Why do you own the bike that you do?

JamesE

Simply, what is the reason for you owning the bike that you do? Include pics if possible.

I'll start off. I have always wanted a sportbike since I first saw them about 6-7 years ago. When i turned 16 my dad let me get a little 250 ninja. After he had his first major wreck a year later, I was forced to sell it. When i was 19 i bought a ninja 500 while in college. Then a year later, i decided i wanted to get a bigger bike, like the ones i remember. With money being a restraint (college student, part time job), i found a nice 1997 Gsx-r 750 and that is where im at now.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike was sitting in the lemon lot on base in california. It was clean, beautiful color, pure sex to me. I thought I got a good price for it, seller was legit, and since the guy was on base I was more inclined to believe him.

2005 Kawi ZX6R...my first bike.

picture.php?albumid=715&pictureid=9131

my gpz broke at the end of last season and i knew i wanted to fix it or get on something else. at first i couldnt find any engines so i started researching bikes and i ended up with my R1.

i knew i didnt want a susuki or a honda so it was betwen the zx10 and r1. since i couldnt get a loan outright i had to finance a new bike so that left 08-09. then when i started researching the 2 bikes the R1 had more tech for the money and even though it was down on power from the zx10 it looked 20times better IMO. then when i couldnt find a good deal in town, on the 08 it just left me with the 09 r1. once i heard the new crossplane engine it was a done deal

downsize_3.jpg

downsize_2.jpg

Was searching the interwebz last winter looking for anything and everything under $5000. I had gone through every make and model but avoided the Italians because of their stigma for high price and high maintenance. Then one night I was on cycle trader and saw the name Aprilia. I had never heard of them but did a search anyways and that's when I saw the Mille. I found a dealer near me and went to sit on a new one, loved it so much I said I have to have one. The more I read about it the more I liked it. It met my needs, met my financial limitations, and met my expectations for maintenance and reliability.

My first ride on a Mille was awe insipring coming from an 87 CBR600. It had a full exhaust, PCIII, and intake. When I twisted the throttle at 4000rpms it felt as if the hand of some all-knowing being had come out of the sky and smacked the back of that bike.

The rest, as they say, is history. Sempre Aprilia.

Bike was sitting in the lemon lot on base in california. It was clean, beautiful color, pure sex to me. I thought I got a good price for it, seller was legit, and since the guy was on base I was more inclined to believe him.

wow, nice bike...i want to move up to something like that in a few years

When i was a younger kid, I would hear my dad talk about the honda CBX, "146 mph from the showroom floor" "not only did honda WIN the race, it WAS the race" and other propoganda...

when i was 16, i found an article for the 2004 cbx 1600 (or so was rumored) and decided that "this was the bike for me..."

HondaCBX1600XX.jpg

in 2001, I seen a red CBR 1100XX on honda's website, and thought it looked remarkably close to the CBX posted above, when 2004 came and went, no cbx, I knew I had to have the XX, so I started my search, and finally had the coin, and opportunity back in march 2008. I picked it up from jersey, and brought it home.

rightside-1.jpg

It's my first bike... I initially was looking at cruisers, but it just wasn't comfortable. My MSF instructor recommended it to me, made me butt test it and I fell in love. Love the height, the engine is just enough to get in trouble with but forgiving enough not to kill me... 2008 Kawasaki Versys

6130_124823092961_502952961_2329659_323280_n.jpg

n502952961_558047_9515.jpg

I wanted to pop wheelies.

The first 250 I bought couldn't do it.

So I went with the 750.

Now I pop them daily.

Seriously though......

I bought the 250 as my first starter bike to learn on, and it's what I had cash for.

P1010234.jpg

The 750 I bought after a guy asked to buy my 250 while buying gloves at a local motorcycle store around here.

Found the 750 in Chicago and went and bought it.

GSXR750-3.jpg

I love this bike and color/combo...

Only thing I despise is the standard gixxer/squid negative comments about it.

All I can do is love my bike and do my part to change the stereotype...

P1010246.jpg

I love my bike !! I beat the poop out of it and it runs better and better !! Cant sell a beast like that !! I sold my gsxr 1,000 becuse i love the 750 motors, rev like a 6 and pull like a liter bike !! So i sold the 1,000 and kept 3, 750's to mess wit !! LOL

01 gsxr 750

i've had sportbikes my whole life, but when my buddy picked up his 2005 midnight warrior, i told him if he ever sold it to call me, i'd buy it. Well, he called me last May and i had it a week later. I Love my warrior and i'm glad i choose it as my first cruiser.

034-1.jpg

Of the three I have now..The ninja because a clown on here sold it to me for a ridiculously low price, The Sumo because they're more fun than can legally be had an the 1000rr because my wife said NO and I wanted to prove to her I wore the pants around here! .............. That was a ruff week or two and I've since givin the pants back to her but I still ended up with the bike :)