Team needs Endurance Rider Fasttrax/motoseries

ducatihottie999

Hi I am interviewing riders with racing experience for my 2010 middleweight endurance team. This is my 8th year racing and starting my own team again. The bike is 08 cbr 600rr it has everything! We are running the fasttrax/motoseries endurance season. If you are interested you MUST EMAIL me at ducatihottie999@gmail.com. You will have 1 third cost of entry fees, tires and fuel. Please dont pm on this forum I dont frequent it that often.

Thank you,

Kathy Hunter

#10 Expert Fasttrax/WERA

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I am interviewing riders with racing experience for my 2010 middleweight endurance team. This is my 8th year racing and starting my own team again. The bike is 08 cbr 600rr it has everything! We are running the fasttrax/motoseries endurance season. If you are interested you MUST EMAIL me at ducatihottie999@gmail.com. You will have 1 third cost of entry fees, tires and fuel. Please dont pm on this forum I dont frequent it that often.

Thank you,

Kathy Hunter

#10 Expert Fasttrax/WERA

1 bike or two? Quick fill or OEM? How many tires are you allocated or are you buying every set that is needed? What suspension?

Things like that need to be stated as some of these guys are pretty good racers and jumping on a team w/o really understanding what they are getting into isn't advised. What we did (albeit it was WERA National) was to get about $1k from each rider at the start. For 3 hour events, you only need two riders so, the 3 way split seems a little much. What is going to happen is that if OEM tank is used (Suspect it is), you will have one rider getting two stints to the other two getting only one.

You shouldn't pit until needing fuel or a mechanical. That means that if under green for the 3 hours, you will have the start under a full fuel load and will pit at the :45-:50 mark, change to the second rider. Second rider will run until the 1:30-1:35 mark, change to the third rider. Third rider will run until the 2:15-2:20 mark, change to the first rider again until the checkered...

Two riders is more sensable and best bet for a better finish.

The question on two bikes is due to practice time/seat time for riders to get equal time to set the bike up or get used to it...

Just pointing some things out as a lot of the newer endurance teams pit for equal seat time and that's fair and all, but not the way to win races...

The post was meant for setting up the Q&A if the rider is interested. I really didnt want to get into all that on the forum. Hence the email request....But since you asked here are a couple details. Stock tank for now. Prob mod the tank after first couple races. Quick dump can is a yes suspension is 25 mm cartridge gold valve ohlins sprung. Rear is penske triple. I dont race a half built machine. Maybe in the begginer days but not anymore. And i have always had a three man team as do almost all the teams I have run with over the past 8 years and we have never had any problems with time or cost splits.

Thanks for the input!

Kathy

The post was meant for setting up the Q&A if the rider is interested. I really didnt want to get into all that on the forum. Hence the email request....But since you asked here are a couple details. Stock tank for now. Prob mod the tank after first couple races. Quick dump can is a yes suspension is 25 mm cartridge gold valve ohlins sprung. Rear is penske triple. I dont race a half built machine. Maybe in the begginer days but not anymore. And i have always had a three man team as do almost all the teams I have run with over the past 8 years and we have never had any problems with time or cost splits.

Thanks for the input!

Kathy

Quick fill as in a male and female recepticle? Or, are you using a modded dump can that fits a stock opening? If using a stock tank, I assume the later which isn't as fast as a Superbike style dump can...

3 riders will work and as many FT racers do, but in most cases, 3 is too many for a 3 hour... The idea is that if costs are split three ways equally, that's not fair in terms of seat time. Fastest rider is going to get more for their money. If you split the time equally and pull riders in early, that's not fair as a team in that the time wasted in the pits will kill your results.

Of course, if everyone is doing that, then sure... But if a team like what we had comes along (We did a few events with FT and won every time) and does it based on what I described, you are going to pit at least 2 more times than neccessary...

Again, not bashing here. I am just pointing out some things for riders that may be interested. Endurance racing can be simple and for fun or if you want to win, it is complex and expensive to do right.

I understand you have 8 years doing this, but if you did WERA National stuff, you'd realize that consistancy wins. You won't win in the pits, but you can certainly get beat in the pits...

FT is a great series to try out endurance racing and I might even form a team with a buddy to do a couple there. We will see, but the idea is to stay out as long as you can, run consistant FAST laps and pit only when needed. Changing riders whenever you pit is fine, but forming a team with riders of like ability is encouraged. Pretty much endurance 101.

The idea of my posts is to put questions in the minds of riders that are interested. You also might want to explain your solution in the event of a crash. All three pitch in or does the rider that crashed pay?

Please dont pm on this forum I dont frequent it that often.

Thank you,

Kathy Hunter

#10 Expert Fasttrax/WERA

Thanks for the input!

Kathy

So, you come here looking for help but can't take the time to see if anyone is interested???

:slap:

So, you come here looking for help but can't take the time to see if anyone is interested???

That's how she is.

She's too good for everyone around here.

Anyway, from what I heard the motor for her "new" bike got left in an unheated space all winter. Too bad it didnt have antifreeze in it.

And not to mention what she has to say about OR on the Geritol laced LR site and even FT's site...

Sounds to me with her "8 years" of endurance racing experience that she's not so savvy and wishes she was... After all, with the comment "I dont race a half built machine." and yet she is running RaceTech Gold Valves and Ohlins springs, she isn't running top caliber stuff by any means.

But again, would be a great place for a newer rider to experience endurance. I just don't want someone thinking this is something it may not be and needs to ask serious questions...

Unless i'm mixing up screen names between the Fasttrax forum and this one, she's looking for someone who can turn consistent 1:12'S at Nelson.

That's "A" pace at any trackday I've ever attended. I'll be happy if I drop into the :15's at Nelson this summer.

3 riders may not be the best way to win, but it's definitely a cheaper way to race a (more) complete season.

I must have mixed up posts on the FT site, so I apologize for the misinformation; Kathy didn't specify a lap time.

as for her "bashing" of OR, someone asked her what other forums she hung out on, and this was her reply: "as far as the desmo guys nope and ohio riders BLAGH! I hang at localriders.com"

I don't know what "BLAGH!" means, but I can understand that not everyone appreciates our shenanigans, or the fact that people felt the need to thread-jacked her post and proceeded to lecture about how much she's doing wrong. Is it really surprising that she doesn't frequent the site when this is the kind of response she gets?

I never said I don't enjoy the shenanigans.

p.s. that "Parma Pets" store in the video is probably less than a mile from my house. I'm pretty sure some of the other stuff they showed is in Parma HEIGHTS though; except the strip clubs - those are all ours.

Edited by redkow97