speedytriple

WHich one would you pick?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. WHich one would you pick?

• Sig Sauer Mosquito
    • Walthers P22
    • Ruger MarkIII
    • Browning buck mark

So I am looking to get a semi auto 22lr for plinking. I have shot Jbots p22 and it was nice. I have also rented a sig mosquito, and liked that alot also. I have looked at the berreta Neos, and the S&W 22a, also looked at the ruger markIII and browning buckmark. I dont like these styles as much as the p22, and the sig. So if it were your $300 which one would you pick. I am leaning towards the mosquito with the threaded barrel.

Mos-TB-detail-L.jpg

The Sigs are pretty slick. I have a P226 and love it. As for the .22s, I've had several of those listed. The buckmark was the most accurate, but jammed all the time. If I was to go to the store today for a new one, I'd likely get a Ruger with a bull barrel.

I looked at the ruger they look nice but I did not like the way they broke down to clean them and the genral functions of the gun seemed off to what I am use to. I know the sig and the p22 are ammo picky. Jbots p22 changed poi almost 2-3 inches when I went from his thunderfarts to my fed bulk. I couldnt hit shit with his gun was way low and right. Loaded up some fed bulk copper hp and it moved right onto target? I heard the sig likes minimags.

The P22 is a nice toy. The Sig is expensive and not even close to the quality of a 226 - surprisingly so. Both the Buckmark and the Ruger are fine guns that can be accurate and reliable for a lifetime. Me -I'd get the Ruger.

I looked at the ruger they look nice but I did not like the way they broke down to clean them and the genral functions of the gun seemed off to what I am use to. I know the sig and the p22 are ammo picky. Jbots p22 changed poi almost 2-3 inches when I went from his thunderfarts to my fed bulk. I couldnt hit shit with his gun was way low and right. Loaded up some fed bulk copper hp and it moved right onto target? I heard the sig likes minimags.

Gotta admit, my Mark II was THE hardest gun to field strip that I have ever owned. Liked it though.

The prices I have seen are cheaper on the sig. I can get the sig with threaded barrel for around $319. The rugers are around the same price with the bull barrel. For just a base sig they are $299, the ruger mark III is $229 for the 22/45. I just have little experience with the rugers. Maybe if I got to shoot one it might change my mind.

I have a Mark III Hunter...Great for plinking & easier TO BE accurate more often than the 22A that I also like...

Don't let the Ruger taking it apart or putting it back together thing scare you. There is one point in assembly that the gun must be in a vertical position so a pin/lever things falls correctly into place. Simple.

i dunno, i shoot ok with the P22 even with my shitty ammo. that said, i think depending on how big your hands are, you might be better off with the sig.

i have girly hands, so i like the p22

I have a Mark III Hunter...Great for plinking & easier TO BE accurate more often than the 22A that I also like...

Don't let the Ruger taking it apart or putting it back together thing scare you. There is one point in assembly that the gun must be in a vertical position so a pin/lever things falls correctly into place. Simple.

Exactly. Those who think it is hard to assemble/disassemble didn't read the instructions. It took me 30 minutes to learn how to do it and now I can do it under 20 seconds.

Ruger Mark III by far. Buck mark second. Sig = sucks. (I have a P226 9mm that I bought new last year and I love it- but the mosquito is a waste)

Exactly. Those who think it is hard to assemble/disassemble didn't read the instructions. It took me 30 minutes to learn how to do it and now I can do it under 20 seconds.

Ruger Mark III by far. Buck mark second. Sig = sucks. (I have a P226 9mm that I bought new last year and I love it- but the mosquito is a waste)

My point... 30 minutes to learn, compared to my 1911s, Sigs, Glocks, Walthers which can be field-stripped with blindfolds on. I'm still pro-Ruger, don't get me wrong. It's just a different take-down than your standard pistols and takes some practice. I've had a standard Mark II with 6.5 inch barrell, and a Government Mark II with the bull barrell. Great guns!

Thanks for all the good info guys. I am looking more for a fun plinker not a target gun. The 22a/s felt weird in the hand angle of the grip felt off to me? The neos was better in the hand feel but is kinda bulky. I think it is down to the ruger mark III and the sig. I might have to rent them both again and see which one I like better?

My father just upgraded his trigger on his Mark II and doesn't know how he shot it before... lol

i have a Beretta NEOS and love it other then the rear sight screw would never stay in (even with med loc tight). i threw on a cheap BSA red dot and now it's perfect. and i see this in my near future....

Neos-Carbine.gif