My first real ride on the RC

garysol1

Roads finally looked pretty clean and the temps were in the low 40's with sunshine. Seemed like the perfect day to take my new to me RC51 out on her maiden voyage. I called the wife and we decided to meet in Elyria for lunch so I was off with a destination in mind. I rode a total of 50 miles some freeway and some rural and I think it is safe to say that the Honda and I should get along just fine. Yes the stock seat will be uncomfortable pretty quickly as the leading edges were already digging into my thighs a bit and yes the throttle response was a little abrupt at low RPM's but these minor issues are easily fixed and or ignored. This bike does make beautiful music from the gear whine in the front to the bass note from the rear. Downshifts are a audible delight. She seems to hold a line very nicely but the cold dirty roads and a rusty rider had me not pushing very much. Oh yea, I love the big trunk. Big enough to put a bike in!

Hope everyone else was able to get out today. It was a great start to the season.

You make me have a sadface.

I haven't even started charging the batteries, and I've gotta drop a $*hundo*$ on oil for both bikes this year (with the flogging I gave the SV last year, I figure I probably should change it again this year).

I've gotta drop a $*hundo*$ on oil for both bikes this year (with the flogging I gave the SV last year, I figure I probably should change it again this year).

I had an expensive day as well. I activated my insurance policy on the bike today and Progressive found my car accident from last winter. 3 car accident on slick roads and 2 of us got tickets for following to close. Instant $250.00 a year increase. First ticket in 13 years.

I ran back to the house for lunch and was half tempeted to ride the RC back to the office. But I haven't changed the oil yet, and don't want to stir it up.

The RC is just unabashed sexiniess in sound. Its not the Duc thud (which I am in love with as well) but I love my RC. Sure, its big, its older, its loud, but its mine and I love that sexy bitch!

Roads finally looked pretty clean and the temps were in the low 40's with sunshine. Seemed like the perfect day to take my new to me RC51 out on her maiden voyage. I called the wife and we decided to meet in Elyria for lunch so I was off with a destination in mind. I rode a total of 50 miles some freeway and some rural and I think it is safe to say that the Honda and I should get along just fine. Yes the stock seat will be uncomfortable pretty quickly as the leading edges were already digging into my thighs a bit and yes the throttle response was a little abrupt at low RPM's but these minor issues are easily fixed and or ignored. This bike does make beautiful music from the gear whine in the front to the bass note from the rear. Downshifts are a audible delight. She seems to hold a line very nicely but the cold dirty roads and a rusty rider had me not pushing very much. Oh yea, I love the big trunk. Big enough to put a bike in!

Hope everyone else was able to get out today. It was a great start to the season.

Were you traveling east on Center Ridge today riding two up about 1:00 PM? I think you were following me in my Trailblazer until I turned into Giant Eagle.

Nope, not I. I did see some other guy in Elyria though riding a Katana and wearing a white head wrap/facemask. I chuckled.

Were you traveling east on Center Ridge today riding two up about 1:00 PM? I think you were following me in my Trailblazer until I turned into Giant Eagle.

Seemed like the perfect day to take my new to me RC51 out on her maiden voyage.

It was definitely a day to ride! I would've gone but everything's on hold while I machine all the parts to work my magic on the riser project. We need a good rain to rinse the roads.

Nope, not I. I did see some other guy in Elyria though riding a Katana and wearing a white head wrap/facemask. I chuckled.

I should have noticed your avatar. The bike following me was the red and white scheme. What is it with all the RCs I've seen more the past few years than when they were making them?