BMV late fees apply to bikes

DTM Brian

ok...so i am young but my cousin pointed something out the other day while discussing this. You do not necessarily have to have a tag on all of your vehicles if you do not plan to drive them. So how can there be a late fee? say if you have a *insert vintage car here* sitting in your barn and you decide you want to start driving it. Will they give you a late fee even though it is not required to have tags on a vehicle that is sitting or does not run?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess. You're one of those bottom of the totem pole guys?

In my time here that's the most ridiculous statement I've ever read.

I find it to be true in most industries and upper positions.

Those who are in the positions either dont know, dont care, or have forgotten how to be productive and do their own jobs.....Since they have people that can typically do it for them.

And I am far from the bottom.

Any Frankly, you know I dont like you...so I personally could care less about anything you think about me or any statement I make.

GO race something.

I find it to be true in most industries and upper positions.

Those who are in the positions either dont know, dont care, or have forgotten how to be productive and do their own jobs.....Since they have people that can typically do it for them.

And I am far from the bottom.

Any Frankly, you know I dont like you...so I personally could care less about anything you think about me or any statement I make.

GO race something.

Far from the bottom? You must be a moron as well. Let me ask you this - do you sign your own paycheck, or are you dependent on some dumb ass to pay you?

Don't care about what I have to say? Why bother to respond?

Go suck a dick.

Instead of racing to suck dicks, can we build a list of places that didn't charge the late fee? All I know for sure is that some places will charge you, some won't. So where did you guys that didn't get charged renew your plates?

they all will charge you now, as of october.

This is such bullshit ! You arent inconviencing anyone by getting them late. If anything you get tickeded and they get paid. They just know some folks cant afford to get them all at once ,so heres a good way to steal you rmoney !! Its called strong arm robbery....Its all BS. I'm riding all my bikes this year on one plate and fuck them. If they ask , I just got the bike !! you got 30 days to ride on the old tags ?? they keep this shit up and I'll start running from the fuckers again !!

they all will charge you now, as of october.

This is such bullshit ! You arent inconviencing anyone by getting them late. If anything you get tickeded and they get paid. They just know some folks cant afford to get them all at once ,so heres a good way to steal you rmoney !! Its called strong arm robbery....Its all BS. I'm riding all my bikes this year on one plate and fuck them. If they ask , I just got the bike !! you got 30 days to ride on the old tags ?? they keep this shit up and I'll start running from the fuckers again !!

Every time you see them behind you just ride a wheelie into the sunset and disappear! They can't read your plate if you're at 12 o'clock! :woo:

Instead of racing to suck dicks, can we build a list of places that didn't charge the late fee? All I know for sure is that some places will charge you, some won't. So where did you guys that didn't get charged renew your plates?

Findlay

She asked if I was now getting the bike out for the year. When I said "yes", she said they'd "waive" the penalty

mentor DMV doesn't charge late fee.

i called and asked before going, they were very sure that motorcycles are considered seasonal.

on the other hand, i think one in a nearby town said they are not, so the late fee applies... so just call around before you go. but it's definitely a hit/miss.

no late fee in hilliard either.

manager said they used to charge but they dont anymore, motorcycle is seasonal, they did an over ride and i was out the door.

hilliard is expensive compared to other places though.. mine was $48.50 sheesh thats highway robbery

Is there a restriction to where you get your plates renewed? I've always done it in Cuyahoga Falls, but the bike is registered to me in Stow and I spend most of the year in Columbus.

Money is tight right now, and if they try to ding me with the late fee in Cuyahoga Falls where I usually go, I'll say 'screw you' and go somewhere else if that is possible.

Is there a restriction to where you get your plates renewed? I've always done it in Cuyahoga Falls, but the bike is registered to me in Stow and I spend most of the year in Columbus.

Money is tight right now, and if they try to ding me with the late fee in Cuyahoga Falls where I usually go, I'll say 'screw you' and go somewhere else if that is possible.

no, you can go anywhere in ohio to register

hilliard is expensive compared to other places though.. mine was $48.50 sheesh thats highway robbery

I paid $80

.....But that's 'cause I've got vanity plates, & it's expensive to be vain ;)

No late fee @ eaton, OH..........

They said motorcycles & boat trailers are about the only thing they waive fees on.

i asked her to show me the ORC where it says they waive it....all she came up with was this: http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4503.11 that don't make much sense but whatever, I only paid $33 to renew so I'm happy.

ALSO: those gay sunburst plates are a optional limited edition...but I'd recommend requesting the Red/Blue/White plates before you pay, they might just hand you the sunburst ones. (that is if you don't want the ugly sunburst ones)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeh, I know its an old thread......... But I just got bent over and raped by the state of ohio on this! $20 late fee for renewing my utility trailer tags. This is total BS........ I mean some years I haven't even tagged the thing. Its not the $20 that pisses me off. Its the idea of the whole thing. its just another way to screw the tax payer out of more money.

This liitle stunt by bone head strickland has pushed me over the edge. I will now be on a mission to re-arrange my life so that I pay as little taxes to the state as I can. Every little thing from re-appraising my house for tax purposes to buying taxable items, groceries, and gas across the border in Kentucky.

I know its just $20....... but thats really just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. I've watched my income taxes go up, my property tax go up multiple times, sales tax go up, park fee's be added, registration of ATV's.......... the list goes on.

And then to beat all..... the lady at the BMV told me after I wrote her a check that had it been a boat trailer, it would have been exempt.......... well hell! I've hauled my canoe on it before! Next year, it will be registered as a boat trailer or I'll get rid of it just on the principal of it all............ Ok........... I feel better now that I have ranted for a bit..............