Which bike? Thoughts....

garysol1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RC... Hands down!

Fun to ride, fun to own... May be down on HP in comparison to the I4s, but has more soul than you'll know what to do with. One of the most fun aspects of sport-twins is that unless you're balls-out hauling arse, you rarely have to even touch your brake levers to prepare for the corners.

The CBR is a fantastic bike: light, fast, reliable, and controlled; and if I could have two bikes I'd probably own one... But I have no intentions of getting rid of my RC.

Not to mention, the Sato soundtrack (noticed them in your pics) is simply amazing!

Kruel, damn man, wish I had more time to tell you the drama that surrounded my RC this summer, but I ll save that for a bike night this year.

Anyways IMHO if you want to 2 up and havent had experience with a Vtwin, I would probably go with the CBR. Personally if I had the choice back when I bought my RC and my CBR if I had that black fairing CBR I would rock that over the normal RC color.

If I could find a black RC close I would drop my RC in a second and get it ONLY because I started on a Vtwin and was pretty used to the powerband.

What do you ride now? If you ride a normal bike, I feel like going to an RC would actually be almost a step down as far as performance and power goes. I m not down playing the RC, but the CBR is rated as one of the top liter bikes ever.

I would rock the CBR, but thats just me. And talk to Dubguy, his bike is super legit I know that for a fact. and fairly priced.

He's asking $5200 for this. Located in Dayton, OH. :D

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177530

That RSV is a beautiful bike. I think I am a little to paranoid about parts and service availability to actually own one though. Is that silly?

Don't worry about it so much. They ran that model for a while and it's still a rotax motor. That thing is SEXY!!!

If I could find a black RC close I would drop my RC in a second and get it ONLY because I started on a Vtwin and was pretty used to the powerband.

What do you ride now? If you ride a normal bike, I feel like going to an RC would actually be almost a step down as far as performance and power goes. I m not down playing the RC, but the CBR is rated as one of the top liter bikes ever. .

My bike ownership history is long and very varied. I have already had a few twins, a few triples and more than a few I4's as well as a couple of V4's. Right now I have no bike last owning a 05 GSXR750....

My "question" that I posted really sounds newbish and I should know the answers especially after 25 some odd years of riding motorcycles but sometimes it is easier from someone on the outside to look in and bring a different view to things. For fun....here is a list of what I have owned over the past 30 some years. Sure I will miss a few

Starting in 1986....

Yamaha Radian

Honda VFR 750 x 2 (1986,1987)

Yamaha FZ750 x 2

Suzuki GSXR1100 (1987)

Suzuki GSXR750 x 2 (1992,2005)

Ducati 900ss x 3 (1991,1992)

Yamaha RZ350

Triumph 955i Daytona

Kawasaki S2 500 triple

Yamaha FZR600

Kawasaki ZX9 (2001)

Stick with the RZ350 for touring, and use the extra power from the Kwacker 500 on the track. Just ignore the flexing frame and crap brakes.

Ridden them all since '91, and I've been happiest with the twin. The inline 600's didn't agree with me, and the 1000's offer more of everything, except soul. I'm a zen rider, so the choice was obvious...:p

Yay me.....Just made a deal on 04 RC in Baltimore. Bike is REALLY immaculate. 14k miles. Fresh rubber, Sato high mounts, Sato rear sets, Scott damper, braided brake lines, Pazzo shorty levers, PCIII, Sargeant seat and an undertail kit.....Yay me!!

myrc.jpg

Yay me.....Just made a deal on 04 RC in Baltimore. Bike is REALLY immaculate. 14k miles. Fresh rubber, Sato high mounts, Sato rear sets, Scott damper, braided brake lines, Pazzo shorty levers, PCIII, Sargeant seat and an undertail kit.....Yay me!!

Glad you found your bike! Good choice. Now for the long drive!

Love it, that paint scheme is crazy, the white nose and tail sections were never stock, but from what I was told an option... Did you ask about them?

Rearsets look nasty and love the sato highmounts, I was looking at them this season for mine, but ordered the jardines before they came out with the highmount off set thingys to keep the passenger pegs.... my loss.

Good loooking bike, but never been a fan of all the decals, had mine removed when I got the body redone, the roadrunner etc.

CLEAN and SHINEY!!