WTB: your Airbrush Talent

Radio Flyer

Since the airbrush questions are in this thread, how tough would it be for one of these guys to airbrush the original markings back onto my Interceptor? The decals are not out there in OE form, and not cheap, or not what I need in the aftermarket....

guess that would depend on what they are...... I have done several harleys where the emblems that were originally on the tank were discontinued. You can get pretty close to what was on there................

It's the Interceptor in my pics. I'll be doing the main paint work, I just have next to ZERO artistic talent!

Im not sure of Attacks range of work........ I can do portraits. You can visit my site at www.art-rigs.com

Dude! Impressive work!

My daughter is very artistic and I got her a beginning airbrush kit for Christmas.

Any advice? Do you know of any instructional websites I can point her to?

Cool.... I try and make it to my local JVS once a week or so to talk the kids in the auto body class that may be interested in squirtn paint. All I can say is practice....... the one mistake I can say I see newbies get into is not perfecting the art side of the talent. Your airbrushing will only go as far as your knowledge and technique of art itself. Pursue perfection of shading and colors to give the work more life. I got a really late start, but I didn't realize that I had pushed my art to such a point that really elevated my airbrushing when I got started. I can't say I know any real good vids to watch as far as brushing goes. The hard part is finding things that will apply to the introdutory airbrusher and not the advanced. You could look into getting a subscription to, say, airbrush action magazine. They have tutorials and info on airbrushing............. I also find seeing others work inspires me to do other things and be better. If you or she have any questions feel free to drop me a line....... mrartrigs@aol.com. I hope the airbrush you got was a double action..................

Thanks man. I will look into the mag and may hit you up with some questions as they arise.

I'm not sure if the gun is double action, but I will check. Where is a good place to get supplies? So far, the only places I have found is Hobby Lobby and Harbor Freight.

You can do hobby, but not harbor......... Look into bearair.com. they have alot of supplies and good prices. She really needs a double action to be able to do the art work. In fact, theres one on bearair that is called a peak x-3.... its around 50 bucks. If you tell them its for a class you may get the package deal. Thats the airbrush, hose, and a 4 or 6 pack of acrylic paint (2 ounces). That airbrush I use as a back up and for large areas. It can do much of what you want for detail, ecspecially for a beginner. The only thing that sucks is it is a syphon feed, but again it is good for a beginner. My main brush is a Iwiata HP-C plus which runs around 180. Also, don't ever spend more than 200 on a airbrush or Ill personally come over there and kick you myself. its a waste unless you are doing really fine illistration work or you get paid a s**t ton of money for your cycle work.

I got her a cheap brush from HF to start. If she shows interest in it and gets beyond the capabilities of that gun, which I'm sure she will, I'll get her a better one. I know nothing about it, so I went with what I could get cheap to start. I will look into the peak x-3.

Thats best.... I may be wrong, but I bet that thing is a single action. You'll want to try and get her to use it to color in drawings or use it for the shading. If its a single action it won't do anything line wise. Guess what I'm getting at is hopefully she doesnt get frustrated with it and just drop it all together.

I just suggest the one for starters..... that way if it doesn't go anywhere your not out much $. If she stays in it and as she gets better then you'll/she'll add to her stable of brushes. YEah, sure..... brag about having a Kustom............... twit. lol