How long did you endure the cold today?

bigd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think I am going to buy a heated liner and gloves.

Yeah, that was my conclusion from yesterday. I road about 1.5 hours up to my brother's house to visit around noon, and then back about 5pm. So, I rode about 3 hours total. Everything did well but my fingers, which were pretty much frozen halfway into both trips. I was trying some glove liners that held hand warmers in them, but didn't help enough and makes my hands a little bulky.

cant understand why you guys ride through all this salt. i dont even think about riding until after a few weeks of rain. shit will eat your bike

You don't think about riding ever...

how many miles did you do 2009? At least it's almost wakeboarding time.

Just got back from ~30 minute shakedown ride and then another ~30 minutes with the wife on the back.

It was actually pretty nice out. A bit more salt still on the roads than I would have liked, but at least it was dry.

You don't think about riding ever...

how many miles did you do 2009? At least it's almost wakeboarding time.

yes sir we just dropped in our slalom course in today. i think i rode maybe 500-700 miles last year. salt eats it. these people who think that sparying the bike down gets all the salt out and off are fucktards. maybe thats why my bike looks brand new

yes sir we just dropped in our slalom course in today. i think i rode maybe 500-700 miles last year. salt eats it. these people who think that sparying the bike down gets all the salt out and off are fucktards. maybe thats why my bike looks brand new

Your bike looks brand new because it has <2,000 miles on it :D

When we hitting the lake? I've never driven for wakeboarding but I can't imagine it's much different than slalom skiing (just slower)

Did about 120 miles of backroads today. A few layers and I was very comfortable, even my hands stayed comfy without the grips turned on.

There's some MEGA cinder collections in the corners out there...and potholes something fierce, but still a good ride.

cant understand why you guys ride through all this salt. i dont even think about riding until after a few weeks of rain. shit will eat your bike

Spray your bike off when you get home if you ride a garage queen. Sure beats sitting there looking at in the garage, paying insurance on it, and missing riding through days like today.

I don't even worry about it myself. If it's real cold the salt doesn't affect it, when it's warm enough to wash it I wash it. No corrosion on my bike, not even the fasteners....not that it matters, my bikes are ugly to start with.

:p

Yeah, that was my conclusion from yesterday. I road about 1.5 hours up to my brother's house to visit around noon, and then back about 5pm. So, I rode about 3 hours total. Everything did well but my fingers, which were pretty much frozen halfway into both trips. I was trying some glove liners that held hand warmers in them, but didn't help enough and makes my hands a little bulky.

After freezing my hands off yesterday, I said I came to the conclusion I needed some heated gear. My riding today consisted of driving to the Iron Pony and back. I picked up a Gerbing heated jacket liner, gloves, and dual controller. I came home and wired them up, so I'm good to go. I'm going to ride it to work tomorrow morning now.

I got frozen hands and feet yesterday after being out for about an hour. Today was almost comfortable and I went for another hour ride. I reckon the rain they have promised us this week will wash away the remaining salt in the roads.