Teach her to ride.

Anden

• 3 months later...
Anyone up to the task of teaching the wife to ride?

Yes she will be taking the MSF. But due to our schedules one of us will need to burn vacation.

Ok, I can't do it because we are married. If your married too you understand. In my experience its best not to teach anyone you know because you assume that they know what ever it is your teaching them.

She really want to learn but I don't think she really understands the danger involved in it either. You should see her drive.

My wife can ride a bicycle I did teach her a little bit about the how the clutch and gears work. And to walk it under power with the clutch (friction zone). I just need someone else to finish up and give her an understanding of what she is really getting into.

Interested PM me.

Thanks

Lee

I'm sure I can count on you guys to flame and hijack.

We need pics of said wife.

• 1 year later...
Gave digging I know but she is getting the bike when I get up today. So who is brave enough to give her some pointers over the weekend. I'll buy dinner.

I can do internet schooling.... Lesson 1. Park the Shadow on a flat part of the yard. Now push it over so it falls on it's side. Pick it back up and place it on the kick stand and do it again. Let me know when this is mastered for lesson 2. ;)

• Upvote 1

I don't know where you live but I would be happy to help if its close by. Does she at least know how to drive a manual?

We are north of Dayton. And yes she can drive a stick.

I had my GF doing figure 8's in no time, no previous riding experience. Just start off as simple as possible. I turned the idle up enough that she wouldn't have to worry about using the throttle and the clutch at first until she got used to using the clutch. Then when she mastered the clutch (going in straight lines) we added turns in my parents yard, then put idle back to normal and had her put it all together!

-VanDy

See the problem is we are married VanDy. If I say something like "The sky is blue." She hears "You would look good in a blue shirt. We should go to the mall and do some shopping. While we are out we could stop by the furniture store, Lowes and the flower factory. After we are done we could go out to eat."

I can only imagine what ease out on the clutch sounds like.

I am in Akron and have helped a lot of women learn to ride. I have intructed for the fasttrax/motoseries school for many years. I also have dirtbikes for training tools. I think it does help to start on a dirtbike. But some instructors dont feel the same. Anyways my offer stands to anyone in the area.

See the problem is we are married VanDy. If I say something like "The sky is blue." She hears "You would look good in a blue shirt. We should go to the mall and do some shopping. While we are out we could stop by the furniture store, Lowes and the flower factory. After we are done we could go out to eat."

Oh... we're going to see clutch? I'm not as dumb as you look!

Oh... we're going to see clutch? I'm not as dumb as you look!

:lol: You 2 have brought whole 'nuther atmosphere here, I'll bet you guys act like Jen and I with publicly bashing on each other all the time - some of my friends think it's the best show on tv :D

We all need to hang out together sometime and have some good laughs!

With school out you might be able to find a school parking lot to practice in. Maybe one of the elementary school lots hidden back in the neighborhood North of 42? Second thing is gear to learn in. Helmet, gloves, above the ankle boots, maybe even knee protection and a jacket with armored elbows, shoulders and back? Hate to see you have an opps off the bat that delays the learning till next year.

With school out you might be able to find a school parking lot to practice in. Maybe one of the elementary school lots hidden back in the neighborhood North of 42? Second thing is gear to learn in. Helmet, gloves, above the ankle boots, maybe even knee protection and a jacket with armored elbows, shoulders and back? Hate to see you have an opps off the bat that delays the learning till next year.

I have helmet,gloves, and jacket (however it is uncomfortable as hell, want to buy a different one)