's in his crib.

It's always nice to be cool with the landloard like that!

my garage isnt sealed up that tight and not insulated so i might not have noticed a problem because of that but it should burn clean enough to have no co2. never had a problem. works great