OR bike nights 2010

jj1

Nerk and Roundtown have bars just for fat girls!? :eek:

Yeah, ALL of the bars in Newark.... :lol:

There are a few places in Newark that would be good, but they're pretty much all in Heath! Maybe Rooster's in Newark though? Most of the bars in that town seem to draw the hardcore harley group. You know, the ones that spend more time polishing their chrome and drinking than riding.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee thanks. I wish I had this sort of info before pulling off 4 meet n greets.

I wouldve never figured out that whole Thursday thing without you pointing it out. It's fukin March, nothings been decided yet. We're just tossing ideas around if that's OK with you. and you're right, that whole calendar thing is sofaking lame. Please do us all a favor and NEVER check it.

So now comes the time when I add you to my ignore list so I don't get pulled into your shit like Max and Nightrider. Later fuzynutz.

:popcorn: for everybody.

Nice. He gave you an honest answer, then explained it rationally without hostility (even tho you insulted him). Even if you don't agree with his reasons, you choose to come back with more venom...and employ the ignore?

http://books.google.com/books?id=UhTCKXkWLs8C&dq=Dale+Carnegie&printsec=frontcover&source=an&hl=en&ei=SDesS7ikEsK78ga23o2kDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Might wanna peruse that.

Aw shucks. I'm sorry. Can you forgive me? :rolleyes:

why don't you send your boy that book. I'm not the first he's set off.

You think I took him the wrong way? Maybe I did and maybe I didn't. I'm over it say what you will.

To anyone else I've offended please see halfass apology at the top of this post. If your still not satisfied reread said halfass apology until you are. Thanks.

Now can we get back to fingering out what we want to do?

You think I took him the wrong way? Maybe I did and maybe I didn't. I'm over it say what you will.

He does lie to make himself look sweet.

OK just my 2 cents , there is a new bw3 on west fifth ave. central location and im sure if someone went in and talked to the guy they would love the business , has a nice bike parking lot and is central located . ill go talk to owner if it is an option

Personally, I think it's way better if we 'spontaneously' create a bike night at a place that doesn't do bike nights-- just randomly show up with as many people as we can gather, and take the shit over for an evening.

Do a different one every week, and when one place actually responds well, we stay there.

Of course, I also enjoy telling McDonalds counter-slaves that there's a bus in the parking lot, just to watch the crew start freaking the fuck out. :p

Personally, I think it's way better if we 'spontaneously' create a bike night at a place that doesn't do bike nights-- just randomly show up with as many people as we can gather, and take the shit over for an evening.

Do a different one every week, and when one place actually responds well, we stay there.

Of course, I also enjoy telling McDonalds counter-slaves that there's a bus in the parking lot, just to watch the crew start freaking the fuck out. :p

I kinda like this idea.

I kinda like this idea.

See, I initially just said it to be obnoxious, but it actually does have its upsides-- we can move it around so more people get a chance to show up, and we get to check out places we haven't been to yet.

To anyone else I've offended please see halfass apology at the top of this post. If your still not satisfied reread said halfass apology until you are. Thanks.

Now can we get back to fingering out what we want to do?

Sorry, the clique here seems to hate differing opinions.

superrolleyes.gif

i like the random show up also and itll give people a chance to come who usually dont because its to far . set a 40 mile limit from down town and hit every thing in all directions would be cool . also like todds post about just watching people freak the fuck out lol

I second that. I know the owner here and could probably get us some deals and such. Plus we would have a whole sections to ourselves. There is even some covered parking at the bank next door. And the chicken wings are FAT. Sauces are excellent. Much better than BW3.

do it. i was going to give them a call but if you already have an "in" i'll let you :D let me know if i can help at all

for people wanting to go on long rides and do road trips you sure are lazy when it comes to just meeting up for a good time

Most people don't have the time/desire to go on long rides during the week. Also, many people like to have a beer or two :eek: and don't wan't to be real far from home.

Ok, don't let jagr's bs cloud this up. I guess it needs to be decided if we want this event to get 'big' like last year's @ BWR or just to have a weekly ORN get together at different places around town. I personally think it would be much more difficult to convince a place to give us specials or to get bands to play if we aren't committed to coming back every week.

I guess a vote or something is in order.

for people wanting to go on long rides and do road trips you sure are lazy when it comes to just meeting up for a good time

yes they are. To sum up the thread. 1000rrider wants it east, preferably Newark. Rotating it around has popped up. Not BWR this year. No one will listen to Zach and his opinions

I might make it to some more this year

They all usually late to start also. Just sayin!

We had lots of meets last year, big deals, little deals, quick decisions, major decisions. We don't have to choose one over another, unless they are on the same day at the same time. There's also no way we can each go to them all. With nearly 4000 people and friends, it will happen, and those that go will be there.

If only three people show up, that's fine too. Party of three, have a seat.