arent u tired of this!?

GhostRider357

you know i dont own a bike yet but im rly tired of everyone telling me "your gonna kill yourself" when i tell them i want to get a sportbike....Like i said in my intro im gonna start with a kawa250 and learn for a season then buy a gsxr600...im tired of everyone saying that so im gonna get what i want.....(anyone else tired of hearing that :beating:)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, don't get a 250... That shit will be fun for about 2 weeks. Go straight for the 600 and save yourself the time of trying to sell the 250 in a month.

Just tell people you have a large life insurance policy so your family will be okay with it. Most people are worth more dead than alive.

+1...dont get a 250. Buy a used 600...preferably fuel injected. And who cares if it has scratches...plan on scratching it yourself. it will be easy to resell too. 50% of the members on this forum are in the market for scratched 600's. :)

Most never ridden a sportbike or don't even own one. They are MUCH safer than any other bike on the market. The technology and R&D that goes in them make them the best machines on 2 wheels. The 600's nowadays are just as fast as the old 90's literbikes. I say get a 250-500 and get your lean on all the time in the country for about a year and then trade it for a ZX6R. ;)

Suzie SV's are good starter bikes also I've heard. As long as you've got a level head on your shoulders, and know your limits and respect the bike, you'll be fine.

Sport bikes are WAY safer than any HD on the road simply because they have brakes and speed. believe it or not a handfull of throttle can save your ass in some situations! People think sport bikes are killers because of all the squids using them to commit suicide, every summer there's at least a dozen squids that remove themselves from the gene pool. take them out and sport bikes arn't any worse for accidents than standards or cruisers.

+1...dont get a 250. Buy a used 600...preferably fuel injected. And who cares if it has scratches...plan on scratching it yourself. it will be easy to resell too. 50% of the members on this forum are in the market for scratched 600's. :)

and 250s arent easy to sell? ive had numerous offers for my bike in just one season, and im sure it wouldnt be hard to part with. go for a cheap 250 and learn some twisties imo.

on a sidenote, the 250 is not only great to learn on, but it usually resells for what you paid for it if you sell it privately, insurance is cheap as hell, and its easy to get parts off ebay for when you drop it.

I personally wouldn't get a 250. Like I said, I'd be bored within 2 weeks. I think most of first time sportbike riders go for a 600 as their first bike. And I think Ben is the only rider on this forum witha 250. Maybe one or 2 others but 99% of the people you'll be riding with will have at least 600s.

I personally wouldn't get a 250. Like I said, I'd be bored within 2 weeks. I think most of first time sportbike riders go for a 600 as their first bike. And I think Ben is the only rider on this forum witha 250. Maybe one or 2 others but 99% of the people you'll be riding with will have at least 600s.

well its definitely not a good idea to step down by any means as you would be bored as hell, and for people who have 600+ sportbikes its probably hard to imagine starting on a 250. all that aside it really has been a good experience for me. all i can do is recommend it.

Im gonna have to go with Zorro on this one.. That alone aggrevates me because I dont like him.

Seriously though.. look at a used 600 or an SV 650.. You wont get bored on them as quick as the 250 and you will have the ability to do a track day and have some fun with it and really learn how to ride. Once you get bored with a bike you will start doing stupid stuff. Benyen has a habit of locking up his rear brakes at intersections because he things its fun.. Im waiting for him to loose it if he keeps it up. the fact of the matter is, if you do something stupid, your going to get hurt whether its a 250, 600, 750, litre bike etc.. just take your time and learn how to ride and be safe. There are plenty of us on here that have wrecked bikes and can give you all the info you want about how skipping across pavement at >50mph is not fun.

Ok here is some real advice. Get a 600, a fuel injected one would be great. This is the part that nobody ever thinks of so pay attention. Most people change the sprockets to make the bike faster but you can go the other way too. Put a larger sprocket on the front and it will calm the bike down a bit then when you are comfortable go back to a stock sprocket. Ta Da

In case anyone was wondering my wisdom is infinite

you know i dont own a bike yet but im rly tired of everyone telling me "your gonna kill yourself" when i tell them i want to get a sportbike....Like i said in my intro im gonna start with a kawa250 and learn for a season then buy a gsxr600...im tired of everyone saying that so im gonna get what i want.....(anyone else tired of hearing that :beating:)

just get a tatoo that says INVICIBLE and show it to everyone who talks to you about crotch rockets and death machines

just get a tatoo that says INVICIBLE and show it to everyone who talks to you about crotch rockets and death machines

Nice... I think you should get one.. then your EMO wife would woop up on you to show you other wise..

EMO.. just kidding,, I like the haircut but when yota said the best thing about having emo grass is that it cuts itself, I almost shit myself.

+1 for the SV650.

I've been riding one for a few seasons now. It's my first bike and I still love it. I can keep up with the inline 4 guys just fine and I'm starting to out-carve some with my improving riding skills due to the sv's killer handling. I've always been a fan of the Ducati Monster, but wanted Japanese reliability.

You can't beat the price/performance ratio. If you want more aggressive race-bike like ergonomics just install race rearsets and clip-ons, or do an early gsxr front end conversion. I'm also running a 180 rear tire with a CBR wheel conversion. My only complaint is that the SV suspension is pillow soft. But I am 225lbs. Last but not least, the exhaust note is dead sexy with my two brothers. I get loads of compliments.

If you go the SV route, be sure to go 2003+ for F.I.

lol! how did i know flounder was gonna say something? i said out carve "some"... i.e., Pedro (j/k!) i do want to get into some racing/track days next year. y'all gonna school me?

btw.. im bad with pairing forum names with actual names. who let me borrow their extra plate after I lost mine going to ama @ mid-ohio? I dont think i thanked you enough. You can have it back if you need it.

lol! how did i know flounder was gonna say something? i said out carve "some"... i.e., Pedro (j/k!) i do want to get into some racing/track days next year. y'all gonna school me?

btw.. im bad with pairing forum names with actual names. who let me borrow their extra plate after I lost mine going to ama @ mid-ohio? I dont think i thanked you enough. You can have it back if you need it.

That was me <- Plate guy. I dont need it back or anything I am just glad that it saved you from getting into any trouble.