Apple's announcement today

Casper

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

appletabletb160.jpg

I'm digging it. Would be good to take on my motorcycle trips.

Mount it on the bike and run GPS through it. Finally a screen you can see at speed on a bike. Have seen some tablet PC's doing this before and always wanted to do it.

Not overly expensive either!

Mount it on the bike and run GPS through it. Finally a screen you can see at speed on a bike. Have seen some tablet PC's doing this before and always wanted to do it.

Not overly expensive either!

I don't have any problem seeing my Garmin on my bike, but having GPS with google maps and real time weather on a screen that size, now that would be some cool shit.

$30.00 a month for unlimited 3G is also very cool.. This would be a great device to take on trips.. As far as it being durable, I use my Ipod touch every day and drop it all the time and have never had a problem I think they will hold up pretty well.

$30.00 a month for unlimited 3G is also very cool.. This would be a great device to take on trips..

Have you ever tried to take a trip with an AT&T phone? Your maps will just plain not load, it'll be pretty near useless outside of a major city. Might want to stick with your regular GPS unit. IMHO.

Have you ever tried to take a trip with an AT&T phone? Your maps will just plain not load, it'll be pretty near useless outside of a major city. Might want to stick with your regular GPS unit. IMHO.

That is an opinion, i have never had trouble with AT&T in fact when i go on trips it's my phone everyone is using to call the family etc.

I don't have any problem seeing my Garmin on my bike, but having GPS with google maps and real time weather on a screen that size, now that would be some cool shit.

Like with the Droid? Of course the screen is a bit small.

Edited by fusion

i never had a problem with my maps updating or loading on my drive from ohio to florida. of course it was a little rough in the mountains but thatll happen with any phone.

at/t is also expanding there 3g network or increasing their capabilities to match or exceed the current verizon 3g.

i would be willing to bet that if iphone had gone with verizon we'd be having these same talks about 3g networks sucking except flipped around...

Bahaha I just read it's stuck on AT&T's data plans. Bad news to anyone with an iPhone.

RIP AT&T's network, I wish I could say it was nice while it lasted

Oh my damn, and AT&T was worried about pic and video messaging killing their network. They are gonna get hit so hard the first week this is out, I might as well just not use my phone at all. Lol

"iPad" ? Really? Sounds like something the distaff side would use once a month...

I don't hate Apple - they make nice stuff - it's just overpriced, and in this case poorly named.

"iTablet" or even "Newton Redux" would be better.

I'd say this is pretty freaking cheap.
false, just announced 3g support.
Yeah, the demo is WiFi only though.
Bahaha I just read it's stuck on AT&T's data plans. Bad news to anyone with an iPhone.

RIP AT&T's network, I wish I could say it was nice while it lasted

You obviously missed a few weeks ago when I posted about the money ATT just dumped into expanding the 3G/4G network. They already have it up in their test markets.
I use the Tom Tom app. Works like a charm.
i never had a problem with my maps updating or loading on my drive from ohio to florida. of course it was a little rough in the mountains but thatll happen with any phone.

at/t is also expanding there 3g network or increasing their capabilities to match or exceed the current verizon 3g.

i would be willing to bet that if iphone had gone with verizon we'd be having these same talks about 3g networks sucking except flipped around...

Truth. Really the only place I don't get signal that I really wish I did is Hocking Hills. But then again, neither did my Verizon, Sprint, nor Nextel phones.

All in all, for traveling I think this thing will kick ass. On the trip out west, I just used my phone, which is convenient but too damn small. Something like this would be easy to pack, lightweight, and much more feasible. I might have to pick one up. I wish it had a camera though. Kinda cool that you don't have to purchase apps twice. Anything you buy for the iPhone you can use free on your iPad. That's nifty for the non-jailbroken folks.

Its a cool gadget.

Studying disruptive innovations right now, and Apples pretty much doing everything to a t. Target a smaller market and releasing a product that doesnt quite have as many bells and whistles as other comparable products.

Apple has an excellent marketing department and their ability to create user products and interfaces that cant be met by most corporations is astounding.

Yes, because Verizon doesn't have a lot of wireless users.

And Obama is solving unemployment :rolleyes:. Puhleaze, I'll believe it when I see it. Their record thus far doesn't inspire confidence.

I don't see the OMG Gotta have it factor. Yeah..it's cool..but I wouldn't want to do any serious travelling with that thing for fear of breaking the display (I also assume it will have a sturdy as hell carrying case).

It's cool..but I'm not impressed.

EDIT: I take some of my previous statement back. I could see watching movies with this on an airplane...